US Yahoo News

HOW CAN WE HELP YOU?
Hello and welcome to Yahoo News feedback forum and information center.

Your voice is important to us. This is a place for you to help shape the Yahoo News experience. Read below to learn more about our company, our editorial team and how to contact us. Our teams review the feedback from this forum to make positive changes to Yahoo News.

OUR COMPANY
Yahoo News is operated by Verizon Media, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Verizon. Yahoo, Yahoo News and all Verizon Media brands are part of the Verizon family of companies.

OUR TEAM
  • Alex Wallace: Head of Media and Content for Verizon Media
  • Lori Bongiorno: General Manager for Yahoo News, Entertainment, Life and MAKERS
  • Daniel Klaidman: Editor in Chief
  • Lauren Johnston: Head of Programming
  • Colin Campbell: Managing Editor
CONTACT US
To contact the Yahoo News editorial team to report issues or corrections, please email corrections@yahoonews.com.

SHARE FEEDBACK

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:
  • Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  • This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please find answers on our help site.
  • For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  • Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.
  • When providing feedback on an article, please include the URL and story headline. This will help us find the article faster.
The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. You only gave the choice of the LV Sun newspaper I want the Review Jounal not the Sun

You will not let me remove the LV Sun and replace it with the LV Review Journal. The Sun is a throw away rag. The RJ is the real Las Vegas newspaper in fact the Sun is an insert in the RJ could you please correct that.

Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Reviewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. The story about China's weibo exodus is all about Turkey and it's annoying. Who edited this?

edit the story and coordinate with IT before you publish.

Charles Osburn

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. ABOUT YOUR NEWS PAGE

I CLICKED ON YOUR NEWS AND WAS SICKENED BY THE ALMOST NUDE WOMAN ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF MY SCREEN, PLEASE DON'T SHOW PICTURES LIKE THAT ANYMORE.

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Provide the time of the last page refresh

Provide the time of the last page refresh

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Save my location. HOW is it possible for SUNNYVALE CALIFORNIA to be important to PENNSYLVANIA

I am tired of having to change my location EVERY TIME I USE THESE PAGES> I am ready to remove it entirely and use a different browser and news site. Your choice Yahoo.

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Bug or Error  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Search your own comments or for comments/users on an article upon which you commented

A search feature to find older comments under My Comments or within articles/news upon which you've previously commented upon would be great. It would make it easier to follow a conversation or follow up on one. Such a feature might contain options for either word and/or name searches.

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. why do you have adds that out play news videos? you can't shut the volume off stop it!

turn volume off the commercials while watching a news feed. it's a waste of time and effort not being able to hear the news video while a disgusting commercial or game is playing that can't be silenced. get it right yahoo, shut this garbage off!!

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. The 1st use of Dear Abby in the integrated News lists always contains the words "(Shipping and handling are included in the price.)"

The 1st use of Dear Abby in the integrated News lists always contains the words "(Shipping and handling are included in the price.)" Obviously a screwup. Maybe these are in the text box and do not erase when someone inputs an Abby question, and it doesn't' get erased as soon as a person clicks into the text box for entry purposes? Anyway this has been going on for MONTHS!

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  1 comment  ·  Typo or Other Mistake  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Personal editing feature

The personalization feature of the news feed does not work. I have been properly editing certain news items for three months now and still receive edited articles. Yahoo just seems to ignore my delete items yet my past delete selections are kept in memory, apparently the program function stops at this point. For example I have selected not to view any "Dear Abbey" stories every day for three months now and every day there it is again. You do not have to be computer literate to see you wrote a program one way and promote it as another.

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  1 comment  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Know what part of World a story belongs in

Have the editor of your world news page take a geography class. Or get a map and label the various regions of the world. For example, Syria, Israel, and the United Arab Emirates are NOT part of Europe, they are part of the Middle East.

And separate the sports from the news.

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Change the shortcut key of pausing / unpausing a video.

When viewing an article with a video, I will often PAUSE the video (usually by clicking on the video while it's playing).. Then, I will start typing something down in the COMMENTS section. The problem is: whenever I use "SHIFT" while typing a whole word (to put that word in CAPS), I will next press the SPACEBAR, after the last letter in that word.. Often, my pinky finger is STILL holding down "SHIFT" when I press the spacebar, especially if I'm also intending to type the NEXT word in caps (but this also happens when I'm NOT typing the next…

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Use quality advertisers, no more cheap swimsuit photo ads!

The type of cheap looking skin ads on Yahoo! makes it look like a fake site. Choose ads that fit the content and are more professional. How bad is Yahoo! doing anyway??

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base