US Yahoo News

Welcome to our Yahoo News feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the Yahoo News experience and to contact our editorial team. We review the feedback from this forum to make positive changes to Yahoo News.

To contact the Yahoo News editorial team to report issues or corrections, please email corrections@yahoonews.com.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please find answers on our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we improve Yahoo News?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. enough with SHOCKING NEWS ON GMA SET type ads

I'm sick of the KELLY RIPA shocks fans, etc. type ads especially the ones her sporting a black eye. I click offensive to me on ad feedback and the NEXT day they are back again.

93rd ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please allow opt out for "Download Newsroom App" pages.

When returning to a discussion I quite often get a page telling me to "Download the newsroom app and join the discussion". No matter what I do, I cannot return to my previous discussion because this page keeps coming up. Effectively, I am locked out of ever returning to that discussion unless download the app, which I DO NOT WANT.

Frankly, it's starting to **** me off.

You need to give people the ability to opt out of downloading the app and returning to the discussion via their browser.

112th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Ask users before giving users your New version which I find new version to be terrible

I did not want new version and should have been asked which I was and I denied new version and yahoo gave it to me anyways. Most I found do not like the new format

160th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Put a dedicated Yahoo! News search box on the Yahoo! News home page instead of,or along with,the normal Yahoo! search box.

As title suggest. Implement a dedicated Yahoo! News search box at Yahoo! News home page.

142nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 160th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. i haye your new idea of havinf someones comment block the article how can i disable this cutesy feature i want to read comment AFTER an art

i hate your new idea of having a comment block the article. How can i disable this cutesy feature?? I want to read comments AFTER an article not blocked by

142nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I am unable to comment in the news section , keeps telling me to sign in . but I click mail I am signed in .

Why cant I comment in the news section anymore? Keeps telling me to sign in but when I do nothing changes , but I have no problem with getting my mail. I feel like since I support the President yall have blocked me in some way. It is very clear to me That the dislike for our president that comes from some stories. But why cant I comment anymore???

181st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Haiti right now.

Real issue going on right now for people to know about is at Port Au'Prince, Haiti. Are you going to report on what's happening!?

181st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Improve news writing, please

I have become increasingly disappointed in the quality of newswriting @yahoo news. In the middle of hard news stories we are learning about what designer clothing someone is wearing. Clichés, slang, urban dictionary words, and opinions are sprinkled through nearly everything you publish. A cutline with one of the Hon. Brett Kavanagh hearing photos caused me to write to you today. It reads: " Too bad for Kavanaugh that these Senate-branded ultra minikegs we're not filled with beer." I have no words for that professional judgement black hole.

160th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Re Vatican and ****** abuse of children

Investigate the rate of incest in families and close friends. The issue would have never come out it if hadn't been for Catholic survivors insisting for decades. NCReporter reported regularly since 1985. Also investigate why the APA (psychiatrists) are still refusing after 30 years to recognize trauma in childhood (Developmental Trauma) For many years they were saying childhood memories of *** with adults were a fantasy --and that the children wanted it. They still have not acknowledged their error despite thousands of survivors speaking up of their lifelong distress.

181st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Dear Yahoo, You have been my homepage on my browser for some years now, and its been great until NOW.

Dear Sir/Madam,

I have had My Yahoo as my homepage in my browser for some years now. It has been great till now. Almost every article I wish to read (yahoo view) is now a video, and because I live outside the country (Jamaica) the content is blocked. You need to realize you have a worldwide audience as well. If this does not improve/change I will be moving on to a page that suits my needs.

Anthony Ziadie

181st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Language Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Truth revealed!

Allow people to post and engage in open and honest debate, instead of blocking posts...it is extremely obvious that your news is one-sided liberalism. Very disappointing.

160th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Language Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. How about Yahoo actually enforce their terms of service?

There are set rules that Yahoo has defined that all users agree to follow in exchange for using the Yahoo services. Sadly, abuse of those rules is rampant. No matter how many times a violation is reported, nothing is EVER done about it.

So either enforce the rules, or just toss them into the bit bucket.

83rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Make articles match the tab.

Why are non-science articles shown in the science section? why even have tabs if you are going to throw everything onto the pages?

112th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Bug or Error  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Stop posting nothing but negative stories about pittbulls. It's the owners

STOP with all the negative stories about pittbulls. It is the owners, not the dogs that are the problem. If you own a breed know for aggression(pitts are NOT the only ones) you have to be more responsible, especially in public. People put the dogs in those situations where attacks happened. The dogs did not choose it themselves. STOP helping to give the breed a bad name. Admonish the owners for a change.

122nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Let me buy a subscription to YAHOO News that will let me read news article links without adblock restrictions(!) What an incredible idea.

Let me buy a subscription to YAHOO News that will let me read news article links without adblock restrictions(!) What an incredible idea.

112th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Quit having me click twice or more!

When I click an article to read, I don't want to have to click another link to 'read more'. Why do you think I clicked the link in the first place, to hopefully have to click more links? I immediately leave the page and never look back. Same with a full page ad, I just close the browser window and move on. If you want readers to stay on your site maybe you could make it easier without the annoyance of redundant clicking.

5th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  100 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Yahoo News leaning left

Under current Yahoo leadership I have witnessed a distinct tilt to the left in reporting, story selection. It is imperative that your news pages reflect a unbiased and balanced reportage. At the moment they do not! You have strayed from the tenets of journalism in favor of endorsing a left leaning ideology. As a long time Yahoo fan I am disappointed. You have taken sides and are now alienating over one half of the US population. Big mistake.

1st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  340 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. I want to READ articles, NOT WATCH videos

I click on articles to READ them NOT WATCH them. I am sick of clicking on a text headline online to be taken to a video. If you offer it in video, offer it in text too!! If I click on a headline and it takes me to a video I immediately close it.

6th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  26 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Sponsored "articles" are ruining my Yahoo experience.

I have been a faithful Yahoo user since the 90s. One used to be able to find the account date in account information, but that seems to have moved, I know my account dates back to at least 1998 and I have been on Yahoo daily since that time.

I used to spend time browsing headlines and clicking through to read many articles from your home page. However since the inception of sponsored content, I avoid the Yahoo home page.

I understand the need to generate profit but when every other "article" listed on the home page is in fact…

4th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  39 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base