Fantasy Football

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Playoff Free for All

We'd like to add a feature where leagues can elect that playoffs teams all go against each other and top top half of points scorers advance each week. So it would look like this in a 12 team format:

Regular Season: head- to- head matchups: the 8 Best head to head records make the playoffs

Week 14: top 4 Point scoring teams of the 8 playoffs teams that week advance to week 15
    Week 15: top 2 scoring teams advance to the championship
    Week 16: traditional head-to- head championship matchup

There would be constant lead changes to advance and it…

531st ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Playoffs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. All play record as a wild card and playoff spot tiebreaker criteria

Enable "All Play Record" as a wild card determiner. You already track a teams 'all play record' and report it, at least on a single week basis. My league has voted that this is our preferred metric for establishing wild card births into the playoffs. At the moment, as commissioner, I track that independently and will use the alter playoff seeding manually if needed this year, but it would be terrific to have this automated and reported as part of the league standings.

531st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Playoffs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Playoff Tiebreakers and Post season setup

Why do we have to go through leaps and bounds to set the playoffs for our league? I have three Suggestions
    1. head to head tiebreaker should be bench points. this clearly makes more sense I dont understand how this is not an option.
    2. Why is the consolation bracket locked so all teams have a bye, again let us decide our fantasy playoff brackets

531st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Playoffs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. New playoff option

My buddy played in an ESPN league with this playoff setup and Id like yahoo to allow for this option as well.

How I want to do it is week 15 the semi finals, week 16/17 part 1 and part 2 of the finals. What do you think about that?? Even if you don't like it shouldn't we at least have the option so people who do like it can choose it?

421st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Playoffs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 10 Team Playoffs for 16 team leagues

I run a 14 team league and we are adding 2 more teams. With 16 teams we want to have a 10 team playoffs. Teams 1-6 are automatically in the 2nd round while teams 7-10 play in a "wild card" round. We think it is the perfect option as 8 teams doesn't seem like enough. I have looked and ESPN offers this option, we have always been Yahoo and we prefer the Yahoo user interface but will make the switch if this option isn't created

652nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Playoffs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Improve options for consolation

Most leagues like to have some kind of consolation bracket or competition for those who don't make the playoffs. The 6-team bracket is limited to only the leagues that fit that size.

You should be able to choose the option of having a consolation bracket with 4-8 teams (3 weeks max). Currently, unless you have 6 teams in the bracket, Yahoo doesn't even track these consolation scores anywhere besides the specific teams page. I had to create a scoring chart offline to keep them involved.

Additionally, you could offer an "all play" option for the consolation as well, where those…

652nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Playoffs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Please add playoff options. Each round lasts 2 weeks long, with combined score determining the winner. Weeks 13-14 semls, then 15-16 finals

We would like to bring our league to yahoo, but need this playoff setup as an option. Each playoff round lasting 2 weeks and you add each teams points up to determine the winner.

We use Weeks 13-14 for the semi-finals and Weeks 15-16 for the finals. It really adds to the drama as each round lasts longer and give a better chance for the best team to advance.

652nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Playoffs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 930th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 3 team playoff option

Can you please add a playoff option where 3 teams make the playoffs with the 1st seed getting a bye in week 15 and the 2nd and 3rd seeds playing each other in week 15 for the right to play the 1st seed in week 16?

This would be good for leagues that want to have some playoffs, but want to limit the number of teams in the playoffs as well as give a reward to the regular season champion

652nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. IF YOU ARE OUT OF THE PLAYOFFS YOU SHOULD NOT BE ABLE TO PICK UP PLAYERS

IF YOU ARE OUT OF THE PLAYOFFS YOU SHOULD NOT BE ABLE TO PICK UP PLAYERS, IT IS NOT FAIR TO THE TEAMS THAT ARE PLAYING FOR MONEY

652nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Playoffs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Pro League Consolation Bracket

Why doesn't Yahoo include some kind of "reward" for consolation brackets in public leagues?

Like change the payout to allow the consolation winner to make their money back or half their money or give them a voucher to sign up for a league next year for free.

Seems pointless.

930th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Tiebreaker is supposed to be Head to Head season record, but 4th seed went to highest scoring. Need HELP ASAP

Our league is supposed to be head to head season record tie-breaker. 3 teams finshed 8-6. 4th seed went to highest scoring instead of the team that won their regular season matchup by 90 points. Need help changing playoff seeding in our league

930th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Playoffs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Let us unlock schedules in the playoffs

Not having control really sucks.

930th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 8 team Playoff with Consolation Bracket

I run a 12 team league with an 8 team playoff however for the 4 unlucky members there season ends after week 12. I think it would be a good idea to have the option for a 4 team consolation bracket extending their seasons two more weeks so they are still engaged for the rest of the season.

652nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Commisioner power!

You need to give the commissioner a lot more power! I can't stand how the entire consolation bracket has a bye in week 14. I'd rather have them start in 14 and be finished after week 15. Also you need way more options for tie breakers. Division record should not matter more than high score overall. Also high score should not matter more than head to head match up if it's in different divisions. The way yahoo does this is so messed up. Also I've been saying this for years. You need fractional points for field goals! Come on YAHOO.

652nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Consolation Bracket Edits

Currently my league has 14 teams and 6 of them make the playoffs. However because of that the consolation bracket also only has 6 teams, forcing two teams to sit out.

930th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Remove first week bye?

Is it possible to remove the first week bye option? I have a 10 team league and would like the 1 seed playing the 6 and so on. Not sure if it’s already an option but I didn’t see anything.

930th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 14 team league. 6 play for championship, bottom 4 play for a last place prize

we have a 14 team league. our top six play for the championship and the rules are just fine for that format. our bottom 4 also play for a last place prize but yahoo doesnt support this.
    playing for a last place trophy is now much more common place but allowing the bottom 8 teams to be split into 2 separate brackets isnt supported by yahoo fantasy.
    either allowing us to choose the matches every week for all 3 playoff weeks or creating 2 separate consolation brackets would help solve this.

( week 14 11th plays 14th / 12th plays…

652nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Can I have the top four seeds at the end of the season have a two week playoff system based on scoring vs head to head?

In our league we would like to keep head to head during the regular season but make it a two week playoff based on points alone. This will eliminate a team being penalized for having a bad fist round of the payoffs. Also eliminating a scenario where one team makes it to the Super Bowl winning 80-72 vs the other game finishing 156-142. Its not fair that a team who scores 142 gets eliminated and a team that scores 82 advances to the Super Bowl. Can this be done now with the Reseeding Option or do you have to go…

930th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Season Length in Non-Playoff leagues - CHANGE TO END IN WEEK 16!

Yahoo needs to allow leagues that do not use playoffs (just head to head or points only) to edit season length to week 16. There is no point for leagues to go to Week 17 when NFL teams are sitting starters. This seems simple considering leagues that use Playoffs end in week 15 or 16 anyways. Why would leagues that do not use playoffs not have the same ending week??

652nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base