Fantasy Baseball

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Save correction

AJ Ramos got the Save in the Wednesday, April 11 game with the Mets vs Marlins. Everything I read... including Yahoo's own write-ups... says so. But he hasn't been credited with the save in any of the stats

Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Stop the cheating in my league

Stop the cheating in my league

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi John, we appreciate your feedback. We’re focused on providing the best Fantasy Sports experience for our users. If you’d like to report cheating/abuse in your league, please contact Customer Care directly. From the following link select “Contact Us”: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/fantasy-baseball?

Yahoo Product Support

3. Can u guys finally add RUNS to the players card?!

When we click on the little box besides a players name & the card opens why do u guys have every standard category there but NOT runs??
    U have AVG. HR RBI & SB but NO runs... WHY is that?

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey guys, when clicking the player card on web and on mobile, I see R listed. Where exactly are you seeing that info missing?

Yahoo Product Support

4. Communicate with your users for a change

Communicate in a real way with a Yahoo community that desires real improvements. Explain to us how you intend to improve your product (or not) instead of foisting this ridiculous voting system on us. Lets have some real communication from management for a change.

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Rob, thanks for your feedback. We have a ’What’s New’ page in-product to describe the major product changes for Baseball this year.

Any and all suggestions and feedback in this forum are reviewed by product and evaluated for our product roadmap.

Thanks for playing Yahoo Fantasy

Yahoo Product Support

5. Position Eligib

Hi, will yahoo baseball leagues give commissioners the ability to adjust position eligibility requirements next year in fantasy baseball?

For example, Anthony Rizzo collected 10 games at second base because of a scoring technicality of how he lined up during possible bunting situations and is therefore eligible at 2b. But a left handed first baseman should never have second base eligibility. It would be nice for commissioners to be able to adjust this.

Thanks for the consideration and looking forward to your thoughts.

Jeff

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Position Eligibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Gino, thanks for your feedback! Unfortunately we will not be implementing commissioner controlled position eligibility. Player position eligibility will still be determined by number of starts and appearances.

Good luck this season!
    Yahoo Product Support

6. Question about Player Pool

Hello!

I play in a deep dynasty league and I have been trying to figure out how Yahoo makes determinations about what players will be added to the player pool for each upcoming season.

This is the page that is usually linked to when people ask about the player pool:

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/fantasy-baseball/SLN6792.html?impressions=true

However, this explanation does nothing to explain which players will be added in the upcoming season. It only explains the different ways your league can deal with those players once they have been added by yahoo.

How can we anticipate whether a player in the minors or someone signed…

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Joseph and Andrew,

There’s a few things that contribute to the player pool when the game opens:
    -Anyone that played a single game the previous year and hasn’t retired
    -Prospects we’ve identified at the beginning of each year are added in, ideally the ones from 2015 2016 and 2017 who haven’t made the majors yet are included
    -We added about 130 for this year
    -Guys who were on the major league roster but didn’t play (like guys who were on the DL all last year) will be there too

Hope that helps! Good luck this season!

Yahoo Product Support

7. Playoff tie breaker

Back in the days if there was a playoff tie. Whoever had the better era won despite the seed. If that was a tie then runs would be next. Why did you change that? This is not soccer or the World Cup. In baseball you go extra innings until somebody scores and wins. The seeding bs is lame. I might be a lower seed but beat this guy 8-1 twice. I should get the win if we tie just based on that.

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

We are continually working to improve our fantasy games so options that may have been available in the past have likely been updated based on our members feedback.

Yahoo Public Leagues use the default setting for Higher Seed wins in a playoff tie. In a Private League, the commissioner can use the best regular season record vs opponent wins tiebreaker for the playoffs.

Thanks,

Product Support

8. Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Disabled List  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Full standing changes from day to day

Add a chart or field on the full standings page to show where a team increased/decreased from the prior day. For example if a team had 9 points for HR and the next day dropped to 7 show a -2 next to the number in parenthesis or having a separate chart showing the day to day changes. It would be helpful to know what is categories is driving the changes in standings.

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Ian,

Thanks for providing your feedback!

While this may not be exactly what you’re looking for, on the desktop version of the league you can find a drop down option that says “Current Standings,” you can toggle to “Full Standings” which will provide additional information for the league including Overall Points/Stats. You can also switch to a chart view and look at the last 7/14/30 days and see the increase/decrease of standings points for teams for the categories of your league.

Hope you find this information useful.

Thanks,

Product Support

10. Allow people who don't have a Yahoo account to join a league created by someone who does have a Yahoo account.

I created a fantasy Baseball League, tried to get 11 of my friends to join, only one did because nobody had a Yahoo account and nobody wanted to sign up for one so now we are not doing a Fantasy Baseball League... At least not on Yahoo

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Quality Starts visual placement

Our league is planning to finally make the switch from Wins to Quality Starts for the upcoming Fantasy Baseball season, but we're not fans of the difference in where Quality Starts is currently visually placed on a Yahoo stat line - coming at the end of their numbers, after things such as as ERA/WHIP/K.9.

It would be great if Yahoo could move them up in the UI, right next to where Wins currently appears - immediately after Innings Pitched, before Saves - so the category setting adjustment isn't as, visually jarring. Would be great to be able to make the…

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Yahoo Sports collected our leagues fees and are not making the payouts

Yahoo Sports collected our leagues fees and are not making the payouts. Anyone else having this problem?

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. MLB Post Season You Pick em

Just like the NCAA Basketball Tournament, but now, with MLB postseason in more of tournament like post season, why not have a similar Pick 'em? Before the Post season begins pick the winners of each match up and then track to see who wins the World Series.

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Spener Torkelson

Why is he not in yahoo when he has been signed by a MLB team?

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. John Gant's appearances on Sept 5 and Sept 8 should have earned him Holds or Yahoo's definition of Holds is misleading

On Sept 8 Gant entered the game with a 5-2 lead, pitched an inning, and exited the game without giving up the lead.

On Sept 5 Gant entered the game with a 5-1 lead and runners on 1st and 2nd, with the tying run on deck, pitched 1.1 innings and exited without giving up the lead.

Neither was counted as a Hold but both are Holds under Yahoo's rules, excerpted below:

HOLD:
    A hold can be earned by more than one reliever and is credited when the reliever comes into a save situation, records at least 1 out, and gives…

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thanks for leaving feedback.

In the two games you have referenced. Gant entered both games in the 5th inning.

In our game, a save situation is not considered if the pitcher enters the game prior to the 6th inning. So Gant did not meet the criteria for a Hold as he did not enter the game in a save situation.

Thanks,

Product Support

16. Nick Anderson save on Sept. 23

TB's Nick Anderson should have been given credit for a save on Wednesday, Sept. 23. He entered the game against the Mets with a three-run lead (8-5) and finished the game with the lead in tact.

Signed in as (Sign out)

Responded  ·  0 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow for a "choice" of season type in your settings.

Been playing for years!!! And a commissioner. This shorter Baseball season has been really fun as opposed to the loooong grind albeit rewarding to win at the end.

My out of the box suggestion is to be able chose to Season Type - by "dividing" season into two halves - A Spring and Summer with a 4 Team Playoff ending both. .. If someone wins both Spring and Summer they would be declared Champion of the Year. Otherwise the Winner of each half season would meet in a Season Finale match up for Title. I hope someone likes the idea.…

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. I'm unclear as to why a player who debuted (braxton garrett) is not yet available as a free agent in the league I'm in. Can he be added?

I'm unclear as to why a player who debuted (braxton garrett) is not yet available as a free agent in the league I'm in. Can he be added?

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for your feedback.

Top prospects and new players are available at different times based on your league’s settings and are subject to your team’s waiver rules.

“New Players Become Available” setting locks post draft – Neither commissioners nor Yahoo Customer Care are able to edit this post-draft.

During spring training any player already in our system on a MLB 40-man roster may show as “active” until the regular season begins.

“As soon as Yahoo adds them” option – Players are available as soon as they’re added to a team’s 40-man roster. While players outside the 25-man roster can’t be used until after September 1st, you can claim your stake early.

“Wait until called up to the Majors” option – Players won’t be available until they’ve been called up to the Majors and are part of a team’s 25-man roster.

Thanks,

Product Support

19. My two worst players and i cant drop them Flaherty bellinger

My two worst players and i cant drop them Flaherty bellinger

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Can't Cut List  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. PLEASE ALLOW ROSTER CHANGES THE SAME DAY FOR SEASONAL FANTASY BASEBALL, BASKETBALL, HOCKEY SPORTS

Adding/dropping players should be implemented THE SAME DAY AS THE TRANSACTION (such as ESPN on all other fantasy interfaces) vs. being implemented the next calendar day. As long as a player does not play their game that respective day, I should be able to make necessary line-up changes that same day to maximize my line-up for daily fantasy sports (hockey, baseball, basketball, etc.). This is one thing about Yahoo fantasy I despise and makes me want to transition all of my leagues to ESPN. Please change this.

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback.

Public and Pro use the Daily – Today setting in baseball, basketball and hockey for lineup/roster changes so when transactions are processed they happen right away. If you are in a Private League and transactions are reflected the following day, then the league is using Daily – Tomorrow and that is a setting the league commissioner can change.

Thanks,

Product Support

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base