US Yahoo News

Welcome to our Yahoo News feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the Yahoo News experience and to contact our editorial team. We review the feedback from this forum to make positive changes to Yahoo News.

To contact the Yahoo News editorial team to report issues or corrections, please email corrections@yahoonews.com.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please find answers on our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we improve Yahoo News?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Stop Animal Cruelty stories

Please STOP with these horrible animal cruelty stories on your front page each day!!!! I literally get sick seeing "Dog dragged behind van" and "Dog's mouth taped shut." Let the cops and local authorities handle these things. You are giving animal abusers ideas and attention.
    Please stop!

30th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  15 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Stop autoplaying videos on the Yahoo News home page

I see a lot of complaints about videos autoplaying when news articles are opened. That's annoying because it is unnessarily chewing up bandwidth. Recently when I first go to the Yahoo news home page, a video autoplays on the upper right side of the screen. I find this *extremely* annoying. I've used Yahoo News as my primary online news source for at least 12 years and now I think I need to look at less intrusive alternatives.

2nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  155 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Stop embedding sponsored links to look like real news.

Yahoo used to have a well organized news section. Now it's a joke.

8th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. too many unwanted adds

adds, adds and more adds.. Really!

7th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Let people pick their sources

You have a problem when give people the choice of what SUBJECT they do and don't wanna hear, but you don't let them pick and choose their SOURCES. I occasionally get get "news" from "news"max, a hyper partisan, absurdly right wing propaganda outlet that doesn't actually report on anything aside from fake news that riles up conservatives, and it's nothing I want anywhere near my feed. You should let people choose whether or not they want any certain non-yahoo, Reuters, or AP article on their feed. I understand, yahoo wants people to read yahoo articles, and Reuters and Associated Press…

36th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow us to block content by the content provider. I don't want to see FOX News or MSNBC in my news feed.

Right now when you try to "see fewer like this" in your news feed, you only get the option to remove content about subjects. I don't mind seeing an article about a particular entertainer, athlete, or even politician. What I do mind is biased editorials masquerading as news from outlets like the NY Post, FOX News, MSNBC, etc. I want to block the content from them entirely. Make this possible.

21st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  31 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. prefer to read content and do not need the video all the time

I actually prefer to read content and do not need the video all the time, give viewers the choice. It blows my mind, Yahoo has a good product.

67th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Start putting real news in the news section.

Most articles are from liberal blogs like Daily Best, Atlantic Wire, AFP, NCC and etc. It's long past the point where I'll click on an article because it's on a subject that's interesting to me - you get too much garbage that way. It's gotten to the point where I can't find anything to read from a source that won't just print lies to push their ideology.

9th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Remove Daily Beast articles from the news section.

Today's headline from the Daily Beast was "Paul Ryan: Still a Total Jerk". How can you possibly justify calling that news? Put NEWS in the news feed. I go there for news, not for hate rants.

13th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  13 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Fake, Biased News Sources

More and more I am reading inflammatory articles written by suspect news sources about the President and Democratic figures. Though Yahoo has been my homepage since at least 1995, I am about to rip Yahoo from my daily usage. I cannot subscribe to such drivel, falsehood, and political propaganda. Yahoo is quickly turning into Fox News.

37th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. You need to re-add an option to block certain "news" organizations from appearing in the news feed. Right now, all you can block is the subj

You need to re-add an option to block certain "news" organizations from appearing in the news feed. Right now, all you can block is the subject matter.. this is the second post I've suggested this..

26th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  9 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Post Negative Character for both Christine Blasey Ford as you do brett Kavanaugh. Post bad of Character known of C.B.F

Post that Christine Blasey Ford admits she had 26 *** partners before 20 years old. Plus her College Character of drinking & ***!. That she is associate to Concept Ther, abortion pill Pharma!, that will lose Millions $ if Kavanaugh elected to Supreme Court! All this ***** is Political. Post this News.

71st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Look at https://www.yahoo.com/news/science/ . Notice how many stories there are not science stories? Why not just drop the science page?

Why not just drop the pretense of having a science page since there is no effort and no intent to actually create a science page?

112th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Can't post replies in Comments section

I can post a comment in the Comment just fine. I just can't post a Reply to something I already commented on. Basically, I am only allowed 1 Comment or Reply per Comment chain.

If I post a comment in the Comment section, I cannot post any replies to that comment. Instead, I get an error message: "An error has occurred. Please try again later."

If I reply to someone else's comment, I cannot post anymore replies in that chain, & get the same error message.

At 1st I thought Yahoo did this intentionally as a way to prevent huge…

105th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Bug or Error  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Fix your comments section on the news page, the thing freezes up all the time.

Fix your comments section on the news page, the thing freezes up all the time.

160th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. News where it belongs

Put the news in the proper category, sports in sports, celebs and entertainment in entertainment and so on. I am not a sports or celebrity fan. Your current format just crams the site with garbage i am not interested in. If i want certain news i will look for it.

122nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Just so you now, I have decided to quit trying to read any of your daily news articles because of the popup ads you force us to read.

Quit with the pop up ads while I'm trying to read the articles. I'm at the point where I will move on to other news outlets.

143rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 160th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 122nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Stop the "double click ****!!!"

When I click on an article I expect it to go to an article..if it goes to a "click to read more"...you have become nothing more than a spammer

122nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base