US Yahoo News

Welcome to our Yahoo News feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the Yahoo News experience and to contact our editorial team. We review the feedback from this forum to make positive changes to Yahoo News.

To contact the Yahoo News editorial team to report issues or corrections, please email corrections@yahoonews.com.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please find answers on our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Give us more options

on the feed to delete delete we dont want to see (eg spam button, Keep celebrity but not show KUWTK) I dont want to see Basket ball or golf but i do want to see nascar, hocky and football. Give us a better way to control it

281st ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. stop playing the who's married game? you never show the couple mentioned so I stopped and just google who it is

I get sick and tired with your bait and switch where you mention a couple who is married but you never show that couple but tons of other ones. I finally gave up and googled the persons you baited me into seeing. Also, the same with weight loss bait and switch you never show the person so I just google it. Finally you all must be democrats because the bait and switch is a lie

355th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I like the new web site template.

I like the new web site template better, mostly because there's less junk news and less disguised advertising. It also scrolls much faster, without as much imbedded video. Thanks for the changes.

355th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. It is december 7th. not one single article about pearl harbor. A

Not one word about pearl harbor. Yahoo you _____________!

44th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Bring Back the "MY COMMENTS" link in conversations!

Bring Back the "MY COMMENTS" link in Conversation.

237th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 26th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,
    Thank you for the feedback, if you can provide more information including links to outdated articles that will help us investigate this issue.

Regards,
    News Support

7. Go back to the old format for news--- or give us a choice

don't like the in-your-face graphics that are sensationalized and annoying

81st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. News Graphics

Why did you change the graphic layout of Yahoo News? This new layout is even worse than the old one. I find it very confusing,- to the point that it actually makes me want to look for another news source.

355th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Use Correct Categorization in News Feed!

Why is it, when I'm using the news.yahoo.com portal, and I click on the "US" link at the top, that I STILL get foreign news, outnumbering the links of actual US news (not the ads, not the not-news)? Are your automatic filters broken? I don't have this type of problem with the BBC or CNN or Fox News portals, why just you?

207th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Bug or Error  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Stop the news page from resetting itself when pausing auto-start videos!

Do us all a huge favor and PLEASE address the issue of the news page resetting itself every time we stop an auto-play video from starting on the news articles? We see an interesting article and of course the video auto-starts whether we want it to or not, and as soon as we stop the video the page instantly resets to the top of the news page. We then have to scroll back down and find the article again.
    It keeps happening and is INCREDIBLY ANNOYING. Thank you.

281st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Bug or Error  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. In the story "Alaska Man Arrested After Memory Card..."

In this story, this sentence appears: "Police said they were given the memory card after it was a women apparently found it discarded on a street."

I really cannot understand how your writer and editorial staff could let this get by. I have noticed a huge uptick in the number of gross errors made in your news stories. If you wish to keep your loyal readers and subscribers, this needs to stop. If you need help proofreading articles before they go live, I would be happy to help!

281st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Typo or Other Mistake  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Make it easier to report TOS violations in comments (e.g. ****** harassment)

Under "Report Abuse" in the comment section, add a button for TOS violations; I have someone who "stalks" my posts and uses obscene insults. I repeatedly report him under the "OTHER" and type in TOS violation - ****** harassment", but his posts are never removed nor is his posting privilege suspended.

355th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Stop putting Game of Thrones Spoilers on the Yahoo Home Page

Stop posting Game of Thrones spoilers on the home page.

133rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 355th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Post real news. This is a gossip rag.

Post real news. This is a gossip rag.

24th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Stop having the main page ask me if I want Yahoo! to be my homepage when IT ALREADY IS MY HOMEPAGE!!!

Stop having the main page ask me if I want Yahoo! to be my homepage when IT ALREADY IS MY HOMEPAGE!!!

133rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Bug or Error  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. What does the "Vote" button mean in these threads? Anyone know?

The "Vote" button does not give you a chance to vote up or down/like or dislike an idea. So what use is this ridiculous "Vote" button?
    I think I'll "vote" for each and every idea presented!

207th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Try to share less divisive news articles. Also it almost seems as if you are not on Americas side.

Try to share articles that defend America and support it and not other countries. Beginning to think you all work for China, Mexico, and Europe.

174th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 33rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Recognize anniversary of President Kennedy's assassination

A major historical event event happend 56 years ago today that changed a nation and a generation: the assassination of President Kennedy. Ask anyone who is from that era and they can describe exactly where they were and what they were doing when they heard that news.

355th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base