US Yahoo News

Welcome to Yahoo News feedback forum.

Your voice is important to us. This is a place for you to help shape the Yahoo News experience. Our team reviews the feedback from this forum to make positive changes to Yahoo News.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:
  • Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  • This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please find answers on our help site.
  • For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  • Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. put comments back

Will yahoo keep the comment section down until AFTER the Nov vote? thus stiffling any political comments or views? Seems you have had long enough to achieve the goal you wanted by now. Maybe this is how yahoo decided to act neutral, to please the politicians?

556th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Losing your Clicks?

Hey Yahoo, are you starting to feel the pain of losing all those viewers?
    I just stopped in to see if the comments were back.
    I'm posting this comment and then heading back over to WAPO.

556th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Fact check articles you put in news , most are lies or half truths , maybe people would stop commenting such hate

Maybe if yahoo didnt lie so much and people would not be so hateful in their comments . Do some fact checking before you post articles for people to read and comment on

421st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Bring back the comment section

Bring back the comments. Most of them didn't fit your narrative, hence the reason for removing them. Yahoo sucks and your news is opinion based propaganda that I read for entertainment. I'd love to actually meet a Yahoo employee one day so I could give you a piece of my mind. You are a disgrace to the USA. TRUMP 2020 sugarbitches.
    Thanks and have a great day

421st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Resume allowing comments on articles and editorials, if you don't care what others think they won't care what you think.

Resume allowing comments on articles and editorials, if you don't care what others think they won't care what you think.

421st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. allow comments

your "comments" section was the ONLY forum where thoughts DIRECTLY related to published news articles was available
    every opinion, from the patently absurd, ignorant, anti-American rants to thoughtful, moderately worded, aspirational missives was allowed ... and NECESSARY
    only with that full range of comments (unrestricted by such nonsense as "tweet" length" or only specific responses to a lone posting) is our citizenry able to gauge and react to what many are thinking

556th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Go back to the old news page layout. The new one is annoying and difficult to read, just like AOL's.

Go back to the old news page layout. The new one is annoying and difficult to read, just like AOL's.

358th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. How about making the comments and responses section available...

Every other news or feature site has a comments and response section available to readers at the end of the article...can't seem to access one on Yahoo News...

267th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Funnel Layout

Get rid of it. The previous layout provided more features/articles at once while this one starts mildly strong then quickly reduces to a funnel with a pre-arranged string of articles hand picked for a particular outcome.

226th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. how to submit news feed to yahoo?

Hi, how to submit news feed to yahoo? For example, I subscribe a few news feed on Google news. for example this site

https://www.topicnews.cn

(the feed is https://www.topicnews.cn/en/feed)

If I'd like yahoo to include this feed in public, how to do that?

421st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 246th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Report on March for Life, Washington DC, 2020

Gosh, this was a massive event, the largest outdoor rally of the past year!I was there and am dismayed by the media's blind eye. Please post this link in your news section: https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/time-lapse-video-shows-massive-turnout-for-2020-march-for-life. The sheer number of participants is newsworthy, regardless of the cause. Thank you.

202nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Need Variety

I was checking out Yahoo Science and a full 80% of the articles are rehashing news of the virus from Wuhan. That's nice to know - but it doesn't justify being 80% of the news available on the Science page. A couple stories are fine, but unless we're getting hit by a killer asteroid, no single topic should ever get more than 1/3 of the stories.

202nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Stop Playing Videos of Yahoo News, Entertainment etc........When our Spam, Trash,inbox Folder etc folder is empty.

Stop Playing Videos of Yahoo News, Entertainment etc........When our Spam, Trash,inbox Folder etc folder is empty. As videos consume too much Internet Data, take you to news, then we keep on viewing these videos one after other & our work gets disturbs, etc...timepass

303rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. New format is forcing users away

I'll be switching to a new source of years after over a decade reading it on yahoo. I have dealt with many format changes but this one is the worst of many bad ideas that have hindered the user experience over the years.

• No longer a way to see a list of top stories. Instead you get 4-5 stories under each category, forcing you to check each category individually rather than a ready list of top stories from each being presented.

• New design is not for readers. The new design is a picture book of huge pictures and (sometimes misleading)…
    358th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. If our voice was really important to you, the comment section would not have been dismantled.

If our voices were really that important to Yahoo, the comment section would not have been dismantled.

704th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. My opinion is that your Comments to news stories have resulted in a deeply divided country. Pleading that you end them.

The Comments area to your news stories has resulted in a very divided American public. You may have meant well originally, but the name-calling, abusive attacks, and an open invitation to foreign bots have undermined any good that you intended. As an American, I strongly suggest removing Comments for the good of discourse in this country.

184th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  8 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Stop trying to be Idea Moderators and Restore the Comments Section

I am really angry at Yahoo beyond words for this ‘moratorium’ on comments. I would have wanted to post a comment on innumerable current events over the past two weeks, yet I was unable to do so because some prude at Verizon got their knickers in a knot over bad internet language while staying strangely silent over the erosion of American civil liberties by an obscene Trump administration. Most public school 5th grade teachers have the required skill set to moderate plucky kids effectively. Maybe Verizon should start sending their overpaid executive committee members to behavioral modification training seminars where…

556th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. The new Yahoo.News layout is awful.

The old format/layout was more readable, easier to see headlines, and was a much better format.

This is not better. If it's not broken, don't break it.

303rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. common sense

I made a suggestion to the lincoln project that if 50 to 75 billionaires were to donate 2 to 3 billion each and buy the post office it would solve everything. and it would not affect them in any way shape or form because they would make the money back the next day.Look at Jeff's ex-wife who donate over a billion dollars and made it back the next day. We need more things like this to be put out .

556th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base