How can we make Fantasy Baseball better?

More flexible playoff sytems

ideas include:
- eliminate consolation bracket; once you are eliminated from playoffs, you are locked out just like those teams who miss playoffs and there are no meaningless "consolation" games that no one pays attention to
- two week championship as an option
- shorter regular season due to MLB teams shutting down pitchers, resting players, etc. in september. The championships should be wrapped up by time fantasy football rolls around (week one of the NFL should be championship week for fantasy baseball)

2nd ranked
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
DHB shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Kenny Henderson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just converted my 8 year league to Yahoo from ESPN due to most of your options. I am now going back to my ESPN league because you do not offer two week playoff matchups. How can this not be an option. Pathetic.

• ryan matthews commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Come on Yahoo, this request was started back in 2013.

Allow teams to start the playoffs as early as week 19 and allow the option for a two week championship.

• Robert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am in a 20 team league.
    We have 12 teams make playoffs, with 4 teams getting byes the 1st week.
    I have moved to ESPN the last 2 years, because YAHOO does not offer this feature.
    However, if YAHOO were to get it, I would move back over here very quickly, because I prefer the YAHOO interface much more.

• Chris Tennant commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How many posts and comments does there need to be for Yahoo to make a 2 week playoff option. Is it not blatantly obvious that there is an OVERWHELMING demand for this by the fantasy baseball community? Let's go!

• Steve Block commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

please add 2 week playoff matchup option, as well as allow commish to edit playoff seeding. would love to have 2 seperate divisions(AL and NL), top 4 from each get in, winner from each playoff bracket meets in a world series.

• Ravi Sohal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree that in a random sport like baseball which requires larger sample sizes, there should be a way to customize all playoff matchups to 2 weeks.

I also would love to see a way to start the playoffs earlier and have the championship week start in early September rather than go to the end of the season and have a situation where good players are being rested during championship matchups.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How bout a more flexible schedule.... Week long match ups is Football, not baseball. Match-up option should include, everyday option and split the week up to match series of MLB.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I mean what is the bfd? Its just code? Change it!
    Your playoff set up has sucked ever since you took away the 2 week championship.

• Tony commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think there used to be an option to do 2 week playoffs about 8-10 year ago? Am I thinking of another site? In any case, it needs to be done!

• Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree. Agree. Agree. More flexibility!

I like the consolation bracket, but why can't that be an option to turn on and off?

I would really like to see the option to make all playoff matchups 2 weeks. I think that this would result in a more fair playoff matchup result. At the very least, the championship should be 2 weeks. It always used to be.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 12 13

Feedback and Knowledge Base