Fantasy Baseball

Fantasy Baseball

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Change your story editor

I don't know who writes the notes that show up when you click the notes box next to the players name but they are very often wrong, for example Mike Clevinger had 12 strikeouts in stats but the notes say he had a career high 11?

575th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Net wins

Pitching Category Net Wins which is wins minus losses

387th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please get updated info to users faster

I see updates on key pitchers from MLB news feeds that are not picked up by your service in time to be of use. This also having an impact on your Matchup ratings. For instance, Joe Musgrove start was moved and Trevor Williams pitched for Pirates on Sunday March 31st, but your Matchup with Reds starters still referenced Musgrove. In addition, the update on Musgrove noted he would be available "out of the bullpen" on Sunday. I see errors re: Matchups at least once or twice each week and this can have an impact on Fantasy lineups.

673rd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Planned  ·  Product Support responded

Thank you for reporting this issue. We’re currently working on getting these updates to our customers sooner.

Thank you for your feedback!

4. More DL spots in Private Leagues

We need more DL spots in Private Leagues. You updated the NA spots to 10 but left the DL spots at just 5. For keeper Leagues we regularly have more than 5 players on the DL at one time.
    Please up it to 10.

Thanks!

68th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Innings Pitched

If a person has 7 innings pitched left in Rotisserie, they should not be allowed to start 7 players and get credit for them all.

211th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Re-tool stat categories

Especially in the pitching department. Batting average against, slugging against, ground ball %, HR/9, etc. These are very basic stat categories that are currently not available.

474th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Default playoffs for public and Pro leagues should be weeks 22,23 and 24

Congrats on all the new playoff options in baseball.

But.....

Why you left the default for public and Pro leagues to run thru the last week of the regular season is beyond me.

The regular season should be 21 weeks, not 22. Playoffs should start in week 22, not in week 23.

Basketball, hockey and football all default to the next to last week of the regular season for the fantasy championship week. Why you insist on keeping baseball as the only sport that has the championship match up during the final week of the regular season is beyond me.

387th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Playoffs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Show the Starting Pitchers already

The season starts in three days. Do you just show one day in advance? I want to set my lineup for a week.

673rd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Please add a feature to export team rosters and transactions.

I am the commissioner of a auction keeper league and I have to copy and paste the daily transactions throughout the year (weekly or daily depending on how often I want to do it). It would be much nicer to be able to just export all of the transactions once at the end of the year. Also, I have to copy and paste each team roster into a spreadsheet and it needs major editing to be usable. I would love a feature to just export a team roster and download it to a spreadsheet. Most other fantasy sites have this…

575th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. New Pitching Stat Quality Appearance

I suggest adding a Quality Appearance (QA) stat for pitchers. Fantrax has this stat, and in a nutshell, the stat rewards a pitcher one point every time they reach 2 innings while keeping a 4.50 ERA intact through their appearance. It gives long relievers a chance at earning some value and solves the issue of a dominant 5.2 IP start not resulting in a QS. At least now that 5.2 IP pitcher earns 2 QA points. It also rewards a pitcher who goes deeper into the game – an 8IP start that has an era 4.50 or under gets 4…

575th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Keep any Yahoo Leagues designated as Dynasty to remain open thoughout the off-season

The Hot Stove Lounge is one the best parts of MLB.
    Also allow roster sizes to be edited after a draft, this enables us to protect NA players in the draft as well as our regular keepers, as soon as they get NA designation after Spring Training, we can reduce our bench slots back to 4

157th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Fantasy Baseball playoff options

Open up the playoff options so that commissioners have more controls. Specifically, allow for 4 team playoffs with 2 weeks per matchup.

178th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. support full/real keeper functionality

Yahoo should start actually supporting keeper functionality, where you can track rosters, years kept, salaries, etc., and can set how many years players can be kept, salary bumps, etc. CBS has been doing this for about 10 years already so it's very achievable technologically.

Forcing commissioners to enter (and calculate) all keeper info by hand isn't actually supporting keeper leagues - what Yahoo calls "Keeper Leagues" is really "recurring leagues", in which nothing other than team names and league settings are saved.

34th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Draft Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Dynasty Enhancements

Can we please enhance the dynasty options within Yahoo?

I do dynasty options in both baseball and football. Football is based off of salary where as baseball is based on draft picks. I understand that every league is different but my request is rather easy.

I would love if Yahoo would make it easier in the transition from one year to the next. If I look at my 2019 roster on the app, it's blank. I get it, we haven't drafted yet. But until that draft occurs, it would be helpful if the rosters weren't blank and if trading were…

673rd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Fix the Live Draft Software or Get Rid of It

Incredibly disappointed in Yahoo's auction draft software. Managers ran a little late. Paused the draft for 15 minutes to allow them to arrive. Come to find out that you cannot pause the draft again. FOR 5+ HOURS. This rendered the draft completely useless. Everyone is ready to jump platforms after this mess.

673rd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Draft Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Player avearges

Allow everyone to see this year before start of the season to see there total points from last year as well as there average points from last year.

673rd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. PLEASE change the last week of playoffs !!!

Joined a pro-league and there was no option of changing the playoff dates because it's defaulted by yahoo. So you wait until the last week of the regular season as your last week of playoffs?? This is as absurd as playing your championship fantasy football finals in week 17. PLEASE move this up at least 2 weeks for the finals to end. I won, but honestly I got lucky. I had about 10 people not start due to rest and 4 pitchers that got their start removed. It was absolutely absurd ! Thank you !!

186th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Wins + Quality Starts (W+QS)

This needs to be done. It is a simple concept.

44th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  9 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Changing the League page Theme would be nice. Yahoo has the same BORING,DULL theme for year. I suggest to add multi colors and pictures.

Yahoo needs to get more creative and step up their game when it comes to their Fantasy Baseball League page(s). Its the same boring look, every year...(White screen everywhere). Yahoo Mail has theme options, why can't we have the same? It would be great if we could be able to customize our own page with colors, pictures OR favorite team theme.
    (CBSsports has some of these options).
    2019 is coming and you guys look like you are stuck in the 90's !!!!
    LETS GET COLORFUL!

458th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Pro League Draft Times

Earlier draft times for the Pro Leagues would be great. I remember in past years, there were morning draft times available on the weekend. Evenings are better for some people, but for some 8pm draft start times and later are really tough to do. It would be great to see some morning or early afternoon options on the weekend.

575th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base