How can we make Fantasy Baseball better?

Need to add maximum IP or limit starts per week in H2H points leagues

Need allow commish to add a MAXIMUM innings pitched or set number of starts per week.

It's too easy to win when you can stream starting pitchers in a points league (we do have a 5 transaction limit, but still need an innings max).

35th ranked
Vote
Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Kyle Burger shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Brett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I’ve been waiting for this feature for years. Streaming is dumb imo. If you like streaming, great. But our entire league hates it and as of now, we have to govern it by the honor system because Yahoo refuses to add a simple starts/week feature.

• Ben commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, good suggestion. Not just needed in H2H points, but H2H category leagues, too. We have a maximum number of SP starts per week (13) but it's basically just the honor system. Your competitors like Fantrax and I think CBS have this ability.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having a 2-week championship match-up (and maybe even a 2-week semi-final) negates the advantage of the streaming strategy and makes for a fairer result too less flukes.

Streaming is a legit strategy. Start up a custom league that discourages it if you don't like it.

I agree. The commish should be able to put a max on starts per week for starting pitchers. People just stock up on starting pitchers and stream pitchers all week. Batters stats become meaningless.

Try putting negative points. I've run a point league for years with no maximum acquisitions. Bad pitchers should hurt you just as much as good pitching helps

• umar malik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

One way to prevent streaming is to allow the commissioner to require a minimum amount of hitters and pitchers.
    If the league allows up to 23 players on a team. The commissioner can determine how many hitters and pitchers of that 23 players have to be rostered on a team.

Example if a team can have up to 23 players on a team. 13 of those 23 players have to be hitters and 12 have to be pitchers.

Or require teams to have a mandatory starter for each position for every game.

• Leslie Rock commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

our h2h points league has become nothing but a streaming SP league. Yahoo needs to come up with a rule to prevent streaming. as it is now, whoever streams the most, wins. perhaps a maximum innings rule would take care of the situation. i enjoy playing points baseball as long as mindless streaming is prohibited.

Feedback and Knowledge Base