US Yahoo News

Welcome to our Yahoo News feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the Yahoo News experience and to contact our editorial team. We review the feedback from this forum to make positive changes to Yahoo News.

To contact the Yahoo News editorial team to report issues or corrections, please email corrections@yahoonews.com.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please find answers on our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 334th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Provide a facility to protect, lock Important Folders by OTP method (One Time Password).

Suggestions:
    Provide a facility to protect, lock Important Folders by OTP method (One Time Password).
    i.e You can lock the important folders & then it can be Unlocked only when you give OTP (One Time Password) which is send on our registered Mobile Number.
    As usually Important folders contain important, sensitive emails, files attachments like from - Banks, Insurance Company, Payment Wallets, Income Tax, Sharemarket, Medical Report, Travel Tickets, Hotel Booking, Electricity Bills, Telephone Bills, Company Data, R&D Data,....................etc, many things.
    By this above method even if your Yahoo Email Account get hacked, the hacker won’t be able to access…

334th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Stop Playing Videos of Yahoo News, Entertainment etc........When our Spam, Trash,inbox Folder etc folder is empty.

Stop Playing Videos of Yahoo News, Entertainment etc........When our Spam, Trash,inbox Folder etc folder is empty. As videos consume too much Internet Data, take you to news, then we keep on viewing these videos one after other & our work gets disturbs, etc...timepass

264th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 189th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Coronavirus RSS Feed

Can you get the Engineering team to add an RSS feed URL to the Coronavirus topic on Yahoo News?

example: https://news.yahoo.com/rss/coronavirus

Also add it as a topic to the Yahoo News app on iOS/Android with Alerts/Notifications.

334th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 264th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. New format is forcing users away

I'll be switching to a new source of years after over a decade reading it on yahoo. I have dealt with many format changes but this one is the worst of many bad ideas that have hindered the user experience over the years.

• No longer a way to see a list of top stories. Instead you get 4-5 stories under each category, forcing you to check each category individually rather than a ready list of top stories from each being presented.

• New design is not for readers. The new design is a picture book of huge pictures and (sometimes misleading)…
    264th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. corona virus

Have a small box on the top of all pages that shows the total number of corona virus cases in the US, the number of deaths, and the % death per confirmed cases. Can possibly add time/date stamp.

Completely revamp corona virus page, show above, show US map with cases, US map with deaths, table listing all states and territories with cases, deaths, percentage, map and table showing just cases and deaths of unknown origin to show reflect community spreading, can make this a heat map to show intensity like done for weather.

Can hire me PhD to edit.

189th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Guide To Survival Of The Coronavirus In America

PRESS RELEASE
    For Immediate Release

#

On March 1, 2020, Tomthunkit released his new book: "Guide To Survival Of The Coronavirus In America." Foreseeing the impending doom and destruction, Tomthunkit wrote this book to save lives and prevent mass hysteria along with widespread panic. This book is a comprehensive guide based on curated scientific information transformed into easily digestible brain food for general public consumption. This book dispels myths, fallacies, and propaganda about the novel coronavirus COVID19. It's full of truths supported by science, math, and historical data from reports about the virus.

This book includes a list of antivirus…

334th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. You have a 'Coronovirus' section all to itself. So why are you posting dozens of articles in the SCIENCE section? And why no science stuff

Why is all the coronovirus stuff being posted in the Science section, and no science articles about technology, space, aviation, archeology, etc., etc.?? You have a section called 'Coronovirus'. Why not post articles about the coronovirus in the Coronovirus section??

334th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. PLEASE STOP POSTING SPOILERS REGARDING THE MASKED SINGER.

You post a picture of the latest contestant voted out of Masked Singer on the mail news feed. You don't actually name the person, but the picture of the character is enough. Put the show's logo on there & say "Latest contestant voted off Masked Singer" or something. Stop with the spoilers.

189th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. News Articles

I do not like the limited PDF info that usually shows up when I click on a news article. I want to read the entire article, not just a headline and paragraph. It cheapens the news.

please return to the format to include the entire article. No more editing.

334th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 334th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 334th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. stop posting the reality show eliminations on yahoo news pages please, I watch on HULU and you're ruining it for me

Stop posting reality show eliminations on the news page please. the posts pop up when I check my email and you ruin the show for me.

334th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Update news feeds every few hours. Since the Verizon purchase, feeds are stale and outdated sometimes when posted.

Update news feeds every few hours. Since the Verizon purchase, feeds are stale and outdated sometimes when posted.

264th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I'd like for there to be a way to go anonymous in the comments sections.

Also, I'd like for Yahoo News to combat the shills and Russian trolls who invade the comments sections. They're highly abusive.

334th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Change you Science section back to the old format! What idiot designed the Science section? You have a huge picture with tiny print below.

Change the Science section back to the old format. What idiot designed the new Science section? You have a huge picture with tiny print below that is barely readable. Really, really dumb!

264th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Cop found passed out drunk in car while on duty not charged with DUI in Aurora Colorado

Cop in Aurora colorado who was passed out drunk in car, on duty is not being charged with DUI because his fellow police failed to test his BAC. It's an obvious cover up and the people of Colorado are angry after today's statement from DA saying they will not pursue the case. He still has his job and is out on our roads. Please make this story known!

334th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I have a 34 inch ultra wide screen monitor.

I have a 34 inch ultra wide screen monitor. Your website takes up 1/3 of my screen. Not requesting more ads but more content. Is there an option for my type of screen?

334th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base