Skip to content

US Yahoo News

HOW CAN WE HELP YOU?
Hello and welcome to Yahoo News feedback forum and information center.

Your voice is important to us. This is a place for you to help shape the Yahoo News experience. Read below to learn more about our company, our editorial team and how to contact us. Our teams review the feedback from this forum to make positive changes to Yahoo News.

OUR COMPANY
Yahoo News is operated by Yahoo Inc. In 2021, Apollo Global Management, Inc. (NYSE: APO) acquired Yahoo (formerly Verizon Media, itself formerly known as Oath) from Verizon. Yahoo operates as a standalone company under Apollo.

OUR TEAM
  • Lauren Johnston, Executive Editor, Yahoo News U.S.
CONTACT US
To contact the Yahoo News editorial team to report issues or corrections, please email corrections@yahoonews.com. Email must include the URL for the article or video.  If your request is about a story published by one of our third-party publisher partners, please directly reach out to that outlet.

SHARE FEEDBACK

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:
  • Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  • This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please find answers on our help site.
  • Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.
  • When providing feedback on an article, please include the URL and story headline. This will help us find the article faster.
The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

877 results found

1. can not delete my comments

About 75% of the time when I delete a comment of my own, it does not go away. People continue to comment or thumbs it. There are some comments I have tried deleting 10 times and they are still there. The delete function is not working.

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Reviewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Bug or Error  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. notifications

Your link to notifications doesn't work. When I get a notification about a news story I have left a comment on then click on the notification I get taken to a totally different story. Such as, clicked on this: Well I guess I can't show you because it won't let me paste links. Anyway, you guys are clueless most of the time so it won't really make any difference.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. First, you should remove that Ad fromthe middle of my monitor so that I can read the story.

Their seems to be an Ad in the middle of my monitor for "Katie Couric World 3.0" that covers up about 1/3 of what I am trying to read and I can't find a way to X it out. Makes it hard to read anything at all. While it may be easy for people who know their way around a computer to remove this it can be difficult for a non-techy Senior Citizen. It seems like I can't go to any page on my computer without having this same problem. You all always seem to make it harder rather than…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I like to delete comments to the news after a few weeks, but some are still in after months of trying. Please fix this issue.

I would like to see the news comments to be able to be deleted immediatly and permanetly, without the problem of trying dozens of times and having the comment still there. I currently have 7 comments I have tried at least 14 times to delete, but they are still there.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  7 comments  ·  Bug or Error  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Delete comment function does not actually delete the comment.

Delete comment function does not actually delete the comment. They keep coming back. I have 1 comment I have "deleted" a dozen times (which Yahoo verifies as deleted) and it's back next time I look.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  1 comment  ·  Bug or Error  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Ads that talk and that I can not mute are too much. I go to one of your news links and I have two voices talking same time. NUTS!

Ads that talk over the news does not work for anyone. You only get mad. I understand you have ads, but not allowing me to mute them is wrong. I listening to a news video and an ad at the same time is wrong. Very wrong if I can not mute or turn down or turn off the ad.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Need to tag your news stories better, or filter them better: there shouldn't be Asia news in the Middle East section, etc.

Better article tagging with appropriate region or Better article filtering per region. Need to add Australia and Canada as regions.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  3 comments  ·  Bug or Error  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I cant get any local news . Your site sucks !!!

get your local news , and your weather forecast right for a change. it absolutely sucks what you have done so far ! No access to local news , wrong weather wrong city .

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Content Preferences

In a headline "President Obama sits down with Pope Francis" I attempt to receive few stories concerning the pope who I care nothing about. However when I click the icon to bring up content preferences do you think I see "pope" as one of the choices to block???? No. Seriously? My choices are politics and government. Get it together guys. News 360 got y'all beat all over.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Bias filtering

It appears that Yahoo's algorithms for determining who is allowed to post comments on news stories is set to filter out those with a more progressive bias. I discovered this when I attempted to post using my primary email sign in, and after several posts was unable to sign in anymore. I subsequently created a secondary account and was once again able to post comments several times, but now find that every time I "sign in" the comments module refuses to recognize my account. In discussion with others I have found that I am not the only one to experience…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. You can get rid of the "duplicated" news stories so that list isn't so incessantly long!

To improve Yahoo News ... please get rid of the "duplicated" news stories so that list isn't so incessantly long!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  2 comments  ·  Bug or Error  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Fix the News Comments. None of my comments, replies, etc. showing for the past 4 days!

None of my comments, replies, etc. in News showing for the past 4 days!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  8 comments  ·  Bug or Error  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Report accurate, less biased news. How is it that an article about Trump dropping out is on your homepage - as if it's accurate news

Report accurate, less biased news. How is it that an article about Trump dropping out of the presidential race is on your homepage? It's one thing to repeatedly see articles from the Huffington Post and other left leaning sources, but it's markedly more to post lies. I'm done with Yahoo as my homepage and I'm sharing with others to avoid your website. You've entered the world of Tabloid journalism!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. STOP with this READ MORE ****. if we click once then we are already interested.

please stop making users click read more. do you know anyone who likes this feature? it is such a waste of time. if i click the link GIVE ME THE WHOLE ARTICLE. why must i click read more for yahoo to then open a new tab????????????????????????????????? whoever came up with this idea needs to be fired.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Please bring back old page! Here are the issues I am having that are preventing me from using your news section.

Please bring back old page! Here are the issues I am having that are preventing me from using your news section.
    Cannot see what I have posted.
    Cannot tell if others posted to a response I make. My comments option has disappeared.
    Other's comments for a statement will not open so I can read them.
    Can no longer thumbs up or down.
    Notifications do not bring me to the page I commented on.
    Loading videos are making this whole experience unenjoyable.
    I miss the old page for news where I could read other's comments also. When I click on replies…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Deleted comment isn't staying deleted

The comments I removed aren't staying deleted and they keep appearing in My Comments section.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Drop Video "Yahoo News/Must watch"

Autoplay videos (ads..) on the right side of the News home page (and comics) rarely load correctly or quickly, In some cases I've read the whole story, all the comics, or scanned every headline before the video even starts. In others the page will lock up waiting for pr.comit.yahoo.com

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Easier and Dependable Access to Own Comments on News Articles

Getting notifications that a comment has generated "likes" or "replies" is nice; however, clicking on the notification and being misdirected to a totally unrelated news page or an error message is annoying. Also, once on the article, we should be able to search for our "names" to easily read responses. Your system doesn't always put our comments first when linking to the notification when it does find the right article. Aggravating, for lack of a better word, is what it is!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Links in activity notification emails don't work right

I entered this before, but you marked it 'completed' when you put the notifications back (which tells me you didn't read my bug, because that's not what it was about). And now I can't even find the original bug.

I receive daily emails with listings of activity in Yahoo News comments (replies, thumbs up, etc.). In these emails are links that used to take me to the article and/or comment.

But now, the links usually take me to some article other than the one it should.

Please fix this, and pay attention to what it's about. It isn't about the…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base