US Yahoo News

Welcome to our Yahoo News feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the Yahoo News experience and to contact our editorial team. We review the feedback from this forum to make positive changes to Yahoo News.

To contact the Yahoo News editorial team to report issues or corrections, please email corrections@yahoonews.com.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please find answers on our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. remove "national interest" from the news page

remove "national interest" from the news page

198th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Stop posting AOC articles. She's not earned the spotlight.

AOC is being presented as a leading Democrat voice when in fact she's a freshman Rep. who has yet to earn the platform she has been given. Granted her opponents are helping to give her a platform buy reacting to the press she's been given. She is a novelty at best.

63rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  9 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Ensure that only US-related stories show when I click the US News "tab".

I keep getting non-US related stories when I select the US News "tab". That makes ZERO sense.

198th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Bug or Error  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. just text in videos

If you have a video it should be of a person speaking that is involved in the story, or a person reading the story to you. Not a video of the text from the actual article/news story.

What is the point of the video if we still have to read the article? Save some time/money on video production?

277th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Place and Time stamps for stories. Identify who, what, where when for photos. Thanks

Place and Time stamps for stories. Identify who, what, where when for photos. Thanks

231st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. limiting the politics

Yahoo, your site use to be very rewarding and enjoyable prior to Trump. Now there is so much politics it is not. If you can limit the politics it will be extremely enjoyable like it use to be.

198th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Journalists should help during the crisis

Journalists should be helping during the virus problem , and informing all the unauthorised migrants they meet , that they should go home , as borders are closed in many countries , and they also are at risk from contracting the virus and spreading it .

277th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. how to submit news feed to yahoo?

Hi, how to submit news feed to yahoo? For example, I subscribe a few news feed on Google news. for example this site

https://www.topicnews.cn

(the feed is https://www.topicnews.cn/en/feed)

If I'd like yahoo to include this feed in public, how to do that?

340th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. please return your news page setup to the way it was last week this new format really STINKS

PLEASE RETURN YOUR NEWS PAGE SETUP TO THE PREVIOUS WAY IT WAS THIS NEW SETUP REALLY STINKS!!!!!

172nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. I agree WHY did you change the way the format from what it was? I was accustomed to seeing all the news as it was I don't give a **** about

put your format back the way it was! I don't care whats trending I just want my news in the original format or I will find my news from another source you guys had a great format and screwed it all to ****

198th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Serious error--Computer lockup trying to read an article

I tried to read the article about the WWII bomber. I got into it a couple of screens and then the computer got locked up. The computer sounded an alarm and kept repeating I was to call some support group before it could be unlocked. I have an antivirus program on the computer but the bug some how got around it. I had to do a forced power off to get around the problem.

This happened before, but the antivirus caught it before it became a problem.

277th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Bug or Error  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Update news feeds every few hours. Since the Verizon purchase, feeds are stale and outdated sometimes when posted.

Update news feeds every few hours. Since the Verizon purchase, feeds are stale and outdated sometimes when posted.

277th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. More news coverage of Joe Biden

We need more news coverage of Joe Biden and his presidential campaign. People are hungry for it.

277th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Change you Science section back to the old format! What idiot designed the Science section? You have a huge picture with tiny print below.

Change the Science section back to the old format. What idiot designed the new Science section? You have a huge picture with tiny print below that is barely readable. Really, really dumb!

231st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. why are there so many articles by the Guardian and The Independent on Yahoo news? These papers have the lowest circulation in the UK,

Yahoo news should reflect newspaper circulation in the UK - reduce the number of articles by the Guardian and The Independent

231st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. New format is forcing users away

I'll be switching to a new source of years after over a decade reading it on yahoo. I have dealt with many format changes but this one is the worst of many bad ideas that have hindered the user experience over the years.

• No longer a way to see a list of top stories. Instead you get 4-5 stories under each category, forcing you to check each category individually rather than a ready list of top stories from each being presented.

• New design is not for readers. The new design is a picture book of huge pictures and (sometimes misleading)…
    277th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. CAPTIONS

WHY do so many videos NOT HAVE captions? - mainly pertaining to news stories. Saw the same clips elsewhere and they had captions.

231st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. pop up ads covering news stores

I am switching to Chrome, the Sliding Ad boxes are too annoying. GOOD BYE YAHOO.

49th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  17 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Please restore Comments section at end of articles. Thanks!

Please restore Comments section at end of articles. Thanks!
    Or at leasst post why it has been removed!

231st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Notifications

When I click "Replied to your reaction" it does not take me to the correct location of the comment.

277th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Bug or Error  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base