Fantasy Baseball

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. My two worst players and i cant drop them Flaherty bellinger

My two worst players and i cant drop them Flaherty bellinger

Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Can't Cut List  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Error in Schedule

I am in 3 Daily Leagues. All of them show the Yankees vs. TB postponed today, Aug. 6th. While that is correct, the Yankees ARE playing, in Philadelphia at 6:05pm. Please FIX IT, the ignorant will cry they didn't know there was a game.

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi David,

Thank you for your feedback.

The default setting for Public/Pro Leagues is continuous and FAB waivers.

If you would like to have FAB but free agents, you can create a Private League or join a Custom League using the settings you are looking to play with.

Thanks,

Product Support

4. Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi John,

Thanks for leaving feedback.

Payouts have gone out for MLB and would be paid out to the Fantasy Wallet.

If you believe you should have received a payout and don’t see any funds in your wallet, make sure you are signed into the correct Yahoo account. For further assistance, you can reach out to us at help.yahoo.com.

Thanks,

Product Support

5. Austin Riley position eligibility

Make Austin Riley's available positions 3B and OF

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Position Eligibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The number of games a player completes determines rookie status or player eligibility.

Position eligibility – 5 starts or 10 total appearances in a position.

Use the position eligibility countdown
    The number under each position shows how many games remain until the player is eligible for that position. If an “E” appears in the column, they’re already eligible to play.

1. Under the “Players” tab, click Position Eligibility.
    2. Type the player’s name into the available field.
    3. Click Search.

6. There should be something describing when players go on IL list.

For example, Masahiro Tanaka was placed on IL by NYY on Tuesday but he's still listed as "Day-to-Day" on rosters. I don't don't know if there's a bug or not but I thought his status should be changed by now.

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Disabled List  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Dennis,

Player’s designations are determined by our data provider. Once they update the status it will then update in our game. The statuses for players, including Tanaka, has been updated in baseball leagues.

Thanks,

Product Support

7. Make available players available instead of always being on waiver. It is impossile to make a roster change.

Make players available after the waiver time is up instead of putting them on waivers every day.The waiver time never ends. When I claim a player that i really need, I may or may not get him 3 days later. Once I put in 3 claims at the same time to replace one player and lost all three. Three days later I found out. I could not replace him for another three days. Dumbest rule ever. What idiot came up with this?

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Waivers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Mel,

We appreciate your feedback.

The change was made to the Continuous waivers with FAB last year as this was viewed as the most fair option for our members.

Thanks,

Product Support

8. Several players suddenly not on IL

This morning I noticed Freddie Freeman, Miguel Sano & Will Smith are no longer on the IL but Julio Tehran is. This is horrible timing because we added an extra roster spot but now I cannot add anyone because it thinks Freeman is not on the IL. This needs to be fixed. Why would Yahoo suddenly make that change when they went on the TEN DAY IL less than SEVEN days ago?

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. CANCELLATION????????????

How do you let thousands of people draft, trade spend time and money, knowing full well that this would NOT be a normal season...we all knew that in March..we knew possibly 110, 80, 60 were all possibilities....PLEASE explain your reason. If it is a programming or software issue ..tell us. Cancelling makes absolutely no sense. So now that you cancelled where is the money...some of us have invested hundreds of dollars. The season starts in 2 weeks....FANTRAX is kicking your *** now in fantasy baseball, and they did NOT cancel anything. I have been playing Yahoo for quite some time...you…

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. IL Helsley the Relief Pitcher for St. Louis. Put the IL in red next to his name.

Chop chop! iL the guy already since you updated his card saying he has Covid-19. Let’s move on this. Wasting time helps now one trying to make a pickup.

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Disabled List  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi George,

Thanks for your feedback.

Once a player has been publicly identified by their team or the player as having tested positive for Covid, the team will also need to make a move to place the player on the MLB’s Covid IL. Once this has been done, our data provider will confirm and update the player which will then update in our game.

We have different data providers for injury designations and for the information that is provided in the player card. It is possible to see an update that does not align with the player’s designation due to this.

Thanks,

Product Support

11. Some player on IL but did not update

https://www.mlb.com/player/ryan-helsley-664854
    According to MLB.com, Ryan Helsley, pitcher of St. Louis Cardinals, is on 10-day IL, since he got COVID-19.
    But he still DTD in yahoo fantasy. Shouldn't you update it soon?

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Once a player has been publicly identified by their team or the player as having tested positive for Covid, the team will also need to make a move to place the player on the MLB’s Covid IL. Once this has been done, our data provider will confirm and update the player which will then update in our game.

Thanks,

Product Support

12. Quality Starts visual placement

Our league is planning to finally make the switch from Wins to Quality Starts for the upcoming Fantasy Baseball season, but we're not fans of the difference in where Quality Starts is currently visually placed on a Yahoo stat line - coming at the end of their numbers, after things such as as ERA/WHIP/K.9.

It would be great if Yahoo could move them up in the UI, right next to where Wins currently appears - immediately after Innings Pitched, before Saves - so the category setting adjustment isn't as, visually jarring. Would be great to be able to make the…

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Yahoo Sports collected our leagues fees and are not making the payouts

Yahoo Sports collected our leagues fees and are not making the payouts. Anyone else having this problem?

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Picking Up Players

Letting you pilck up a player from the FA without having to wait a extra day when you take an IF player and put him back in the lineup, you have to wait one day to choose a player then another day to get a anyone from the FA. Why the penalty for having put a player in IF

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. ban racist team names and logos

Ban racist team names and logos i.e. private league 4668

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Cheating or Sportmanship  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Steve,

If you are coming across racist team names and logos, we request that you submit a request for support at help.yahoo.com with a screenshot of the racist logo or name so we can get this escalated to the proper team for further investigation.

Thanks,

Product Support

16. Get real

your fantasy baseball interface is a complete joke so far. incorrect player info, misleading/wrong info posted for players on a daily basis, and having multitudes of players available in the free agent pool that really shouldn't be there, but excluding a guy like Jordan Montgomery who not only already logged a game this year, but has plenty of past experience and should have been part of the player pool from Day 1 of this season. Wake the F up, Yahoo!!!

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Jon,

Thank you for the feedback.

Jordan Montgomery is listed as a Pitcher (P) in our game. If your league does not roster this position, then he will not be available in the player pool until he earns a designation that is used by your league. He would need to make 3 starts to earn Starting Pitcher (SP) eligibility and 5 relief appearances to earn Relief Pitcher (RP) eligibility.

Thanks,

Product Support

17. MLB Post Season You Pick em

Just like the NCAA Basketball Tournament, but now, with MLB postseason in more of tournament like post season, why not have a similar Pick 'em? Before the Post season begins pick the winners of each match up and then track to see who wins the World Series.

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. If a team is in quarantine and cannot play for an extended period of time, why aren't these players placed on the COVID-19 IL?

If a team (cough cough Miami Marlins) is in quarantine and cannot play for an extended period of time, why aren't these players placed on the COVID-19 IL? I'm not dropping Brandon Kintzler to get a pitcher on another team that will eventually have to deal with an outbreak.

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi David,

Players will not be designated with the Covid-19 designation unless they are publicly identified as testing positive and missing time due to the virus.

Thanks,

Product Support

19. John Gant's appearances on Sept 5 and Sept 8 should have earned him Holds or Yahoo's definition of Holds is misleading

On Sept 8 Gant entered the game with a 5-2 lead, pitched an inning, and exited the game without giving up the lead.

On Sept 5 Gant entered the game with a 5-1 lead and runners on 1st and 2nd, with the tying run on deck, pitched 1.1 innings and exited without giving up the lead.

Neither was counted as a Hold but both are Holds under Yahoo's rules, excerpted below:

HOLD:
    A hold can be earned by more than one reliever and is credited when the reliever comes into a save situation, records at least 1 out, and gives…

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thanks for leaving feedback.

In the two games you have referenced. Gant entered both games in the 5th inning.

In our game, a save situation is not considered if the pitcher enters the game prior to the 6th inning. So Gant did not meet the criteria for a Hold as he did not enter the game in a save situation.

Thanks,

Product Support

20. Nick Anderson save on Sept. 23

TB's Nick Anderson should have been given credit for a save on Wednesday, Sept. 23. He entered the game against the Mets with a three-run lead (8-5) and finished the game with the lead in tact.

Signed in as (Sign out)

Responded  ·  0 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base