Skip to content

US Yahoo News

HOW CAN WE HELP YOU?
Hello and welcome to Yahoo News feedback forum and information center.

Your voice is important to us. This is a place for you to help shape the Yahoo News experience. Read below to learn more about our company, our editorial team and how to contact us. Our teams review the feedback from this forum to make positive changes to Yahoo News.

OUR COMPANY
Yahoo News is operated by Yahoo Inc. In 2021, Apollo Global Management, Inc. (NYSE: APO) acquired Yahoo (formerly Verizon Media, itself formerly known as Oath) from Verizon. Yahoo operates as a standalone company under Apollo.

OUR TEAM
  • Lauren Johnston, Executive Editor, Yahoo News U.S.
CONTACT US
To contact the Yahoo News editorial team to report issues or corrections, please email corrections@yahoonews.com. Email must include the URL for the article or video.  If your request is about a story published by one of our third-party publisher partners, please directly reach out to that outlet.

SHARE FEEDBACK

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:
  • Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  • This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please find answers on our help site.
  • Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.
  • When providing feedback on an article, please include the URL and story headline. This will help us find the article faster.
The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

91 results found

1. I have been trying for over FOUR MONTHS to get help with YAHOO NEWS comments section.

I am apparently banned from Yahoo News comment section. I believe the remediation algorithm has mistakenly done this. All posts and replies I make are removed in seconds with a comment that it violates policy. How does 'Hello' violate policy? No one can reply on Yahoo HELP and all I get are cut and paste emails telling me to review policies. I have done that many times. I subscribed to paid support and wasted that money to be told that they cannot help me and to contact OpenWeb. I have done this and not gotten a single reply from them…

63rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. 266th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 156th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Your software can't tell the difference between some ordinary punctuation symbols (an elipsis is one example) and an "emoji."

Your software for handling comments can't tell the difference between some ordinary punctuation symbols (an emoji is one example) and an emoji. I worked in software for 40 years and I say your software is ****.

962nd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 962nd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. the news section UI is terrible. notifications on comments , but how to use link to see it?

notifications on comments , but how to use link to see it? 80% of the time does nothing . 2/10 times it will take me to new window to see comment reply. why only 20% of the time does it function? go to view past comment, where is it? you have most of my comments listed. if i navigate to new story i commented on ,there it is. but not listed in comment history.

149th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Yahoo please improve your moderation no matter how much we edit our comments to meet your standards you still place a hold on them and they

Yahoo please improve your moderation no matter how much we edit our comments to meet your standards you still place a hold on them and they sit for days. The moment is lost the conversation is lost. We are trying but you are making it very difficult. We dont know what words offend you outside of the obvious curse words. everyday words are getting flagged.

222nd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Stop with the Marc Anthony story already, for the love of god

Same story running every day, fix it already

962nd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Learn the diff between "jail" and "prison."

YOur headlines keep referring to people who are "sentenced to prison" for a term of days. PEOPLE DO NOT GO TO PRISON FOR ANY TERM SHORTER THAN A YEAR. IF they are sentenced to a term of less than a year, they do their time in the county jail. HOW DO YOU NOT KNOW THIS??

393rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. No matter what I put in my removed news sources, it has no effect. they keep re-appearing the next time I visit.

No matter what I put in my removed news sources, it has no effect. they keep re-appearing the next time I visit.

1463rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Been more "Microsoft Security Alerts" on yahoo news. link "Security Center Code0x268d3 Services" from animal selfie link

Been more "Microsoft Security Alerts" on yahoo news lately. link "Security Center Code0x268d3 Services" from animal selfie link

962nd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello! Would you be able to tell us more about where you are seeing these alerts (urls) and provide screen shots if possible? Thank you for helping us troubleshoot this issue!

12. Yahoo continues to turn everything it touches to ****.

If I leave a news page to briefly look at something else on my laptop, then come back to the page to continue reading, it decides to jump to a new story. This is a new "feature" that some additional idiot at Yahoo has added in the last week. YOU PEOPLE NEED TO LEAVE THINGS ALONE. QUIT ADDING FEATURES. EVERYTHING YOU TOUCH TURNS TO ****. WHEN I COME BACK TO AN EFFING PAGE, I DON'T WANT IT TO CHANGE.

393rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Wrong Picture Used - Misleading

Picture used on page 1 of linked Yahoo article is not in Nembe, Nigeria - I worked in Nigeria and West Africa for megaoil corp and this is misleading as shown.https://news.yahoo.com/oil-gushing-nigerian-wellhead-blasts-145223739.html
    Link =

654th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 1463rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. You might have your editor differentiate between "its" the possessive and "it's" the contraction for it is....Apparently, she or he hasn't.

You might have your editor differentiate between "its" the possessive and "it's" the contraction for it is....Apparently, she or he hasn't. I see I'm not the only one chiding you for bad grammar -- and yes, we want good grammar and good taste.

654th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. https://news.yahoo.com/protests-blockades-greet-italy-covid-082537348.html

Your article states "devastating Covid-induced recession" if you're reporting accurately this should be more like "devastating Covid-inspired lockdown-induced recession". Also you do not mention natural immunity in this article which makes it look like blatant propaganda.

654th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Instagram Links

Did you guys make Instagram mad...............all of the photos in your articles now say "Instagram refused to connect"?!?!

962nd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. You posted a story 9/5/2021 "Americans opposed to vaccine look for way around".

You erroneously posted a photo of a gentleman in front of a 'The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints' building. Very misleading. If you had done your due diligence investigating, you would have discovered that Covid vaccines are encouraged by church leadership for all who can access them. Please use appropriate and applicable photos for your news stories.

654th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. How do I unblock a news source?

I clicked on the 3 dots symbol next to a news listing on the home page to see what it is for and it automatically blocked that news source. I did not want to block that news source. It is one of my preferred news sources. How do I get it back?

654th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Tilt the wings. You wanna basically float on it but grab it at the same time my guy.-Kat 🖇️🏖️🧚

Um I'm just saying think inside the box because clearly were seeing the same thing at a different angel so go push one and the other all day. A breeze if you can actually move. Maybe take that l we just talked about and add some arms my guy.

962nd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base