US Yahoo News

Welcome to our Yahoo News feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the Yahoo News experience and to contact our editorial team. We review the feedback from this forum to make positive changes to Yahoo News.

To contact the Yahoo News editorial team to report issues or corrections, please email corrections@yahoonews.com.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please find answers on our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Yahoo News is just click bait

I hate your clickbait news items that require me to navigate to another clickbait news collector site. Why are you terrible?
    I hate your clickbait news items that require me to navigate to another clickbait news collector site. Just try and read your article on "piers morgan interviewing 12 y.o. hunter" Have you tried reading your own articles? Do you understand that they are painful and annoying and look like every advertising clickbait site? Do you remember when Yahoo news was an actual source of news as opposed to a clickbait generating portal? Why are you terrible?

84th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. There are way too many Game of Thrones articles!

It seems that almost every other news story/article has something to do with Game of Thrones. I have never even opened or searched for a single Game of Thrones thing. Why am I being inundated with so much?! I am extremely not interested and would be much more interested in actual news articles than to be constantly bombarded with Game of Thrones. Yet, there is no place where I can change my preferences. That is bad. We should be able to input preferences as to what we would like to read.

84th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Stop automatically playing videos

It's very disconcerting to go to a page, and suddenly hear a blast of sound. If I want to see a video, I will click on it.

This is part of data usage, and is not a minor problem.

I've had to find an add-on to stop this nonsense.

58th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. This is horrble. I could not even looks at the news. Everytimes I click the news headline. There are two or more videos playing sametime.

I can not watch the two video playing same time. It has been for awhile. I could not even watch it. I may have to change the Google default news page. I have been using yahoo for long long time. I can not do that now with 2 video playing same times.
    Thanks.

51st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. The "Sponsored" articles are poorly written - "Teaser" headlines are a waste of time; many border on ****.

The "Sponsored" articles are poorly written;
    ; "Teaser" headlines are a waste of time; many border on ****

54th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. GIF's are completely one sided.

How do I upload a GIF? Type Trump in the GIF search and there is an endless amount of negative Trump GIF's. Type Obama, Pelosi or Schumer and there is an endless amount of positive and glowing GIFs. Is this what Yahoo consider impartial? This needs to be corrected or removed.

60th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. DO NOT PROMOTE GUN DEBATES ON WHICH GUN IS BETTER. NO MORE GUN NEWS IN THE SPORTS OR OTHER SECTIONS. STOP IT. SHAME SHAME SHAME!

NO MORE STORIES ON YAHOO ASKING FOR GUN DEBATE AS TO WHICH GUN IS BETTER. NO MORE GUN STORIES ABOUT GOOD GUNS. IT'S THE SAME AS A FREE AD FOR THE MANUFACTURER. NO MORE GUN BRAND PROMOTIONS. THIS IS POOR JUDGEMENT AND AFFECTS OUR SAFETY. SHAME ON YAHOO. SHAME, SHAME, SHAME!

58th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. cant access "my comments". "My comments" does not work anymore

"My comments" in yahoo news does not work anymore. Others have same problem. Yahoo needs to fix . Problem independent of browser or IP address.

46th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. so much garbage!!!!

STOP PRINTING SO MUCH GARBAGE!!!!

80th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. prefer to read content and do not need the video all the time

I actually prefer to read content and do not need the video all the time, give viewers the choice. It blows my mind, Yahoo has a good product.

66th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. How about allowing us to respond to comments in our My Comments sections?

When going to My Comments, you can see all your comments you've made. Sometimes there are new responses that ask a question or that you would like to respond to. But, finding that comment again within the comments section of the original story, particularly if it's been more than an hour or so, is near impossible. It would be nice to be able to see and respond to new posts from the comments section, or be able to zoom to your comment within the original story and then allow you to respond there.

66th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Yahoo's homepage is not Fake News but it is absouletly Garbage News. What a waste!

Yahoo's homepage is not Fake News but it is absolutely Garbage News. What a waste! Is this the best you can come up with?

77th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 99th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Remove the National Review as a news source.

Remove the National Review as a news source. It's biased.

66th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. improve yahoo news? get rid of Bai and Isikoff two liberal hacks from Obama era

or just shutdown yahoo news, but keep yahoo finance. Keep Stephanie Sy, I still remember her holding back tears in 2016. Although she is another liberal reporter, I think she is more genuine than hacks and has-beens at HuffPo and yahoo news

80th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 91st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. put posting dates and times on all of the stories!

put posting dates and times on all of the stories!

84th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. You used to have a section called odd news that was fun to read

Bring back odd news. I'm tired of reading opinionated bias news

66th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Stop putting Game of Thrones Spoilers on the Yahoo Home Page

Stop posting Game of Thrones spoilers on the home page.

106th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Stop having the main page ask me if I want Yahoo! to be my homepage when IT ALREADY IS MY HOMEPAGE!!!

Stop having the main page ask me if I want Yahoo! to be my homepage when IT ALREADY IS MY HOMEPAGE!!!

106th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Bug or Error  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base