US Yahoo News

Welcome to our Yahoo News feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the Yahoo News experience and to contact our editorial team. We review the feedback from this forum to make positive changes to Yahoo News.

To contact the Yahoo News editorial team to report issues or corrections, please email corrections@yahoonews.com.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please find answers on our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Sponsored "articles" are ruining my Yahoo experience.

I have been a faithful Yahoo user since the 90s. One used to be able to find the account date in account information, but that seems to have moved, I know my account dates back to at least 1998 and I have been on Yahoo daily since that time.

I used to spend time browsing headlines and clicking through to read many articles from your home page. However since the inception of sponsored content, I avoid the Yahoo home page.

I understand the need to generate profit but when every other "article" listed on the home page is in fact…

4th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  42 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Stop Animal Cruelty stories

Please STOP with these horrible animal cruelty stories on your front page each day!!!! I literally get sick seeing "Dog dragged behind van" and "Dog's mouth taped shut." Let the cops and local authorities handle these things. You are giving animal abusers ideas and attention.
    Please stop!

25th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  15 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Stop autoplaying videos on the Yahoo News home page

I see a lot of complaints about videos autoplaying when news articles are opened. That's annoying because it is unnessarily chewing up bandwidth. Recently when I first go to the Yahoo news home page, a video autoplays on the upper right side of the screen. I find this *extremely* annoying. I've used Yahoo News as my primary online news source for at least 12 years and now I think I need to look at less intrusive alternatives.

2nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  158 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Fix your comments section on the news page, the thing freezes up all the time.

Fix your comments section on the news page, the thing freezes up all the time.

182nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Start fixing problems rather than closing the issues!

I hate hitting next, waiting for a dozen adds to load, hit next, read a single line, hit next wait again for adds etc.......I never have gotten to the end of a story, I give up with the adds first!

133rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. audio alerts

Allow the user to receive silent alerts

217th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. How about showing the comments people get instead of wanting Yahoo to send breaking news to mu desk top that I don't want there.

How about alerting when you get a response to a comment instead of an alert from Yahoo wanting to send Breaking news to my desk top that I don't want there

119th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. How do I get my historical yahoo comments to be listed as latest to oldest

how do i change my historical comments to be listed as latest to oldest?

217th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Please allow flexible and changeable font sizes

Need larger text size to read.

217th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. News Feed Flips in my face

STOP updating news feeds while I am trying to read a story! I loose the story I am reading, every time, and get some unwanted story in it's place. I feel you are dictating what I read. I WILL find another news feed if this continues.

182nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Less gangster and murder stories

The better sides what is happening in the U.S. and the world .

217th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Create a news aggregator with a news map or news timeline showing how a story has transitioned to current state

Create a news bot that aggregates ranked relevant news from keywords of the article and/or creates a timeline
    Examples could be: Following events of a presidency, all speeches by a person, developments of a case, domestic or international response and views on a global issue like climate change or a developing peace accord. Any news or situation that transitions over time should be mapped.

217th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 217th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. It would be great if there was a robust local news section

We're a Managed Services Provider located in Massachusetts. We've got big news - we're moving our headquarters after 21 years in the same place. We're also promoting a hashtag about the transition - #TCGmoves .

I don't see a great place on Yahoo to share local news. It would set you apart if you had a forum like that.

133rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. News Board to scroll

Hi Team,

I am avid follower of the Yahoo news and it was comfortable to scroll to the news Board as we might want to scroll through the available highlights of the news and any thing particular is something interesting we would click on it to read the complete story. But with the current homepage while we open yahoo.com it always forces us to click on the next story to view it completely but never gives as an option to scroll through the news board.

Hope the team agrees with me and wish to have it for a better usage.

153rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Your on-top news articles are annoying.

When I click on a news article I get a yahoo page with the article on that page in a sort of "box" with an "X" at the top-right. I don't see the purpose in this. Why not have the page be the article? Let's say I go to another screen and want to return focus to the browser with your news article on it. If I click on any area outside that "box" the article disappears and I'm looking at a news page. I can't tell you how annoying this is. Please just give me a page that is…

182nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 217th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 4 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base