Fantasy Football

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Totally customizable playoff formats

There absolutely needs to be the ability to create a totally customized playoff format. Our league went to 14 teams this year and it created several issues with playoffs, due to the limited options that yahoo allows. It shouldn't be very hard to allow commissioners total control for playoff brackets, allowing byes where an odd number of teams enter or continue in the playoffs. Other sites have these options and yahoo needs to keep up. I know we're not the only ones who are a bit salty about this. We want to come back next year, but you need to…

1st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Gathering feedback  ·  355 comments  ·  Playoffs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Commissioners need the ability to adjust playoff brackets based on our own tiebreakers

We have 2 divisions of 5...Firemen vs Cops....Top seed each division gets bye. 2vs 3 in week 14 on each side....week 15 winner of 2vs 3 plays #1 seed. week 16 its 1 cop vs 1 fireman for the title and a 3rd place game. No way to set this up under Yahoo's settings. I wouldn';t think it would be that hard to allow commish control the change playoff settings

37th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  27 comments  ·  Playoffs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Consolation Bracket

In our (12 team) league, we punish the last place team. Besides that, positions 7-11 don't really matter. Can we get the option to make the consolation bracket (or losers bracket) determine the last place team? Something that would make the losers advance? The champion and the loser will be determined the same week.

45th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Playoffs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Create the option to allow two-week playoff matchups

ESPN (among many other sites) offers an option where playoff matchups can last two weeks instead of 1, and the cumulative score after both weeks determines the winner.

52nd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Playoffs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow for two different leagues, upon concurrence,to face off in week 17.

Please allow, with league commissioner concurrence, two different leagues play for a championship in week 17. I've got 20+ friends that want to play FF. If love to be able to have two different leagues (kind of like conferences) that watch each other's performance all year and then play for a week 17 championship. 20 teams in one league is just too many. Please help

61st ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  13 comments  ·  Playoffs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add options for Fantasy Playoffs

Specifically in leagues with divisions, allow the option to have each division have its own seeds. This will allow leagues to mimic the real NFL and how the NFL has its conference champions face each other in the SuperBowl. Please see below and I will explain in detail how this would work.

2 Divisions in a 12 team league:
    -Each division (6 teams) has the top 3 teams make the playoffs
    -The top 3 teams in both division are assigned numbers 1 thru 3 seeds
    -The 4, 5, and 6 seeds for both divisions make up the consolation bracket.
    -In…

75th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Playoffs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Make the consolation bracket optional!

I run a 10 team league with a 4 team playoff. We would like to turn off the consolation bracket due to there not being any value playing for 5th place. Most teams don't try these weeks and since we draft in the opposite order of how we finish teams usually try to lose to improve there draft position for the next year. Just give us the option to turn it off, other leagues my want to keep it. What's so difficult about this???

92nd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  11 comments  ·  Playoffs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow commissioner customization EVERY week of playoffs

I have Toilet Bowl brackets for both leagues I'm in. The loser advances each week instead of the winner. Loser of the final game "wins" the toilet bowl trophy. Yahoo only allows the winner to advance, so the managers are required to email me their rosters. I'm glad I can customize the 1st week now, but why can't Yahoo allow customization during the entire playoffs so I can edit who advances each week.

94th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Playoffs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Cameron. we very much appreciate your feedback as we’re focused on providing the best Fantasy Sports experience for our users. Our product and engineering teams are aware of the request and are investigating the feasibility of adding further customization to your playoff brackets.

Good luck the rest of the season!

Yahoo Product Support

9. Consolation Playoffs for leagues with 8 team playoffs.

I can only set the commish tools to allow for a consolation round if the playoffs are set for 6 players? This is the league's first year on yahoo and this is throwing our members into fits as this has impact on how we set our next year's draft order. Is there any way to have this added in? On a semi-urgent basis (insert concerned looking commish emoji here)

100th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Playoffs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 2-week Playoff Matches

For all playoff matches, there should be an option for them to be 2-weeks long. This would ensure a game wasn't just a one-time win. ESPN has this option and it works very well.

103rd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Playoffs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 7 Teams making the playoffs option in 14 team league (50% of the league) 1st place gets bye week 14.

We play in a 14 team league and would like the option for 7 teams to make the playoffs. It would function exactly like an 8 team playoff format, except the 1st place team after regular season gets a bye in week 14. It is simple, easy to put in place, and allows a 14 team league to simulate a 12 team league where 50% make the playoffs.

121st ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Playoffs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey everyone, thanks very much for your feedback. Our product and engineering teams hear our users’ requests for more playoff customization options loud and clear. The team is investigating how feasible they are and will add to the roadmap accordingly. Good luck this season!

Yahoo Product Support

12. Total Points needs more value

As the commissioner of my league for the last five years I am constantly looking to improve our league to make it more competitive and more fun. I believe that win loss record should not be the only way to determine playoff seedings, and league standings. Points For is the best indicator to show how well the team is done not Just win loss. I would like to see Yahoo To allow customized playoff seeding by allowing the commissioner to rank teams according to their total points for. It a 10 man league I would propose that three playoff seeding…

121st ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  4 comments  ·  Playoffs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Fantasy Football Playoff FORMAT CUSTOMIZATION

Need the ability to be able to customize the playoff FORMAT beyond the number of teams and reseeding. I.E. The ability to have multi-week playoff matchups (semis head-to-head matchup for both week 13 and 14 then championship is weeks 15 and 16) or even the ability in a 6 team playoff structure for the top 4 high scores for the first week advance to the semis then the top 2 scores in the semis advance to the championship. Really any additional customization ability in the playoffs would be GREAT. Thanks.

127th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Playoffs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Manual Playoff Seeding for Each Round

Our league is considering a rule change to do manual seeding of the playoffs this year for each round as we want to allow the highest seed in each round to pick their opponents of that specific round.

1) 3 Seed picks between 4-6 for first round
    2) 1 Seed picks between the two winners of the first round

127th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Playoffs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Expand amount of teams in the playoffs

Expand total amount of teams that can make the playoffs.
    Example: 12 or 16 teams over four weeks (weeks 13-16).

Nice option for big leagues.

ESPN already does this.

173rd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow playoff matchups to be edited after the playoffs begin.

I'd like to be able to manually change matchups during the fantasy playoffs. This would allow me to have a consolation tournament take place for the Bottom 4 teams, and would include losers from Round 1 of the playoffs.

181st ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Playoffs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Provide clinching scenarios for teams in the hunt for playoff spots

I'm trying to rally for a playoff spot in my league, it would be awesome if yahoo did the math for me to see who has to win/lose and how that impacts others.

199th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Playoffs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Let us disable the consolation bracket in fantasy playoffs

I know many people enjoy the consolation bracket in the playoffs, but no one in my league pays attention to these games or cares about them. All they do is mess things up. Please give us the option to turn the consolation bracket off!

There are two main benefits:

1. This will make the "lock eliminated teams" feature more effective (right now it's basically useless because it lets managers in the consolation playoffs continue to make waiver moves, which is not what most commissioners intend when they use this feature)

2. It will prevent meaningless consolation games from determining the…

212th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. WHY?? NO MORE CONSOLATION BRACKET: 16-TEAM LEAGUE

My 16-team keeper league just got screwed by a poor decision made by Yahoo Fantasy football staff.

For the past 5+ years, my league has had 8 teams make the playoff bracket and 8 teams slotted into a consolation bracket. To fight against late season tanking and to keep every week competitive....for the teams that will not make the playoffs, the consolation bracket was used to determine draft order for the following year.

Example: if you win the consolation bracket, you win the first overall draft pick the following year. If you lose in the consolation final, you get 2nd…

212th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Playoffs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. The comissioners should be able to customize every round of the playoffs.

Commissioners should be able to adjust every round of the playoffs. We have the eliminated teams play for draft positions. We also have divisions throughout, not seeding teams based on points.

236th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Playoffs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base