Fantasy Basketball

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Strength of Schedule (SOS)

For Head-to-Head leagues, under the "Standings", add the Strength of Schedule (SOS) column to show the difficulty or ease of a team's/person's opponent as compared to other teams/persons. This is especially important if teams in a league do not play each other the same number of times.

This column may also be used in the future as an alternative for determining which teams would be eligible for playoffs and tiebreakers.

The calculation would be SOS = 2(OR)+(OOR) / 3, where OR is the opponents' record, while OOR is the opponents' opponents record.

112th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. There should be total of 2 drafts per Season with unchanged League Standings and stats

Hello Everyone
    Since draft day is most important day of season, unsuccessful drafts cause teams suffer entire season.
    My suggestions is there should be an option for having 2 drafts per season. (One in the beginning and second draft in midseason)
    This will bring more excitement to the leagues of playing with more different players.
    For instance if your first draft pick has broken leg, your second draft would give you a second chance to stand up and compete.
    The most important condition is The league standings and stats will remain.

Any İdeas, Thanks

288th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Draft Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Additional Medals

Here are some potential additional medals/trophies, which team owners can earn during the Basketball season:

1) Quintuple-Double - A player has 10 or more units each in the following stat categories: points, rebounds, assists, steals, and blocks in a game.

2) Five-by-Five - A player has 5 or more units each in the following stat categories: points, rebounds, assists, steals, and blocks in a game.

3) Double-Doubles - A player has 10 or more units in two stat categories in a game.

4) Triple-Doubles - A player has 10 or more units in three different stat categories in a game.

153rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Fantasy Profile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Playoff Standings

Please, Please, Please can we have standings from divisions make the playoffs not the overall standings. Would love to do a east v west conference using divisions as the conference. Then the finals are the two division winners! I have been playing yahoo fantasy nba now for almost 20 years and as such have a highly competitive league. Please make this happen.

103rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Playoffs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. A 'Games Played' filter for Free Agents. Min of 3 games, 8 games, etc.

While checking average stats over, say 30 days, lots of players who played once show up who might have had really good stats. But if we could filter those out for the more consistent players.

153rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Export to Excel

You should be able to export player statistics to excel. That way we can do extra analysis on our teams.

129th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Please make it possible to delete message board posts from archived private leagues

As commissioner, I should be able to delete message board posts from historical (archived) private leagues. I currently have a few historical leagues that can be searched via Google, but i dont want those posts to be seen. Either allow me to delete those posts, or allow me to make those leagues "private". Thanks

80th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Like real NBA homecourt advantage, Higher playoff spotted teams should start with plus points

Like real NBA playoff games homecourt advantage, higher playoff spotted teams should start with plus points determined by commissioner. For instance Higher spotted teams can start 10points, 5 Rebounds 4 Assists -4 Turnovers etc. (Handicap) This should be an option for head to head leagues

162nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Playoffs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. As Starter/As Reserve Should Be Added to Player List Stat Filters

its available when you go to player profile but sortable on the player list would be a huge plus

288th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 73rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Minimum FAAB Bid Needed. $0 to acquire a player is not realistic. Players don't play for free.

Currently, free agents can be acquired for $0 during the season. This is fine for a casual league, however there needs to be a setting for a minimum bid to acquire a player for standard and more serious leagues.

Players don't play for free. There is always a league minimum for what a player gets paid to play.

Also, Yahoo currently forces a minimum of $1 for each player during the auction draft. So clearly the concept of paying players a minimum exists in Yahoo fantasy world. Why does it makes sense to make that feature for the draft and…

86th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  7 comments  ·  Waivers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow player in a trade proposition to be nominated for a waiver claim as well

As of right now, if I have a player that is included in a trade proposition from me then I can't create a waiver claim that would have me drop that same player. I don't understand why that is. I should be able to create multiple scenarios with the same player and edit their priority. Perhaps there is a low player that I want to sell high on in a packaged deal trade, but there is a waiver wire claim I would also like to explore. I should be able to propose a trade and create a waiver claim. Whether…

91st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Waivers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Be Able To Start A Live Draft on Commissioner's Command

Similar to a waiting room in a mock draft, you go into the live draft and you (the commissioner) wait for your other members to join. Once they are all in, the commissioner clicks "START" and the live draft starts

66th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Draft Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Donovan Mitchell should have PG eligibility in Fantasy Basketball

There is breaking news today about him playing backup PG but he is only eligible for SG at the moment.

525th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. In keepers league/auction draft. it should be made possible to trade for auction money

In keepers leagues/auction drafts. We should be giving the option to trade for auction money. For the upcoming season.
    We are able to trade for draft picks. But in auctions there is no picks. It would be great to be able to trade money

162nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Draft Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Gains and Losses in Roto League Standings.

HI Yahoo,

I'm is a Roto league and i tend to check the standings daily and i tend to know in which category i gained and what i lost based off of memory

However, i think it would be a good idea for you to some how indicate in which categories we gained/loss in the standings daily similar to what is shown in the stattracker. Saves everyone from working it out in your head.

a simple 'up arrow' or 'down arrow' with 1,2 3 etc... would be nice.

Thanks

78th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Chat feature in StatTracker

Be able to chat with whoever else is online on StatTracker in your league.

31st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Matchup Totals - Should be able to see FG and FT Totals not just %

There should an ability for users to see team totals for FGs/FG Attempts and FTs/FT attempts.

87th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Please list the Players by their full first names and not their first name initial....

I have been downloading your data onto a spreadsheet for years.....I have it all sorted by name....now I have to sort it differently for the first time and it is causing me great concern!....

61st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  14 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow the commissioners in cash leagues the ability to disable consolation brackets

The option to lock eliminated teams in the playoffs doesn't work in cash leagues. It is pointless to give the commissioners of cash leagues the option to lock eliminated teams if it doesn't work. Please honor cash league commissioners request to lock eliminated teams from the playoffs.

Eliminated players participating in the consolation bracket should not be able to make waiver claims or add/drop players. The ONLY players who should be allowed to make waiver claims or add/drop players are the players who are still in contention to win the championship. That is, after all, WHY WE PLAY THE GAME!…

699th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Playoffs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base