Fantasy Basketball

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please add dark background option again

Since we play this game for hours, it is best using dark background for our eyes. Many big companies including youtube turns to dark background. Please take this into consideration seriously before season begins. Thank you

292nd ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. For leagues with limited number of games, allow games not to count when a league-defined minute threshold is not reached

For leagues with limited number of games, when a player gets injured at the beginning of a game (like Oladipo) the punishment is double: you may lose a good player for future games but also you consume a game for almost nothing. So I propose that Yahoo implements a league-defined threshold for time played (e.g., a league could choose 10 or 15 min) and when a player plays (for whatever reason) less than that, then the game will not count. Also, please stop rounding-down the minutes and just round them. 25'59'' should be rounded to 26, not 25 as you…

532nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Commissioners help & more....

1. Give the Commissioner a button (Start Active Players) so they can keep dead teams competitive while replacing dead managers.

2. On team page and waiver wire, put average points per game as the 1st column . We can look at individual stats if needed. Scrolling back and forth on a pad or cell phone is tedious and makes you dizzy.

192nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Players listed as "out" should be eligible for the IL

I got crushed last week because I had three guys who missed multiple games (one as many as 4 games - Elfrid Payton), and remained listed as "out," therefore I couldn't place them on the IL. These guys are too good to drop for the extra roster spot, and I predictably ended up losing in every counting stat (I attempted more than 100 fewer FGs than my opponent).

I'm assuming Yahoo doesn't allow "out" players to be placed on the IL because the NBA doesn't allow it, but fantasy =/= real life and there are different challenges. If this were…

96th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Please fix players CURRENT rankings ! MAJOR PROBLEM

Players current rankings in both my hockey and basketball pool are set to the Pre-Season rankings. This is fine for THIS year since the season hasn't started, but if I select previous years, wether it is for Total stats or average stats, the current rankings doesn't change. That is a major problem. We should be able to see previous years' rankings (as it has always been).

For example, we can't find out which player was ranked #1 last year, we can only know what Yahoo thinks should be the #1 THIS year ..The application allows us to select previous years…

125th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Seb, thanks for reporting this. I escalated it to engineering and they will put a solution in place shortly. Good luck this season!

Yahoo Product Support

6. Standard Deviation

Standard Deviation is a great tool to determine value. However it appears that the number for Turnovers is being added into to the overall number. That makes all the high turnover guys rank higher. Please address or clarify how this is calculated.

224th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Yahoo has unfairly vetoed public pay league trades.

Yahoo should never veto a trade in a pay league unless it appears to be CLEAR collusion. I recently had a pending trade receiving Kevin Durant and giving up Josh Richardson, Steven Adams, and Kawhi Leonard. Yahoo vetoed this trade. I have been a commissioner and fantasy football sports player for two decades and this ruling is outrageous. In no circumstance do I believe this trade should be vetoed based on collusion. This could have legit pay implications to my or my trade partners team. Yahoo is messing with their customers wallets and that is dangerous. I'm extraordinarily unhappy.

We…

503rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Remaining games (projected stats) not updating - MAJOR PROBLEM is back

This problem plagued Yahoo stats for the last couple of years. When the season starts the projected stats for the remainder of the season are not updating to reflect the games that have already been played. They are frozen to what they were in the pre-season. It was fixed at some point mid season last year, but now it's back. Please fix it as soon as possible

199th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Konstantin, thanks for calling this out. I’ll pass along to engineering to get this resolved quickly. Good luck this season!

Yahoo Product Support

9. Injured list (IL) reform/guidelines

Can we have actual IL list requirements? It is very arbitrary now--
    Bledsoe gets added even though he isn't hurt.
    Beverly is out 2 games and doubtful for a 3rd straight but isn't.
    Paul is removed from IL a day before he plays so I can't add a player.
    Just have set rules like 3 straight games is auto IL. Set times players are added (like before tip off of 3rd game missed). Unless someone is ruled out "indefinitely" or has an announced season-ending injury by the team (not just random Twitter sources), there should be a policy all players…

172nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Please add back the "games played" column under the "full standings" page. This is needed for points leagues with a games cap per position

Please add back the "games played" column under the "full standings" page. This is needed for points leagues with a games cap per position. For example, we use a points league (NBA and MLB) with max games per each position. When analyzing the standings, it is vital that we know exactly how many games the other managers have played. Thank you! This option was present for as long as I can remember, but it disappeared with the new BETA version of the Full Standings page.

57th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  7 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. can we please just eliminate the TO category? replace it with AST/TO ratio.

the msg header is self explanatory. The players with high TO totals are just the players that touch the ball most. if you want to penalize REAL TO-prone players, use AST/TO ratio instead. That is a truer measure of a player's worth.

532nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Remove any mentions of "sell high", "buy low", etc. in player bios.

Remove any mentions of "sell high", "buy low", etc. in player bios. Let the user play the game and make decisions on their own based on the stats and trends. If you label a guy as "sell high" or "buy low" then the player values are immediately lowered or raised, respectively.

96th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Use the same IR+ rule you use in fantasy hockey

I have no idea how you guys decide on an INJ status. For example, Will Barton has already been out with a sprained ankle for a week and is not coming back anytime soon. He remains GTD. Other teams I am playing have players with sprained ankles with undetermined return dates yet they are INJ.

Why don't you use the IR+ rule that we have in fantasy hockey?

Players eligible for the IR+ roster spot will have the following injury designations:

Injured Reserve
    Day-to-Day
    Out
    The IR+ roster position is in addition to the current IR spot, which a player…

120th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Yahoo should be able to keep track of player salaries post auction drafts

Much to my surprise, I found out today that Yahoo doesn't keep track of player salaries post-draft. In an auction, you are given a budget to draft a team. Once that is done, you may be in a salary cap league (like myself) and can only bid on free agents using a FAAB budget up to a set amount. If the league can't keep track of the salaries, what good is it?

160th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. bring back smack talk

Did Yahoo! really get rid of Smack Talk?!!! I know it exists in the app for phones, but did they really take it away from leagues aside from that?

Way to kill all the league chatter.

146th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. No more setting lineups...

Just add 3 additional "UTIL" positions. There's not a lot of strategy for setting lineups because the NBA schedule is scattered enough that most nights you do not need to have an active player on the bench. This would get a lot more people into fantasy basketball because they would not have the complaint that they need to set their lineup every day. One could still bench a player if they wanted but if they wanted to have each of their players in an active slot, they could do that too.

503rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add the ability where in head to head weekly leagues the commish is able to open up daily subs if they have to even if it is on weekly subs.

Add the ability where in head to head weekly leagues the commish is able to open up daily subs if they have to even if it is on weekly subs.

503rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. WNBA league

If you all start up a fantasy WNBA option, I'd be the first to sign up and play it!

339th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. PRE-SEASON STATS!!!

Is there any way you can add Pre-Season stats during the Pre-Season itself. It would help track players.

292nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 5th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  26 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base