Skip to content

US Yahoo News

HOW CAN WE HELP YOU?
Hello and welcome to Yahoo News feedback forum and information center.

Your voice is important to us. This is a place for you to help shape the Yahoo News experience. Read below to learn more about our company, our editorial team and how to contact us. Our teams review the feedback from this forum to make positive changes to Yahoo News.

OUR COMPANY
Yahoo News is operated by Yahoo Inc. In 2021, Apollo Global Management, Inc. (NYSE: APO) acquired Yahoo (formerly Verizon Media, itself formerly known as Oath) from Verizon. Yahoo operates as a standalone company under Apollo.

OUR TEAM
  • Lauren Johnston, Executive Editor, Yahoo News U.S.
CONTACT US
To contact the Yahoo News editorial team to report issues or corrections, please email corrections@yahoonews.com. Email must include the URL for the article or video.  If your request is about a story published by one of our third-party publisher partners, please directly reach out to that outlet.

SHARE FEEDBACK

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:
  • Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  • This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please find answers on our help site.
  • Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.
  • When providing feedback on an article, please include the URL and story headline. This will help us find the article faster.
The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

202 results found

1. cut the ****

you post too much yellow journalism such as the following:

Politics
    Elizabeth Warren Asks SEC To Help Her Ban Free Speech
    Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) wants the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) to prohibit organizations from “saying whatever they want about Washington policy debates,” according to a letter she sent to the agency on Thursday. Warren sent a letter to SEC Chairwoman Mary Jo White calling for an investigation into alleged discrepancies between statements insurance executives made to their investors and complaints these same individuals made about the impact new government regulations would have on their businesses, The Wall Street…

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Monitor foul slang words used to spread hate.

When yahoo has posted articles regarding transgender community it has continued to allow foul language and slang in its comment section. When you monitor stories regarding other minorities why bother to remove nasty and foul comments. I read several articles regarding transgender individuals as well as scrolling the comment section. It is obvious that yahoo nor its many of its commenter’s care to learn about others. The comment section was full of nasty remarks and the word "Tranny". Some a very few in the transgender community may embrace the word but it has a negative connotation similar to other words…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. My comment will make your jaw drop!

Please stop peppering the daily news items with features that
    'Will Make Your Jaw Drop!"
    Today's gem:
    "Her real name will MAKE YOUR JAW DROP!"

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Block button

II do not like seeing any animal cruelty stories, and I had them all blocked until you changed yahoo ( yet again). Now I can find no way to block them, there is a love button but not a block button. If you dont make it so I can block things I dont want to see, I will change my home page to something else, and use a different search engine. Please Yahoo change it back to the way it was before, or at least show me how to block storys I dont want on my…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. More info

An investor needs as many 'clubs' as possible in your bag!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. fix moderator from censoring for personal/political reasons

My messages are being deleted, apparently for political reasons at the following article, because it seems doubtful to be some sort of computer error:
    https://www.yahoo.com/politics/how-trumps-bullying-would-play-against-clinton-100051302.html?soc_src=mail&soc_trk=ma

I in no way violated the comments rules. This is censorship. Its not fair to do it based on the rules you yourself set. Thank you for practicing the first amendment and censoring only when a violation occurs. Any ethical company would not start dismantling threads just because of political reasons or a disagreement of fact/opinion. This goes straight to reputation and company conduct. Whoever is doing it is violating Yahoo standards I believe. TY…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Language features

The ability to choose English news sources when your system language is not English (eg, when set to German I get ONLY German news, I don't mind that but I want to see some of the English articles as well)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. ******

Could you please release the word ****** from the naughty list? ***** is allowable, but the female counterpart is not? It's like someone with social hangups working on your site think they it's a dirty word. That same person deems ***** as safe, so I can guess the gender of the hater.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Stop saying things are "jaw dropping"

Please make your writers stop using the terms "jaw dropping" or "will drop your jaw" those are the most ridiculous and overused phrases ever!!!!!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. you're science articles are weak at best

how about putting science only articles in science news and get rid of weak articles

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Stop deleting comments you don't agree with!!!

Stop deleting comments you don't agree with!!!

I commented on this story: http://news.yahoo.com/abortion-case-returns-supreme-court-loss-scalia-120808598.html;_ylt=AwrC1C0UeddW6isAKpPQtDMD;_ylu=X3oDMTBybGY3bmpvBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMyBHZ0aWQDBHNlYwNzcg--

It had 6 thumbs up at one point then my comment disappeared. This is not the first time that has happened. Yahoo is run by Religious Republicans, post a well written comment against guns or pro-choice and see how long it lasts!!!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Stop putting the F bomb on the front page. REALLY????

You have the F word right on the front page. Seriously Yahoo? I have middle schoolers who use your forum for homework requirements. This today: "Bernie Sanders is the Worst Presidential Candidate in History, and You and All Your Friends are Idiots
    Dear Bernie Sanders supporters: Wake the **** up. Sorry to be so blunt..." Sorry??? Come on people. And we wonder what's wrong with our society. Zero filter anymore.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Language

If you actually believe that using "*" and "*" in your articles will increase your otherwise anemic viewership, you are in worse shape than anyone thought. Try printing something that's actually interesting. Other than your fantasy sports app, your website is total amateur hour.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Remove profanity

Please screen news articles for appropriate language. The story headlined "Freakish eel-like sea creature shows up on Australian beach" included an obscenity in its first line as printed on your website on February 16, 2016.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Article titled "Freakish eel-like sea creature shows up on Australian beach" has profanity within the teaser!?!?!?

Whatever algorithm you are using to bring in news articles should exclude any with 4 letter words. Especially in the teaser!!!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I will be Blocking Yahoo from all our computers due to the vulgar language that is being used on here now. Children can see this sight.

The vulgar language being used on Yahoo here recently is tasteless and void of any class at all. Yahoo is now blocked from all my computers.
    I have noticed the trend of very progressive & "poor" journalism on Yahoo news. The language is merely a byproduct of the amateur and dumbed downed writings.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base