US Yahoo News

Welcome to our Yahoo News feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the Yahoo News experience and to contact our editorial team. We review the feedback from this forum to make positive changes to Yahoo News.

To contact the Yahoo News editorial team to report issues or corrections, please email corrections@yahoonews.com.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please find answers on our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I want to customize the stories on my news feed! I am REALLY sick of getting stories about murder, animal abuse, genocide, etc. ENOUGH

I don't want to get depressed or outraged every time I check the news feed-- 90% of the stories I get are gruesome, and if I had young ones around while scanning my news- they'd be traumatized. Some of them traumatized me, and I am an adult!

14th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  56 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Yahoo news article comment box "POST" icon precariously placed next to the down arrow

The "POST" (COMMENT) icon at the end of all of the Yahoo news articles, is extremely close to the down icon where you can scroll up and down as you write and edit your comment before posting. If I don't hover my little mouse arrow all the way to the extreme right side of the down arrow it will post my comment before i'm ready. Basically it is extremely hard and precarious to try to even use the up and down icons, most especially the down icon arrow if I want to scroll up and then back DOWN again while…

345th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. help for coronavirus situation

Can you publish this material?
    Today, Mar 23 2020, I had a phone conference with the congressman Rick Larson about coronaviruses and look what happened.
    I regret not allowing me to talk on the conference call today. I registered to ask a question and I got a conformation message but finally I was not invited to talk. I understand that people shall not know that is a cure and prevention for diseases. That is to enhance immune system to prevent and cure diseases. The book provides enough concepts to find the way to enhance immune system.
    Here is my prepared…

345th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 264th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Show times and dates on videos

When I am reading an article, there are often videos attached which autoplay. Some of them seem to be out of date. It would be very helpful if you showed the original date and time of videos that you play. It would be even more helpful if I were able to opt out of videos greater than X hours or X days old. Thanks for considering this suggestion!

345th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. How about making the comments and responses section available...

Every other news or feature site has a comments and response section available to readers at the end of the article...can't seem to access one on Yahoo News...

345th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Re corona virus

Ask Dr. Gupta if sewers and quilters across the country could all donate hand made masks made from their fabric collections. We are stuck at home and have lots of scraps. They would be disposable. Instead of Rosie the Riveter, we would have Suzie the Sewer. We would just need a free downloadable pattern or set of instructions. I also contacted MSNBC about this and a local hospital. No response yet.

345th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 345th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Provide a facility to protect, lock Important Folders by OTP method (One Time Password).

Suggestions:
    Provide a facility to protect, lock Important Folders by OTP method (One Time Password).
    i.e You can lock the important folders & then it can be Unlocked only when you give OTP (One Time Password) which is send on our registered Mobile Number.
    As usually Important folders contain important, sensitive emails, files attachments like from - Banks, Insurance Company, Payment Wallets, Income Tax, Sharemarket, Medical Report, Travel Tickets, Hotel Booking, Electricity Bills, Telephone Bills, Company Data, R&D Data,....................etc, many things.
    By this above method even if your Yahoo Email Account get hacked, the hacker won’t be able to access…

345th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Stop Playing Videos of Yahoo News, Entertainment etc........When our Spam, Trash,inbox Folder etc folder is empty.

Stop Playing Videos of Yahoo News, Entertainment etc........When our Spam, Trash,inbox Folder etc folder is empty. As videos consume too much Internet Data, take you to news, then we keep on viewing these videos one after other & our work gets disturbs, etc...timepass

345th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 12th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Coronavirus RSS Feed

Can you get the Engineering team to add an RSS feed URL to the Coronavirus topic on Yahoo News?

example: https://news.yahoo.com/rss/coronavirus

Also add it as a topic to the Yahoo News app on iOS/Android with Alerts/Notifications.

345th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. POST NEWS WITHOUT your OWN emotions of motivations involved!!!!

Try posting "Just the news". NO Political spin. NONE. We all get it, you HATE TRUMP... BUT MOVE THE H*** on already!!!!!!!!

15th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  10 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Guide To Survival Of The Coronavirus In America

PRESS RELEASE
    For Immediate Release

#

On March 1, 2020, Tomthunkit released his new book: "Guide To Survival Of The Coronavirus In America." Foreseeing the impending doom and destruction, Tomthunkit wrote this book to save lives and prevent mass hysteria along with widespread panic. This book is a comprehensive guide based on curated scientific information transformed into easily digestible brain food for general public consumption. This book dispels myths, fallacies, and propaganda about the novel coronavirus COVID19. It's full of truths supported by science, math, and historical data from reports about the virus.

This book includes a list of antivirus…

345th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. You have a 'Coronovirus' section all to itself. So why are you posting dozens of articles in the SCIENCE section? And why no science stuff

Why is all the coronovirus stuff being posted in the Science section, and no science articles about technology, space, aviation, archeology, etc., etc.?? You have a section called 'Coronovirus'. Why not post articles about the coronovirus in the Coronovirus section??

345th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 220th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Yahoo News Videos Don't Match their Headline or Story

Attach the video associated with a story you post or don't attach a video at all. Nearly all of the videos associated with news stories on My Yahoo have nothing to do with the headline and story of their respective news piece.

189th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. News Articles

I do not like the limited PDF info that usually shows up when I click on a news article. I want to read the entire article, not just a headline and paragraph. It cheapens the news.

please return to the format to include the entire article. No more editing.

345th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 345th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 345th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base