Fantasy Football

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. WHY?? NO MORE CONSOLATION BRACKET: 16-TEAM LEAGUE

My 16-team keeper league just got screwed by a poor decision made by Yahoo Fantasy football staff.

For the past 5+ years, my league has had 8 teams make the playoff bracket and 8 teams slotted into a consolation bracket. To fight against late season tanking and to keep every week competitive....for the teams that will not make the playoffs, the consolation bracket was used to determine draft order for the following year.

Example: if you win the consolation bracket, you win the first overall draft pick the following year. If you lose in the consolation final, you get 2nd…

216th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Playoffs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Provide clinching scenarios for teams in the hunt for playoff spots

I'm trying to rally for a playoff spot in my league, it would be awesome if yahoo did the math for me to see who has to win/lose and how that impacts others.

201st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Playoffs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 6 team playoff (includes a consolation bracket)

To be consistent with the default playoff scheme, which Baseball, Basketball, and Hockey uses, Football should use the following, instead of the 4 team playoff (includes a consolation bracket):

The top 6 teams in the league standings after the last week of the Fantasy regular season qualify for a 3-week postseason tournament to determine a league champion.

The next 6 teams in the standings qualify for a consolation bracket to determine 7th through 12th place. The season is over for everyone else.

Teams - 6 championship, 6 consolation
    Playoff Weeks - 2 options:
    Weeks 14, 15, and 16
    Weeks 15,…

277th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Playoffs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Week 17 Pro Bowl

Give a league option to have a pro bowl on week 17. After the champion is crowned in week 16, you have a league wide game to see who scores the most points in week 17. High score wins the pro bowl.

277th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Playoffs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 2 week finals for week 16 and week 17

Please allow leagues to have the option of having a 2 wk final (wk16 and wk17). Preferably a scenario in which it is a 12 team league with 6 playoff teams, top 2 get a bye and playoffs starting in wk 14. For our league, we would prefer a wk16 and wk17 finals because we believe it brings relevance to week 17. By forcing the championship general managers to scramble for players to fill their roster that have players resting on week 17 in preparation for real time playoffs, this may represent aspects of skilled general manager maneuverings in less…

347th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Two-week Championship

Was looking for fantasy hockey engineering forum but alas.
    Can we please adjust our playoff settings to create a two-week championship round (combining weeks 23 and 24)?
    There is no option to do this despite popular support. Why?

277th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Playoffs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Customize consolation matchups...

I want the ability to make the 11-12th place players play each other in a 3 week playoff

347th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Playoffs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. H2H Regular Season, Points playoffs

H2H is way more fun for regular season, but I would like to make playoffs points-based. Instead of H2H matchups, the teams in the quarters and semis face everyone and the top scoring half of teams move on to the following round (4 move on from quarterfinals and 2 move on from semifinals). Simple feature to add, and it's more fair.

347th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Playoffs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Expand playoff participants

In 14 team leagues, allow all teams not in the winners bracket to participate in the consolation bracket. 6 & 8 instead of 6, 6, and 2 automatically out

493rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Playoff time!

When it comes time for playoffs, you should dress the site a lot more for the contenders. Give it an intense, more exicting look. Add some art, regular season h2h match up summaries, etc. to the Match Up page. More graphics or something on the League page as well.

IT'S THE F'N PLAYOFFS!!

I'd love to work for yahoo fantasy if you take this idea.

Thanks.
    Sammy Lin

493rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow commissioners to edit entire playoff brackets, winners and consolation brackets

This suggestion is mostly for consolation brackets. Right now, in a 12 team league with top 6 seeds making the winners bracket, seeds 7 and 8 get byes in the first round of the consolation bracket. They are then set up to face the winners of the 9/12 and 10/11 matchups.

This essentially eliminates seeds 7 and 8 from losing the consolation bracket and coming in dead last. In leagues where the person in last place has a "punishment" for losing it basically makes it so that two teams check

370th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Playoffs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Adding the Option for 2 Wins Per Week

Can you please add a Fantasy Football setting for leagues to allow multiple wins per week: 1 win for winning your head-to-head matchup and 1 win for finishing in the top half of the league in scoring.

Therefore, each week, every manager can go 0-2, 1-1 or 2-0.

370th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Can Playoffs become available from week 12?

Our workplace breaks for the holidays after week 13 of the NFL season. Under current playoffs schedule, the winner is determined on Christmas Day (in Australia) and no one cares.

I'd love to be able to start playoffs in week 12 and conclude them in week 13. ESPN allows this, but would prefer the yahoo platform for our work league

312th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Playoff formats

Please make playoff formats totally customizable.
    As it is now in our 12 team league we run a 2 tier top 8 & 4bottom playoff in weeks 14-15-16; but have to tell the yahoo website "no playoffs" to fool the system and reset the pairings & waivers each 3 weeks, and send out our own email grid of where we are to each owner. At least make the standings rewritable each week like the game pairings and waivers are now

493rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Custom Playoffs

If playing with divisions and bye weeks, should be able to have the first round split by division with the top division winners getting the bye. This way rounds 1 & 2 you are playing for your division Title and then you Play the Other Division for the Overall Championship.
    Don't just make the Division Winners Top seeded and then everyone else by record.

This will make more like NFL.

312th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Offer a fully customizable post season league for weeks 18 through 21

Offer a fully customizable post season league for weeks 18 through 21. The league I've been hosting on a different site is a points only league consisting of 8 roster spots and no salary cap. Any participant can choose any player they prefer multiple times through weeks 18 through 21. The participant with the most points at the end wins.

312th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 8 Team Consolation

I run a 14 team league, and I would love to have the option for a 6 team Playoff Bracket and an EIGHT team Consolation Bracket. Yahoo! currently only offers a 6 team Playoff Bracket and a 6 team Consolation Bracket.

421st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Playoff Week 14, 15, 16 (4 Teams)

Week 15 and 16 would be a 2 week championship. 4 teams make it in a 10 team league. Need more flexibility scheduling the playoffs.

531st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 493rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Mixed Playoff Format Option (single elim + 2 wk final)

I'd like to have the option to start the playoffs with single elimination then have a 2 week final. Unlike some, I wouldn't want the finals to last through week 17, that's dumb. I'd want the finals to last through week's 15 & 16. The playoffs would obviously have to begin a week sooner. If 4 teams qualify, the playoffs begin in week 14. The max playoff allotment would be 6 teams with #1's getting a first rd bye and the playoffs beginning in wk 13. It's something different...

531st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Playoffs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base