US Yahoo News

Welcome to our Yahoo News feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the Yahoo News experience and to contact our editorial team. We review the feedback from this forum to make positive changes to Yahoo News.

To contact the Yahoo News editorial team to report issues or corrections, please email corrections@yahoonews.com.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please find answers on our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 43rd ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  30 comments  ·  Typo or Other Mistake  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Need Variety

I was checking out Yahoo Science and a full 80% of the articles are rehashing news of the virus from Wuhan. That's nice to know - but it doesn't justify being 80% of the news available on the Science page. A couple stories are fine, but unless we're getting hit by a killer asteroid, no single topic should ever get more than 1/3 of the stories.

163rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. News publisher in Greece (Europe)

How can i apply to get a leading news site approved for yahoo News in Greece (Europe)? Could you please help us out?

531st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Language Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Ensure that only US-related stories show when I click the US News "tab".

I keep getting non-US related stories when I select the US News "tab". That makes ZERO sense.

163rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Bug or Error  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 42nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. This feedback site is ignored - I can't even vote for previous comments

So there are bad things that yahoo news does. I try to leave a comment, I see many comments already. I try to vote for them, it says voting is closed. So Yahoo just ignores comments and closed those it doesn't like.
    I've read Yahoo for years, apparently time to stop.

187th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. My opinion is that your Comments to news stories have resulted in a deeply divided country. Pleading that you end them.

The Comments area to your news stories has resulted in a very divided American public. You may have meant well originally, but the name-calling, abusive attacks, and an open invitation to foreign bots have undermined any good that you intended. As an American, I strongly suggest removing Comments for the good of discourse in this country.

141st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Yahoo news science page

The new format, as of Feb 5, 2020, is really horrible. Over sized pictures and hardly any text related to the pictures. Egads.

187th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Stop posting AOC articles. She's not earned the spotlight.

AOC is being presented as a leading Democrat voice when in fact she's a freshman Rep. who has yet to earn the platform she has been given. Granted her opponents are helping to give her a platform buy reacting to the press she's been given. She is a novelty at best.

57th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  8 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. New format is forcing users away

I'll be switching to a new source of years after over a decade reading it on yahoo. I have dealt with many format changes but this one is the worst of many bad ideas that have hindered the user experience over the years.

• No longer a way to see a list of top stories. Instead you get 4-5 stories under each category, forcing you to check each category individually rather than a ready list of top stories from each being presented.

• New design is not for readers. The new design is a picture book of huge pictures and (sometimes misleading)…
    228th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. get the militaristic "national interest" off of the newsfeed page

get the militaristic "national interest" off of the newsfeed page

134th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Please restore Comments section at end of articles. Thanks!

Please restore Comments section at end of articles. Thanks!
    Or at leasst post why it has been removed!

187th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. remove "national interest" from the news page

remove "national interest" from the news page

187th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. New Yahoo News format

It appears that the new format, which is horrible, was designed for people with wide screens (16:9). Guess what. Not everybody, including me, still use a 4:3 screen. So the News home screen will not fit on the screen unless I significantly change font sizes to the point where it is unreadable. You people apparently don't really think about what you're doing before implementing something that most people would prefer to be left alone. NEW is not always BETTER. Please give me an option to have the OLD News format.

228th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. What the heck did you do now

Yahoo just made a change to Yahoo News, and it is frigging horrible. Why can't you people just leave things alone?

228th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. local news..we need to be able to see it

we would like to see our local news and less opinionated news pieces just facts and truth

187th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. My Comments

What happened to having easily accessible historical "My Comments"?

Yahoo can count one less active user of their news platform...

228th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 290th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. pop up ads covering news stores

I am switching to Chrome, the Sliding Ad boxes are too annoying. GOOD BYE YAHOO.

45th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  15 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. please return your news page setup to the way it was last week this new format really STINKS

PLEASE RETURN YOUR NEWS PAGE SETUP TO THE PREVIOUS WAY IT WAS THIS NEW SETUP REALLY STINKS!!!!!

163rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base