How can we improve Yahoo News?

STOP AUTO PLAY ON VIDEOS!!!

I'm sick and tired of opening a story and obnoxious audio starts playing from a story several stories down from what I want to read!!!!! STOP AUTO PLAY. If I want to hear a story I'll click play. About to stop visiting Yahoo forever. I can find lame stupid stories elsewhere.

27th ranked
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Mark Claxton shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

13 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Between all the ads, auto playing videos and videos on stories that don't even have anything to do with the story, you have hands down become a big steaming pile of YaPoo

• John commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I couldn't agree more. Stop this auto play nonsense. Once Verizon purchased Yahoo and Marissa Mayer was given the boot, I expected Yahoo's homepage experience to get better. Au contraire. It got WORSE !!!

• Kevin Walsh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

1. It disturbs the peace of other members of my household who don't need to hear it.

2. It distracts me from reading the text.

3. Even if I pause it, it sometimes pops right back up and starts playing when I scroll down to keep reading.

• Neil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with what the others are saying here. When I click on a story I want to read that story only. If I want to read another story, I will click on that link in the main page. Also, at times I have had 2, 3 or more videos playing simultaneously, and I can't find them at all, or it's the 6th article down on the page. Please stop auto playing those videos. If I want to play a video, I"ll click on it and play it myself. I just want to read the story. Leave it at that. Keep it Simple and don't autoplay videos.

Yahoo has become the laughingstock of web pages. Between this annoying "feature" and their constant stories about the Kartrashians, Yahoo has become the Weekly World News of the internet.

Your news feeds are strung together and the audio from your Kim Kardashian story starts playing immediately while I'm trying to read or listen to another story that i originally clicked on. It is blaring over the top of the other stories and I have to search for the source and pause it so i can return to the story I want. Absolutely useless audio for no reason.

• Jennifer Ward commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have for decades had Yahoo Mail and read news through Yahoo. Last week, when I click on any news story, there is blasting music or and ad that I cannot find the window for to turn off. I can no longer read your news stories because of it. Please help.

• Rob Lehne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Do not auto-play videos. Recently, clicking on a news stories loads a page of many stories, one after the other. And among those stories are two or three videos that start playing simultaneously after the page loads. I have to turn off my speakers while I search for the videos that are playing. Most are not real videos, but pictures with words and music, which makes it hard to spot. This has made yahoo unuseable, and I will be changing my homepage if you do not correct this. If turning off auto-play is against your religion, or you have some secret contract with providers to make people burn up their allotted data, then at least make mute the default option.

• Julie Becker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please stop playing music when a news article opens up. It's distracting, so I just close the article and go to Google. I prefer the look of Yahoo, but can't tolerate the onslaught of audio.

Feedback and Knowledge Base