How can we make Fantasy Baseball better?

S. Ohtani

Since S. Ohtani is split into 2 different players, the batter and the pitcher, Ohtani the pitcher should still have DL eligibility! It is known he will not pitch for several more weeks and not being able to keep Ohtani (the pitcher) in the DL spot on rosters is not fair to owners. Anyone who owns him is forced to either drop him or have him take up a roster spot when he is not going to pitch. Please do the right thing and make this correction.

16th ranked
Vote
Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Cecil Abono shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

53 comments

Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • nuthin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Lol. You’d think this would be the 1 benefit to creating a fictional character ohtani clone but no it somehow can’t be fixed.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Unreal that this is still a problem. I am in agreement, Ohtani needs to be one player. However, since Yahoo in its infinite wisdom has decided to keep him as two players then the pitcher version needs to be put on the DL as we all know he is not pitching at all this year as he recovers from Tommy John surgery. Stop penalizing those of us who play in dynasty and keeper leagues because Yahoo is incapable of fixing the problem they created. Allow Ohtani the pitcher to be put on the DL so those of us who own him are not being penalized a roster spot.

The season is starting. Ohtani pitcher owners need an answer from Yahoo. Is the pitcher going to be on the DL or NA? If not then you are suggesting he is one player which contradicts the whole idea of splitting him in to 2 different players. We need an answer.

It appears Yahoo is ignoring the Ohtani issue and refuse to address it. Oh well.

• Binh Phan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yahoo... get with the program and just give him UTIL/SP as one player... you're messing up many dynasty leagues with this stupid decision

• Nick Pacenza commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ohtani should be one player who can be played as either a batter or pitcher on any given day. Other sites have resolved the two way player problem, Yahoo needs to catch up.

Yahoo needs to join with other fantasy leagues on other platforms and make Ohtani one player, or give each league the choice to determine for him to be one or two.

Please update your system to accommodate every league's preferences!

Ohtani will be handled in 2019 the same way he was handled in 2018 in the Yahoo game.

No changes.

I cannot seem to find anything where Yahoo addresses the Ohtani problem of having two separate players. I have found complaints from July of 2018 and since seen others in January and February comment on them. But nothing from Yahoo recognizing their decision to split Ohtani into two players hasn't worked out as hoped.

There should clearly be an option for leagues to have One Ohtani (UTIL & SP). That way if and when he goes on the DL he only takes up one DL spot. Also if he doesn't pitch or hit he still has value.

Has Yahoo responded anywhere else that having two Ohtani players is a problem and how they plan to address it?

The more it appears they are silent on the matter the more it seems they are ignoring the issue. I hope that is not true.

At this point since Yahoo chose to keep two Ohtani players why can't Yahoo allow leagues to make up their own mind on the issue? It's an easy fix. At this point add a "Third" Ohtani.

Yahoo adds to the Yahoo Player Universe, Ohtani (Util & SP)

Leagues decide if they want two Ohtani players (one Hitter and the other Pitcher) as Yahoo currently has it or just one Ohtani (that is both a hitter & pitcher).

If a League wants one Ohtani (Util & SP) than the other two Ohtani players are off limits and cannot be placed on a roster.

If a League for whatever reason prefers having two Ohtani players (as is currently) then the third Ohtani (the new combined one) cannot be put on a team.

Let leagues have the power to decide this. It is possible for anyone from Yahoo to address this? I would like to hear from Yahoo one way or another on why or why not they can't address this issue in this fashion.

• Jeremy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ohtani takes up ONE roster spot on the Angels. One contract, one lineup spot, one great addition to baseball. That gets ruined by Yahoo.

Ohtani should be one player with the ability to collect both Pitching and Hitting stats. Give him a fielding position or UTIL as well as SP. Let his fantasy teams decide how to use him.

Having two has caused more problems.

It appears Yahoo chose to ignore combining Ohtani. Well there is always next year hoping they will fix their error.

He should be combined into one player like other sites did last year. If you happen to own both versions and he does go on the DL then you have to use two DL spots instead of one.

Let him collect both hitting and pitching stats and the fantasy team needs to decide whether to use him as a hitter or pitcher.

• David Greenfield commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally agree with the previous posters: Ohtani the pitcher should have a DL designation next to his name this year since it is obvious he won't pitch in 2019. I own him in a keeper league and it does not seem fair to owners to have to burn a roster spot all year to keep Ohtani the pitcher. I already have to use a keeper spot for him, so the roster spot too seems unfair.

• todd edelman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't know if yahoo has given this any more thought . . . but the "two Ohtani" situation creates problems for me in my dynasty league, and I'm sure it does for many others. I own the pitcher, and had to essentially play a man short for much of the year because he wasn't pitching and wasn't DL'd; the same will happen for all of this year. Whether it would have been more logical not to split the player up is debatable - but at this point, you can't shift to "one Ohtani" without causing havoc in keeper or dynasty leagues in which owners who have invested to get the pitcher or the hitter. In my opinion, the best approach is to DL "pitcher Ohtani" for next year. Last season, yahoo took the position that it would not do that because Ohtani was not on the "real" DL; however, given that the Ohtani who only pitches and does not hit (like the other version who hits but doesn't pitch) is a yahoo-created fiction to begin with, so I'm not sure why it makes any sense to invoke a need to stick to "reality" in resolving this situation.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base