US Yahoo News

Welcome to Yahoo News feedback forum.

Your voice is important to us. This is a place for you to help shape the Yahoo News experience. Our team reviews the feedback from this forum to make positive changes to Yahoo News.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:
  • Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  • This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please find answers on our help site.
  • For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  • Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please add the change country/location feature again.

Previously I could change yahoo uk to yahoo usa to read the different news, now this option has been removed, or has been severely altered. Please return the options for the different yahoo countries in the web page.

603rd ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Bug or Error  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make it easier to report TOS violations in comments (e.g. ****** harassment)

Under "Report Abuse" in the comment section, add a button for TOS violations; I have someone who "stalks" my posts and uses obscene insults. I repeatedly report him under the "OTHER" and type in TOS violation - ****** harassment", but his posts are never removed nor is his posting privilege suspended.

443rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I want to customize the stories on my news feed! I am REALLY sick of getting stories about murder, animal abuse, genocide, etc. ENOUGH

I don't want to get depressed or outraged every time I check the news feed-- 90% of the stories I get are gruesome, and if I had young ones around while scanning my news- they'd be traumatized. Some of them traumatized me, and I am an adult!

14th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  61 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. I'd like for there to be a way to go anonymous in the comments sections.

Also, I'd like for Yahoo News to combat the shills and Russian trolls who invade the comments sections. They're highly abusive.

443rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 373rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. news

Hello The National Law Review is a Yahoo News Partner but the National Law Review's News posts do not seem to be showing up in Yahoo News https://www.natlawreview.com https://www.natlawreview.com/recent-contributions/feed

443rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Delete multiple comments at once, Rather than 1 at a time

Allow a user's comments to be displayed in large numbers so they can be selected in groups or en masse (like with Yahoo's e-mail folders) and deleted.

443rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. This is not how to improve the news, but to inform the public about what ALL PEOPLE OF THE WORLD, INCLUDING POLITICIANS & WORLD LEADERS HAVE

Has anyone thought of the consequences to the world, if we do not find a cure or vaccine for the corona virus, that this disease may be used in the future for Germ Warfare? There are many theories as to how this disease was born, or created. Many people believe it is for DE-population, as well as many other theories. If anything, I believe it will populate the world if being isolated with spouses for long periods of time. (lol). In all seriousness, we have to be prepared that this disease, & or any other disease that can be created,…

603rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 603rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 12th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  8 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Stop posting non-applicable Videos and commercials

I am not liking that the videos that are now launching within an article have absolutely nothing to do with the article itself other than it might have the featured person in it. IT IS A WASTE OF MY TIME.!!!

ALSO, I have not been liking the commercials that launch immediately when opening an article. You should know I didn't look AT EVEN ONE!! that's great for your advertising, let your sponsors know that nobody is watching.

151st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 443rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 443rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Show times and dates on videos

When I am reading an article, there are often videos attached which autoplay. Some of them seem to be out of date. It would be very helpful if you showed the original date and time of videos that you play. It would be even more helpful if I were able to opt out of videos greater than X hours or X days old. Thanks for considering this suggestion!

603rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. POST NEWS WITHOUT your OWN emotions of motivations involved!!!!

Try posting "Just the news". NO Political spin. NONE. We all get it, you HATE TRUMP... BUT MOVE THE H*** on already!!!!!!!!

15th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  12 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. We should have the option to choose what news agency to read.

We should have free options to choose what news agency to read.

443rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Do Not show prejudice. The headline 'trump attorneys ambushed...' The attorneys were ill prepared! No one attacked!

The reader is being mislead by your headline. The administration and their supporters have been 'SELLING' their plan to have a quick trial. So, why were the attorneys not prepared!

443rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 603rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Go back to the original format and stop the video window from opening after I close it!!!

Go back to the original format and stop the video window from opening after I close it!!!

603rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Look up the definitions of "NEWS". and apply it to your page.

The term "NEWS" is widely defined as recent, up-to-date (new), and of generally relevant to most people. Most of your postings don't qualify. Many are days old, out-of-date information (and close to the top of the lists). WAY too many 'stories' from highly-biased sources (i.e. Huffpost). WWAAAYYYY too many "sponsored" posts, disguised as stories. And NOBODY cares about the Kardashians!!!!!

22nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  13 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base