US Yahoo News

Welcome to our Yahoo News feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the Yahoo News experience and to contact our editorial team. We review the feedback from this forum to make positive changes to Yahoo News.

To contact the Yahoo News editorial team to report issues or corrections, please email corrections@yahoonews.com.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please find answers on our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Breaking news?

Stop bugging me to make yahoo my homepage. I only come to your ****** site to get to my email account. You NEVER have "breaking news." So, stop claiming that. You are consistently behind nearly every site on the internet. Here's one example. ‘Very telling’ that Trump didn’t know his own anti-ISIS point man, former official says. This story is ALL OVER the internet. Not a word about it on yahoo. I'm sure you'll have it sometime after the holidays though.

165th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. This is horrble. I could not even looks at the news. Everytimes I click the news headline. There are two or more videos playing sametime.

I can not watch the two video playing same time. It has been for awhile. I could not even watch it. I may have to change the Google default news page. I have been using yahoo for long long time. I can not do that now with 2 video playing same times.
    Thanks.

51st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. stop blocking voting on this platform

Im noticing that any post on here the is negative about you has the comments disabled. Truth scares you greatly doesn't it?

143rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Try balance in your editorial and topic selection. Looking down the list of 5 "popular in the community list, 3 are about Trump, either bei

Try balance in your editorial and topic selection. Looking down the list of 5 "popular in the community list", 3 are about Trump (either being indicted, or shake-ups in the staff), a fourth is an SNL parody about if Trump was black, and the fifth is about Republican ruining the American Democracy. See a pattern here?

165th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 143rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Improve news writing, please

I have become increasingly disappointed in the quality of newswriting @yahoo news. In the middle of hard news stories we are learning about what designer clothing someone is wearing. Clichés, slang, urban dictionary words, and opinions are sprinkled through nearly everything you publish. A cutline with one of the Hon. Brett Kavanagh hearing photos caused me to write to you today. It reads: " Too bad for Kavanaugh that these Senate-branded ultra minikegs we're not filled with beer." I have no words for that professional judgement black hole.

143rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. More neutral articles (like a Reuters), global articles, and less echo chambers based on searches or articles clicked on.

I am concerned that the Yahoo format is reinforcing biases of those reading the news instead of providing neutral and consistent information to its users. I believe that this way of relaying the news is causing further divisiveness because users are receiving inconsistent information from other, causing their positions to be in conflict. There are news sources like Reuters that provide information about what is happening in the world in a neutral way without enforcing biases, which may be a more productive model for Yahoo News.

71st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Ask users before giving users your New version which I find new version to be terrible

I did not want new version and should have been asked which I was and I denied new version and yahoo gave it to me anyways. Most I found do not like the new format

165th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Where is the news

There is a big fire on the west coast - where some of my family resides and there is not one story on it, just someone's opinion on something that really does not matter!!! Where is the real news???

165th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Re Vatican and ****** abuse of children

Investigate the rate of incest in families and close friends. The issue would have never come out it if hadn't been for Catholic survivors insisting for decades. NCReporter reported regularly since 1985. Also investigate why the APA (psychiatrists) are still refusing after 30 years to recognize trauma in childhood (Developmental Trauma) For many years they were saying childhood memories of *** with adults were a fantasy --and that the children wanted it. They still have not acknowledged their error despite thousands of survivors speaking up of their lifelong distress.

189th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 165th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Pop ups

Please to many pop ups. Your blowing our computers up. Enough is enough.....thinks about it.

99th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Customize the bar that shows news categories

Why is "Matt Bai" listed as a category of news yet "Science" is listed under "Other"? Despite his inflated sense of self importance, very few people care about his opinion and SCIENCE is far more important. Please allow us to CUSTOMIZE the categories we see or better yet, customize the whole page so we dont have to see articles that fall into categories we dont CARE about!

143rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Please allow opt out for "Download Newsroom App" pages.

When returning to a discussion I quite often get a page telling me to "Download the newsroom app and join the discussion". No matter what I do, I cannot return to my previous discussion because this page keeps coming up. Effectively, I am locked out of ever returning to that discussion unless download the app, which I DO NOT WANT.

Frankly, it's starting to **** me off.

You need to give people the ability to opt out of downloading the app and returning to the discussion via their browser.

124th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Could you update daily? Sick of gossip.

Sick of days old sometimes weeks old news and HATE "SPONSORED" and hollywood gossip...just looking for FACTAUL news!

189th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. i haye your new idea of havinf someones comment block the article how can i disable this cutesy feature i want to read comment AFTER an art

i hate your new idea of having a comment block the article. How can i disable this cutesy feature?? I want to read comments AFTER an article not blocked by

165th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Customize feeds

Let us be able to customize our feeds again, let us be able to block people and topics we feel inappropriate for us so we don't have to see all types of rude, negative, closeminded and blatantly racist comments on a post

189th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. How about Yahoo actually enforce their terms of service?

There are set rules that Yahoo has defined that all users agree to follow in exchange for using the Yahoo services. Sadly, abuse of those rules is rampant. No matter how many times a violation is reported, nothing is EVER done about it.

So either enforce the rules, or just toss them into the bit bucket.

99th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Let me buy a subscription to YAHOO News that will let me read news article links without adblock restrictions(!) What an incredible idea.

Let me buy a subscription to YAHOO News that will let me read news article links without adblock restrictions(!) What an incredible idea.

124th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Quit having me click twice or more!

When I click an article to read, I don't want to have to click another link to 'read more'. Why do you think I clicked the link in the first place, to hopefully have to click more links? I immediately leave the page and never look back. Same with a full page ad, I just close the browser window and move on. If you want readers to stay on your site maybe you could make it easier without the annoyance of redundant clicking.

5th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  104 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base