Fantasy Football

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow Best Ball Scoring

Give leagues the ability to use Best Ball Scoring. (Start your optimal lineup) This way you are allowed to set up Draft Only Best Ball leagues. There are other websites that offer them but would enjoy being able to use the Yahoo Fantasy App for that type of league.

58th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. On side kick recovery scoring option for Defense/Special Teams

Have the option to add points for a on-side kick recovery for Special teams as that is an important play if recovered

169th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. DST and/or Kicker designation changes...

I have long hoped for ways to further customize fantasy leagues to add more interest, intrigue and strategy to the way owners can approach their matchups week to week.

One idea that I would love to see implemented some day would be for there to be a DSTK position or a DST position with a check box saying "track kicker stats" next to it.

This simple change could bring about many variables to how commissioners can lock in mandatory Roster positions that will impact how owners approach the draft, trades, waiver moves and setting their starting lineup week to week.

273rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Rob, thanks very much for your feedback, certainly an interesting idea. I’ll pass it along to our product managers to investigate feasibility. Good luck this season!

Yahoo Product Support

4. Add 60+ yard field goals as a separate scoring catagory

Add 60+ yard field goals as a separate scoring category. 60+ is certainly deserving of more points than a 50 yard field goal. why does field goal points stop at 50+ when 60+ yard field goals are possible and quite an elite achievement by a kicker

157th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. For next years football game for a scoring stat can receivers/quarterbacks get points for drawing/throwing a

A WR should get at least a point for drawing a Pass Interference. A QB can get some fraction of a point. When a PI occurs those positions get robbed of potential points. The league commish should be able to assign a point value based on the yardage length of the PI.

222nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. New D/ST scoring opportunity. Punts inside the 5.

We should have the option to award points to D/ST for pinning the offence inside the 5 yard line on a punt.

The ST stands for special teams, right? Punt returns can count for points, why not punts?

23rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  40 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Points bonus for cumulative receiving/ rushing yards

Our league has bonus qualifiers for receiving yards (at 100/150/200 yards) & rushing yards (at 100/150/200). Would it be possible to create a bonus qualifier for cumulative receiving/rushing yards? i.e. a running back has 50 receiving yards and 50 rushing yards for a total of 100 total yards, therefore receiving the bonus points.

199th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 554th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Full Season (Including Playoffs) Total Point Scoring

When using the head-to-head matchups format, Yahoo stops calculating total points for each team after the the final week of play, before playoffs begin. Since you continue to calculate points for each team when determining who advances in the playoffs, it would be ideal to add those points in the standings, even if it's a different standings screen, so each league can show the total points scored for a full season of games (inclusive of playoffs).

509th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Strength of Schedule (SOS)

For Head-to-Head leagues, under the "Standings", add the Strength of Schedule (SOS) column to show the difficulty or ease of a team's/person's opponent as compared to other teams/persons. This is especially important if teams in a league do not play each other the same number of times.

This column may also be used in the future as an alternative for determining which teams would be eligible for playoffs and tiebreakers.

The calculation would be SOS = 2(OR)+(OOR) / 3, where OR is the opponents' record, while OOR is the opponents' opponents record.

136th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. A better Points League format for Fantasy Football

The Points scoring format could so much better than it is. I have an idea for a truly great alternative to H2H formats.

It's very similar to the Roto format from fantasy basketball. Instead of H2H matchups, everyone is fighting to be the top scorer every week against everyone else, but you get points based on where you ranked that week. For example, in a 10 team league the highest scorer gets 10 points, 2nd highest gets 9, 3rd highest gets 8, etc. Lowest scorer in a given week gets 1 point. These points determine league standings.

Overall fantasy totals…

365th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Make Kickers more exciting by adding scoring elements

1. Each Touchback. Give them a point. Not a huge play, but it's nice not to worry about the return, as always for any team.

2. Game-Winning field goal (doubler?) (if is last score resulting in win).

3. Kicker makes tackle. That could be tough on Yahoo's data collection system, but boy is that a critical play. Kicker probably just saved the team the TD. Worth at least 3-4 points.

4. Onside Kick Successful. Worth at least as much as a fumble recovery, 3-4 points.

109th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  9 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Update Stat corrections in scores the next day....

I received an email yesterday (Wednesday) that I won week 1 with a recap email and this morning (Thursday) I show that I actually lost. The scoring corrections are fine but don't wait until the the next football week to update the scores and not notify the the two teams involved.

C'mon man....

176th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Fumble 6

I think there should be a "Fumble 6" option, similar to a "Pick 6". So, if your player fumbles, and that fumble is returned for a touchdown, he gets more negative points.

Thank you and have a wonderful day.

365th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Positional Rankings

Not having positional rankings dilutes the entire ranking experience. I have never found a time where total rankings are helpful in running my team or managing the waiver wire. As FFL owners, we don't make comparisons between positions, only between players of a particular position. At least consider using both total rankings and positional rankings.

365th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. DST consistant scoring

A few years ago I lost on a scoring correction. What happened was I owned the Saints Def. Drew Brees threw an interception, on the INT return there was a fumble and the Saints recovered it. At first my def got the points for the turnover recovery, but it was later corrected. The reason I didn't get the points, per Yahoo, was because my defense was not on the field at the time. I disagreed with the logic, as I felt once the int was thrown the saints become defense-tackle points would go to offensive players back in the day…

888th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Individual position scoring

We do 1.5 PPR for TE specifically with other positions being 1 PPR but this had to be done manually. Can we add a feature to change scoring per position?

888th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. More options with Type of Scoring

You need to add an option where the top 5 teams as far as points scored in a give week receive a Win and the bottom 5 teams receive a Loss. You could also add an element where you still go head to head for 1 W/L and then receive another 1 W/L with the top 5 scoring. So if there is a matchup with the 2 lowest scores the teams will end up being 1-1 and 0-2 for the week. Every other site has this I am surprised Yahoo doesn't - please implement!!!!

162nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Defensive scoring

In our league (Buffalo Bills Backers) we have a system that rewards the defensive team as the following: 200-299 yards allowed gets you 6 pts.; 300-399 gets you 3 pts.; 400-499 gets you 0 pts.; and 500 or more gets you -5 pts. That's fair but it doesn't account for a defensive team which holds an opponent from 0-99 yds., nor 100-199 yds. That's totally unfair. In fact 3 teams in our league last week did just that and weren't rewarded at all!!!!!!! With the above examples of multiples of 3 they should have gotten 9 pts. for 100-199 and…

888th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. If the settings do not award points to individual players for Special Teams, they should not be penalized for fumbles.

Our league does not award points to individual players for special teams, but Yahoo does not differentiate between special teams fumbles and any other fumble. For example, in week of 2017, Jamison Crowder fumbled a punt and was assessed -2.

323rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base