Fantasy Baseball

Fantasy Baseball

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add the decimal spot back to average stats

In all previous years when looking at either a roster page or free agency listings you could see one decimal spot for average stats. Now it appears to just truncate the decimals. In baseball points leagues this is critical because a 3.9 average is a lot different than a 3.1 average. Please fix this.

579th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Reset adds/pickups for "Extended Opening Week"

For Baseball's Opening Week - which runs for more than 7 days in Yahoo! - allow the league adds/pickups, to reset on the Monday of the extended week in H2H leagues.

477th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Waivers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Problem With Batting Avg Calculations in My League

We have 3 teams tied with .255 batting average. All 3 have different H/AB, but all 3 were given 4 pts for BA in the standings. The BAs aren't calculated out past the 3rd decimal place like they used to be. Oddly, there are 2 teams with .247 batting avg, and those ARE calculated past the 3rd decimal. Please fix!

681st ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Keepers

Stop making me go on a computer to select keepers for the season. You should be able to do everything from the mobile app. This applies to all sports

212th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 2 Week Playoff Matchups with Adjustable Schedule

I would love to see Yahoo allow for 2 week playoff matchups and an adjustable schedule that allows you to end regular season whenever you want. These options are currently available on ESPN. After doing our fantasy baseball on Yahoo since 2006, we switched over to ESPN this season because our managers simply prefer 2 week playoff matchups and how it rewards a "true" winner.

Especially in a sport like baseball that entails so much randomness, a 1 week matchup at any given time is almost a "crapshoot". Also, allowing for an adjustable schedule would also be a great feature…

56th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  7 comments  ·  Playoffs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. H2H Scoring

Allow for the option of 2 week h2h matchups in regular season and/or playoffs.

579th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. League Draft Board to display on a big screen while drafting on your device.

When we have a group of guys come over to draft, I'd love to put a league draft board on the big screen while each of us have our own devices to make our draft picks.

I think it'll help create a better community environment while drafting (and also my 9-year-old son won't be mouth-breathing into my ear while looking over my shoulder while I draft).

280th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Draft Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. New Pitching Category "The 1, 2, 3 inning"

The 1. 2. 3 inning or 3 up 3 down.
    When your pitcher accomplishes this you get a 1 in your matchup, then the second time a 2 etc. etc. So this would be a positive counting stat for any of your pitchers to accomplish.

579th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 579th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Information Requested  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Please allow Commish to pause the draft more than 5 times or 15 mins. How about full control?

ESPN let’s be the Commish pause the draft and start it back up anytime they want. I suggest Yahoo do the same as there is no valid reason to have limited pauses. Unforeseen can things happen and having a simple pause and unpause button would be great. Thanks.

280th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Draft Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow user to change player slot during the Draft. 1B/OF. Owner should choose where he is.

Allow user to change player slot during the draft. If a player has multiple position eligibility such as 1B/OF, the owner should choose where he is put in your team during the draft. That way I can draft around what I've picked, not where yahoo sticks them on my team.

340th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Draft Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Andrew Benintendi should be taken off the can't cut list

He's having a really down year right now, and nowhere near an elite fantasy player right now. I think people should be able to cut him if they want to. Frankly I'm not sure he should have ever been on this list to begin with, but no question at this point he should be cuttable.

389th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Can't Cut List  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Give the option of having a two-week Championship!

The league commissioner should be able to customize (or at least choose from more options) when the fantasy playoffs begins/ends. Having a two-week championship is an option that every member of our league supports, but we are unable to implement.

15th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  18 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Expanded Commish Ohtani/Future 2-Way Player Options

So we realize you guys decided to make Ohtani 2 separate players. Many people are obviously upset about this (myself included). I understand that either choice will ruffle some feathers, so why not make a commissioner option to treat Ohtani as 1 or 2 players?

Commissioner Option 1: Treat him as 2 separate players, both take up a roster spot, etc. the way you guys said it would be this year.

Commissioner Option 2: Have him in the system as 2 players but he would act as 1 player. For example, under this option, pitcher Ohtani and hitter Ohtani only…

16th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  25 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add Player Faces Next to Names

Your UI is far too outdated. If you play fantasy football on NFL.com, it leaves you for dead. Your site doesn't even offer a face of the player for crying out loud? Are you serious? Yahoo is run by a female and it shows. Adjust your priorities.

681st ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Planned  ·  Product Support responded

Faces should be added soon. We are waiting on that information from our data providers.

Thank you for your feedback.

16. Add CP (Closing Pitcher) spot

In points league, often times the RP spot is just used by a starter that has both SP and RP designation and inflates the scoring for the week. I want to be able to use solely closing pitchers in a spot.

256th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Position Eligibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Bug with the Player List

When you look at batters in the player list and sort by something that isn't a pitcher column, and then try to look at pitchers, the system returns a "no players found" message. The same is true if you sort pitchers by something that isn't a batter column and then look at batters.

The system would be friendlier if you would fix this. Thanks!

681st ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Put the players on the DL when their team announces it. You're waiting several hours which can effect the abilities to move lineups around.

I am not sure how your software works to recognize when a player is placed on the DL, but teams are announcing players on the DL several hours prior to Yahoo actually designating the players as DL eligible. This can cause issues for a manager that is trying to get max value of their roster.

66th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Disabled List  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. need a way to contact yahoo without paying for it when a postion cannot be filled to due system malfunction.

When a position is disabled because of yahoo have a way to correct this immediately By the time they contact you your playing one man short and the stats lost are never corrected. Have a way without paying for a fix or contact them so it can be fixed and then credit all stats lost back to your team.

681st ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Information Requested  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Message/Chat Board Needs to Feel Like Social Media Site

The Message Board has become a waste of space because it's not easily accessible, readable or usable. Posts and comments should be easily scrollable, mobile friendly, and look and feel like Facebook/Instagram/Twitter. Get rid of "topics" and duplicate what the most popular social media sites in the world do to encourage messaging, chatting, and communicating!

280th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base