US Yahoo News

HOW CAN WE HELP YOU?
Hello and welcome to Yahoo News feedback forum and information center.

Your voice is important to us. This is a place for you to help shape the Yahoo News experience. Read below to learn more about our company, our editorial team and how to contact us. Our teams review the feedback from this forum to make positive changes to Yahoo News.

OUR COMPANY
Yahoo News is operated by Verizon Media, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Verizon. Yahoo, Yahoo News and all Verizon Media brands are part of the Verizon family of companies.

OUR TEAM
  • Alex Wallace: Head of Media and Content for Verizon Media
  • Lori Bongiorno: General Manager for Yahoo News, Entertainment, Life and MAKERS
  • Daniel Klaidman: Editor in Chief
  • Lauren Johnston: Head of Programming
  • Colin Campbell: Managing Editor
CONTACT US
To contact the Yahoo News editorial team to report issues or corrections, please email corrections@yahoonews.com.

SHARE FEEDBACK

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:
  • Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  • This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please find answers on our help site.
  • For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  • Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.
  • When providing feedback on an article, please include the URL and story headline. This will help us find the article faster.
The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please give your readers more options in customizing the news feed.

I would like to get rid of the "Celebrity" topic but there is no way to do it. Right now you give people "See less from" option regarding the source but not the theme.

72nd ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  7 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. You need to fix your comment section. It does not work.

Clicking on the comment icon, nothing happens.

223rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Bug or Error  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. you are lumping UK news with US news. Not interested in local UK news, and I am sure vice versa. Please give me an option to op out.

You are lumping UK news with US news. Not interested in local UK news, and I am sure vice versa. Please give me an option to op out. I am English speaking, but that does not automatically mean I want all English speaking countries as my news source. I want ability to pick and choose in my profile.

136th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. I live in the US and do't like seeing every other story about the UK.

Let the user decide where the news is generated from

153rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Stop with so much UK news and the Royals. Who cares about them.

I doubt most yahoo news readers dwell on the UK and Royal news. Same for Kardashians. Do those celebrities have lots of Yahoo stock?

123rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. DATA and SCIENCE comparing INFLUENZA and COVID 19

Wed, Mar 18 at 10:42 AM
    This Doctor is telling you you have the panic pandemic not the reality based influenza normal threat that is much more totally important.

Any death and sickness is too much. But what should the USA prioritize?

See Johns Hopkins web sites.

C19 world cases: 207,000. Deaths 8,000 = 3.8% of diagnosed cases. Data is of poor quality confounded by testing rates, selection of tested subjects etc. Not good science guys.

Numbers of undiagnosed & mild infections, just like influenza, presenting as a sniffle or common cold or URI. There is no such thing as…

269th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. You have to remove the comments sections

You have to remove the comments sections - they are the most toxic, dangerous places I have ever seen. Please stop allowing comments on articles. You are providing a platform for hate and allowing the proliferation and propagation of hate speech.

360th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  10 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Please restore Comments section at end of articles. Thanks!

Please restore Comments section at end of articles. Thanks!
    Or at leasst post why it has been removed!

141st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. How about making the comments and responses section available...

Every other news or feature site has a comments and response section available to readers at the end of the article...can't seem to access one on Yahoo News...

269th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. This feedback site is ignored - I can't even vote for previous comments

So there are bad things that yahoo news does. I try to leave a comment, I see many comments already. I try to vote for them, it says voting is closed. So Yahoo just ignores comments and closed those it doesn't like.
    I've read Yahoo for years, apparently time to stop.

207th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Why are you afraid to report on the terrorist that killed Americans in Florida?

Try reporting on the terrorist that killed Americans in Florida?

163rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 316th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Stop jamming videos down out throats. I want to read a story not watch it.

If you must include a video start it as paused and don't make it follow me down the screen as I try to read a story. Today I found a video that couldn't be paused and every time I closed it the video came back.

269th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. New format is forcing users away

I'll be switching to a new source of years after over a decade reading it on yahoo. I have dealt with many format changes but this one is the worst of many bad ideas that have hindered the user experience over the years.

• No longer a way to see a list of top stories. Instead you get 4-5 stories under each category, forcing you to check each category individually rather than a ready list of top stories from each being presented.

• New design is not for readers. The new design is a picture book of huge pictures and (sometimes misleading)…
    360th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 207th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 96th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  26 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. More news coverage of Joe Biden

We need more news coverage of Joe Biden and his presidential campaign. People are hungry for it.

417th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Thumbs down

Require responses for thumbs down comments. Or do not allow them. The nearly absolute majority of thumbs down for any comment go without any clarification. This does nothing to inform or enlighten.

360th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Fix your site!!!!

Have used Yahoo as my home page forever... going to change that soon.. Your show more links don't work. I keep getting news feed from sites I have selected to be show less of. (&^&&&^((&^%%% Currently you suck!

316th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Funnel Layout

Get rid of it. The previous layout provided more features/articles at once while this one starts mildly strong then quickly reduces to a funnel with a pre-arranged string of articles hand picked for a particular outcome.

290th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base