Fantasy Baseball

Fantasy Baseball

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Create a new pitching stat category; total walks allowed + total hits allowed (NOT whip)

I have been a Yahoo! user/fantasy participant since the year 2000. I play fantasy baseball, basketball, hockey, NCAA march madness, and football with you. I have never left yahoo! for any other fantasy sports site. I have a simple request of you and am very hopeful you are able to grant it asap, prior to the 2017 fantasy baseball season.

My long-standing head-to-head league is moving away from ERA/WHIP. We want to steer clear of ratio/percentage stat categories.

Therefore, I am asking that you add a new stat category for pitching which combines walks allowed and hits allowed.

On this…

1st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Gathering feedback  ·  92 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please allow players who's games are cancelled to be taken out of starting lineups

In many cases throughout the baseball season, players will experience weather cancellations. It would be nice to be able to replace a player who's game is cancelled with a bench player that can play so long as the replacement players game hasn't started yet.

5th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  44 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Increased Minimum Innings Pitched from 7 to 20; Require x amount of SP starts; cap closers per team

I'm still new to H2H, and right off the bat I realized that by allowing an automatic draft to progress without making specific picks was a mistake. This specific game is all about who gets the most and best closers, maybe setup men as well. The game puts little emphasis on starting pitching unless we are talking about rock stars, because further, it's all about accuracy - ERA and WHIP. If you're going to put a SP out there, he better be accurate or he'll skew your weekly figures and you are hosed. Sure you can take K's any given…

8th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  85 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow players to be benched or inserted during double header

Nothing infuriates me more than when a player has a double header and I lose a FULL DAY of production at the plate from a PINCH HITTING appearance. It's 2018, Yahoo. We've put up with this nonsense for too long. Fix it so I can either bench the player if he's not in the starting lineup after the 1st game or insert them for the 2nd game if they didn't play the first.

23rd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. There needs to be a maximum IP limit in H2H categories baseball leagues

There needs to be an option to set a maximum number of innings pitched in weekly head 2 head categories baseball leagues

27th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  29 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Need to add maximum IP or limit starts per week in H2H points leagues

Need allow commish to add a MAXIMUM innings pitched or set number of starts per week.

It's too easy to win when you can stream starting pitchers in a points league (we do have a 5 transaction limit, but still need an innings max).

36th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  12 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Wins + Quality Starts (W+QS)

This needs to be done. It is a simple concept.

44th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  9 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Create a new hitting category - Doubles & Triples.

Hello!

Hoping for this upcoming season, you can create an additional hitting category: Doubles & Triples. My league does not want two separate categories, but we also do not want to use the “XBH” category. Creating a “2B & 3B” would be phenomenal. Thank you!

58th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  10 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Change the DL spot to the IL to align with MLB

Since MLB has officially changed the disabled list to the injured list, will Yahoo be changing the designation to "IL"?

58th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Planned  ·  3 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Please add a Net Wins category (Wins + Losses)

Add Wins + Losses as a pitching category, resulting in Net Wins

66th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Combine Roto and H2H

I would like to see the option to have H2H playoffs in a roto league. I would like the option to choose the playoff format for my league. The goal would be to use roto scoring to determine the top 4-6 teams as a regular season and then play head to head for the final weeks of the season for the playoffs.

84th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add BAA (Batting Avg Against)!!!

Why is a stat that YAHOO uses on pitcher profiles not an option as a stat category in leagues??? You have OBPA (On Base % Against) and stupid stats like pick offs and pitch count...Yet no BAA, again a stat you use in your pitcher profiles! Makes no sense!

99th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. leagues w/ divisions - standings based within division

lets say private leagues have 2 divisions of 5. allow us to Make standings go from 1-5 in each division instead of current format where it ranks teams regardless of division (which makes it pointless to have divisions). If this cannot be done, let us customize which teams make playoffs so we can actually have Wildcard spots

104th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Any chance we can get 2B + 3Bs?

Doubles plus triples for a category.

104th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add Opponent SLG and/or Opponent OPS for pitching stats.

Add Opponent SLG and/or Opponent OPS for pitching stats.

You already have Opponent OBP as a pitching stat, so adding one or both of these options shouldn't be too much of a stretch, and they're both better measures of pitching skill than OBP (which is already somewhat addressed by WHIP).

143rd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Provide an option to look at stats and leader board as of certain dates. We do this to have a 2nd half award

Provide an option to look at the stats and leader board as of specific dates. This way, leagues can establish 2nd half awards or other metrics so if a team was hit by injuries during the 1st half, they don't disengage during the 2nd half.

150th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 2x Saves + Holds

Adding a stat to encourage middle relievers is a difficult balancing act. Adding Holds in a league with Saves make them essentially worth equal value, which devalues the role of closers. I think that creating a stat, or functionality to allow commissioners more scoring customization, would greatly improve the long-term viability of Yahoo Fantasy Sports by providing fantasy players what they want!

In my personal case, I want a stat that is 2x Saves + Holds, so that it combines both into one category while still prioritizing Saves.

157th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. New setting request for Roster Changes

Can we have a setting that makes you set one single roster of hitters and pitchers for the entire week (and keeps the same bench players on the bench all week)? Otherwise, everyone just loads up on pitchers and there's no point to keeping bench hitters. The weekly roster changes setting is not that helpful because you can still move pitchers in and out of your starting lineup for the week (as long as you set your entire week up on Sunday/Monday). To help explain this more, think about football, you can't put a RB in your lineup for Thursday…

157th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. CHANGE THE “7 Minimum Inmings Pitched” rule to 25 or 30. SP are worthless in your leagues.

Please change the “Minimum 7 Innings Pitched” rule to 25 or 30 Innings. You have all but negated starting pitching with your settings, especially second and third tier pitchers. In addition, you do not force managers to pick their starting pitchers each week. Owvers also pick RP over starters. Moreover, hitters are much more important than pitchers, which is insane. Finally, you will continue to lose players to RTSports and Fantrax if you keep this rule. Please up it to 25 or 30 Minimum Innings Pitched. Thank you

178th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Please allow commissioners to change H2H scores retroactively

In my custom league, we get points for off-field activities. The only way to do this with Yahoo is to create a separate spreadsheet and input all the information. This could be easily solved by allowing the league commission to retroactively change H2H scoring.

178th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base