Fantasy Baseball

Fantasy Baseball

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. H2H Scoring

Allow for the option of 2 week h2h matchups in regular season and/or playoffs.

577th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I would like to see Fantasy Points accumulated by position throughout the year. That would be a great FGM tool to have!

I would like to see Fantasy Points accumulated by position throughout the year. IE: IF you have a revolving door at Catcher you can see the FP you get in that scenario and compare it to having a top 4 catcher. Would really help prep draft strategies and highlight well managed teams. If it's not working maybe that stat tell me I should trade for a solid Catcher...something to consider!

577th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Add the decimal spot back to average stats

In all previous years when looking at either a roster page or free agency listings you could see one decimal spot for average stats. Now it appears to just truncate the decimals. In baseball points leagues this is critical because a 3.9 average is a lot different than a 3.1 average. Please fix this.

577th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Correct stats for first week of competition

I have a team in the Abilene GIFYSYL league. We drafted March 20 at 8:00pm(EDT). It was our impression that statistics for the early games played overseas would not count since league play commenced on Thursday, March 28. However, those stats were being counted as of this morning. Does Yahoo intend to correct the stats for our league, or was there some misinformation on our part?

340th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Problem With Batting Avg Calculations in My League

We have 3 teams tied with .255 batting average. All 3 have different H/AB, but all 3 were given 4 pts for BA in the standings. The BAs aren't calculated out past the 3rd decimal place like they used to be. Oddly, there are 2 teams with .247 batting avg, and those ARE calculated past the 3rd decimal. Please fix!

681st ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Display Plate Appearances in OBP leagues

In matchups, Yahoo displays the H/AB stat along with the individual match up stats. However, for leagues that use OBP instead of AVG, the H/AB stat is useless. In OBP leagues one needs to know how many Plate Appearances ones players have had, to contextualize the number. I suggest either replacing the H/AB stat with Plate Appearances, or adding it alongside it.

I have seen numerous requests for this, from twitter (https://twitter.com/Ian_Myers/status/1111697924151488512) to reddit (https://www.reddit.com/r/fantasybaseball/comments/b6oad9/deriving_obp_on_yahoo/)

Please make this stat available, thank you.

388th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Change the DL spot to the IL to align with MLB

Since MLB has officially changed the disabled list to the injured list, will Yahoo be changing the designation to "IL"?

62nd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Planned  ·  3 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. New Pitching Stat Quality Appearance

I suggest adding a Quality Appearance (QA) stat for pitchers. Fantrax has this stat, and in a nutshell, the stat rewards a pitcher one point every time they reach 2 innings while keeping a 4.50 ERA intact through their appearance. It gives long relievers a chance at earning some value and solves the issue of a dominant 5.2 IP start not resulting in a QS. At least now that 5.2 IP pitcher earns 2 QA points. It also rewards a pitcher who goes deeper into the game – an 8IP start that has an era 4.50 or under gets 4…

577th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Historical league matchup stats

I like the way matchup stats are displayed for current year (in a h2h, roto league). But I can't find anywhere to access the historical statistics. Itd be nice to see how many HRs it took to place first, or SBs, Ws, etc...

474th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Player avearges

Allow everyone to see this year before start of the season to see there total points from last year as well as there average points from last year.

681st ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Increase the qualifying innings pitched for each team from 7 to 20. Just 7 innings per week per team is way to small.

We all have about 4-5 (SP)pitchers on each team - they can all pitch at least 5 innings - increase the number of innings per week for each team from 7 to whatever,,,, (take the average SP innings per week, and use that number going forward to use instead of 7)

340th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. In head to head points league its nice to be able to limit starts at 10. So anything over ten stats stop counting. Its a feature espn has.

In points head to head league, pichers can help get you a lot of points. It would be great to limit the starts to what you wanted. We are able to limit pick ups, but a team could load up on starters and we want to keep it at ten. Its a feature allowed on other platforms.

681st ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Please create a "starting pitcher wins" category

Creating a category just for "starting pitcher wins" would eliminate RPs from racking up 'cheap' wins

681st ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Net wins

Pitching Category Net Wins which is wins minus losses

388th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add HR/9

Great ratio stat for evaluating a pitcher

577th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Re-tool stat categories

Especially in the pitching department. Batting average against, slugging against, ground ball %, HR/9, etc. These are very basic stat categories that are currently not available.

474th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Retro-active Line-up Changes

Fantasy Baseball should, JUST LIKE other sports, allow the retroactive ability to change line-ups. The semi-final championship game of my baseball league had myself with Mookie Betts on the bench because the night before he was rested and didn't start/play. One of 3 outfielders in the line-up did not play that day and I tried several times to make the switch that day before the game. It wasn't allowed. I contacted Yahoo several times but to no avail. Due to THAT line-up change, I lost that game. The RBI's alone accrued by Betts would have put my team to win…

681st ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Change default scoring settings from saves to save plus holds

Fewer baseball managers use one relief pitcher to close out games. More often, the best reliever is being used in the highest leverage situation,whether it is the 9th inning or not. Some relievers are the best on their team but are not used to close out games because real life teams want to utilize those relievers when it matters the most.

458th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Count Pitchers' Batting Stats

If your player produces stats that your league selected for scoring, they should count. Your player's hitting stats shouldn't be omitted just because he pitches. You can make it an option to erase pitchers' hitting stats if people don't like that concept, but the default shouldn't be to erase stats arbitrarily.

I make this argument every year in some fashion, doing the same now. Yahoo wrote back to me many years ago on this, saying essentially that pitchers' batting stats aren't counted because they're not good. Unsatisfactory explanation, but since it's the only one Yahoo's provided, my response is where…

332nd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Innings Pitched

If a person has 7 innings pitched left in Rotisserie, they should not be allowed to start 7 players and get credit for them all.

211th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base