US Yahoo News

HOW CAN WE HELP YOU?
Hello and welcome to Yahoo News feedback forum and information center.

Your voice is important to us. This is a place for you to help shape the Yahoo News experience. Read below to learn more about our company, our editorial team and how to contact us. Our teams review the feedback from this forum to make positive changes to Yahoo News.

OUR COMPANY
Yahoo News is operated by Verizon Media, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Verizon. Yahoo, Yahoo News and all Verizon Media brands are part of the Verizon family of companies.

OUR TEAM
  • Alex Wallace: Head of Media and Content for Verizon Media
  • Lori Bongiorno: General Manager for Yahoo News, Entertainment, Life and MAKERS
  • Daniel Klaidman: Editor in Chief
  • Lauren Johnston: Head of Programming
  • Colin Campbell: Managing Editor
CONTACT US
To contact the Yahoo News editorial team to report issues or corrections, please email corrections@yahoonews.com.

SHARE FEEDBACK

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:
  • Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  • This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please find answers on our help site.
  • For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  • Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.
The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please allow opt out for "Download Newsroom App" pages.

When returning to a discussion I quite often get a page telling me to "Download the newsroom app and join the discussion". No matter what I do, I cannot return to my previous discussion because this page keeps coming up. Effectively, I am locked out of ever returning to that discussion unless download the app, which I DO NOT WANT.

Frankly, it's starting to **** me off.

You need to give people the ability to opt out of downloading the app and returning to the discussion via their browser.

233rd ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 264th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. This is horrble. I could not even looks at the news. Everytimes I click the news headline. There are two or more videos playing sametime.

I can not watch the two video playing same time. It has been for awhile. I could not even watch it. I may have to change the Google default news page. I have been using yahoo for long long time. I can not do that now with 2 video playing same times.
    Thanks.

112th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Colored text in videos

From your home page, I see news videos in a small window in the lower right corner. Your editors have applied the description "MUST WATCH" to these videos. I am colorblind, and it appears that the text appears in two or more colors. The colors make it hard for me to read the text. It would be better if you would just stick to one color. White is the color that works best for me.

966th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Stop redirecting to Yahoo News App page when trying to look at previous posts. We can't access the replies when you do that.

When trying to go to previous posts, instead of going to the post, I get redirected to a page about the Yahoo App. I have the Yahoo News app and still can't access the previous posts there. I'd rather be able to access it from my PC. But, we should be able to access it from both. Especially if you're going to continue to redirect us to the App download page whenever we click on a previous post. It's extremely frustrating!

508th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 966th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. There should be a Bruce Ohr story. By omission you are not beig fair. Trump is right, you are biased.

There should be a Bruce Ohr story. By omission you are not beig fair. Trump is right, you are biased.

199th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. The "Sponsored" articles are poorly written - "Teaser" headlines are a waste of time; many border on ****.

The "Sponsored" articles are poorly written;
    ; "Teaser" headlines are a waste of time; many border on ****

118th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Have a strictly real news homepage.

Have a strictly real news homepage for those of us who really want real news and not all that fake news, sponsored news, celebrity/Kardashian ****.

24th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Yahoo News Exclusive links to Matt Bai and Michael Isikoff need to change.

These links are so stale and offer nothing of interest to warrant clicking on them again.

635th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 233rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Cover Trumps legal problems. We deserve the truth not fake news.

Start covering Trumps legal situation and ties to Russia. Don't hide behind republican denials.

168th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 508th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. i haye your new idea of havinf someones comment block the article how can i disable this cutesy feature i want to read comment AFTER an art

i hate your new idea of having a comment block the article. How can i disable this cutesy feature?? I want to read comments AFTER an article not blocked by

312th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Serious question about the yahoo news now page?

Serious question: When is the Yahoo News Now page going to have it's comment section re-coded? It's a total mess and needs to be cleared of all comments!

413th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Profanity

How can we get banned for profanity and the writers use profanities. Double standard

508th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Ask users before giving users your New version which I find new version to be terrible

I did not want new version and should have been asked which I was and I denied new version and yahoo gave it to me anyways. Most I found do not like the new format

508th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 508th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. More neutral articles (like a Reuters), global articles, and less echo chambers based on searches or articles clicked on.

I am concerned that the Yahoo format is reinforcing biases of those reading the news instead of providing neutral and consistent information to its users. I believe that this way of relaying the news is causing further divisiveness because users are receiving inconsistent information from other, causing their positions to be in conflict. There are news sources like Reuters that provide information about what is happening in the world in a neutral way without enforcing biases, which may be a more productive model for Yahoo News.

143rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Where is the news

There is a big fire on the west coast - where some of my family resides and there is not one story on it, just someone's opinion on something that really does not matter!!! Where is the real news???

312th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base