Fantasy Football

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we make Fantasy Football better?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Kicker's Lives Matter - fractional points and 60+ yard fgs

It is silly that every other player in fantasy score points using the decimal system. A 49 yard field goal should net a kicker 4.9 points. And it's blasphemous that the kicker cloud nine that is a 60 yard field goal does not net 6 points. When will this nation realize that Kickers too are real people and their lives/points matter. Let's work together to make these necessary changes to give Kickers the rights they have always deserved.

Problem: Kickers are unfairly discriminated against via yards/points.

Solution: All field goals are a minimum of 3 points, and all subsequent yards…

11th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Gathering feedback  ·  119 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Positional Specific Scoring Options

As several other posts here have stated, Yahoo does have some great custom scoring options.

However, In the interest of creating better Equivalent Positional Value, I'd like to see the ability to add position specific scoring options. For instance: the ability to score QB/RB/WR/TE rushing, receiving, and passing yards separately or, more importantly, independent of each other. With such scoring a QB's rushing yards (or any other relevant stat) could be adjusted to be more/less than say the points earned by a RB.

The thought with having these options would be to create a more balanced scoring system, which would…

22nd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  14 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. New D/ST scoring opportunity. Punts inside the 5.

We should have the option to award points to D/ST for pinning the offence inside the 5 yard line on a punt.

The ST stands for special teams, right? Punt returns can count for points, why not punts?

23rd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  40 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Decimal point scoring for kickers

Please allow decimal point scoring for kickers. If a 39-yd rush is awarded more than a 31-yd rush, the same should be true for kicks. At least make this an option for commissioners.

30th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  14 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. fractional defense yards allowed

Like ESPN, Yahoo should have a fractional option for defensive yards allowed...simple as that. A lot of people don't like tier defensive points and go to ESPN because of it but I really want to stay with Yahoo.

35th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  7 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Two Game Week

Every week you have a chance to get two wins:

1. Against your H2H opponents
    2. Your points rank within the league (i.e., 12-team league, top 6 scoring teams get a win, bottom 6 receive a loss)

This will help mitigate some of the luck inherent in a H2H league, while still allowing the fun and excitement of H2H.

38th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  30 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Please allow for fractional kicker points

Allow for Commissioner tools to enable function for fractional kicker points. A 31 yard field goal worth 3.1, a 46 yard field goal worth 4.6.

All other positions are allowed fractional points. Would be beneficial to allow fair scoring across the board.

Thanks.

50th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow Best Ball Scoring

Give leagues the ability to use Best Ball Scoring. (Start your optimal lineup) This way you are allowed to set up Draft Only Best Ball leagues. There are other websites that offer them but would enjoy being able to use the Yahoo Fantasy App for that type of league.

52nd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow Football team managers pick a bench player on their roster for each position that automatically gets subbed into the lineup if injury

Allow Football team managers pick a bench player on their roster for each position that automatically gets subbed into the lineup if the starter gets injured during his real game....so that position can still accumulate points! i.e. QB Aaron Rogers gets injured, then my backup QB gets inserted into my fantasy lineup so i can still get points for that position

75th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  10 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. having a stat correction 3 days later is ********. All stats or scores should be finalized no later than tuesday morning.

Stat corrections should be final no later than Tuesday mornings. Getting a stat correction on a Thursday afternoon, effectively costing me and many others a win is inexcusable. This could cost someone a spot in the playoffs. Or put someone who was knocked out of playoffs into the final spot. And if they missed the waiver wire because yahoo showed they didn't make the playoffs, that screws them once again.

90th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Make Kickers more exciting by adding scoring elements

1. Each Touchback. Give them a point. Not a huge play, but it's nice not to worry about the return, as always for any team.

2. Game-Winning field goal (doubler?) (if is last score resulting in win).

3. Kicker makes tackle. That could be tough on Yahoo's data collection system, but boy is that a critical play. Kicker probably just saved the team the TD. Worth at least 3-4 points.

4. Onside Kick Successful. Worth at least as much as a fumble recovery, 3-4 points.

95th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  8 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Alternative Scoring Format Excluding Arbitrary Schedule (NOT ROTO!!!)

I would like to see a format of scoring that eliminates the arbitrary schedule. In a 12-team league with playoffs, our league essentially has 13 weeks of head-to-head matchups. The last two weeks are played against previous opponents for the second time. If the arbitrary schedule has selected your team to go against the 'best' teams in the league, you are at a major disadvantage.

Further, if you put up the second most points in a week, but are pitted against the top overall scorer, your record would be equivalent to the worst-performing team. I don't mind this in sports…

98th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Head to head vs. each team in league

Provide an additional head-to-head option where you play against each time in the league, if you have lowest score you would be 0-9 that week, best score 9-0, etc.

105th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Fractional scoring for field goals, awarding points for the precise yardage of each FG.

Each field goal kicked would yield the precise number points for the yardage. Example: a 36 yard field goal would be worth 3.6 points; a 66 yard field goal would be worth 6.6.

This would be very, very easy to implement. And all commissioners could be given the option to utilize fractional scoring or the old system.

107th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Victory Points option

I think yahoo should add a victory points option. The way it works in H2H leagues, you play your H2H matchup and that's a win or a loss. (1-0) then your score is compared to the rest of the league, if you are in the top half of scoring you get another "win" if its the bottom half you get a loss. So every week there is 2 games. So you can be 2-0, 1-1, 0-2, on any given week. This helps reduce the luck of H2H schedules. It's funny to read how I am 6-4 but if I have…

107th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Custom scoring option for Fake FG and Fake Punt TD on Def/Special Teams

My league believes a Def should get the option to get 6 pts for a fake FG or Punt that goes for a TD. The option should be given as it makes those plays much more meaningful and it happens when. SPECIAL TEAMS units are on the field.

116th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. A more exciting type of Points League

The Points scoring format could so much better than it is. I have an idea for a truly great alternative to H2H formats.

It's very similar to the Roto format from fantasy basketball. Instead of H2H matchups, everyone is fighting to be the top scorer every week against everyone else, but you get points based on where you ranked that week. For example, in a 10 team league the highest scorer gets 10 points, 2nd highest gets 9, 3rd highest gets 8, etc. Lowest scorer in a given week gets 1 point. These points determine league standings.

Overall fantasy totals…

136th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Strength of Schedule (SOS)

For Head-to-Head leagues, under the "Standings", add the Strength of Schedule (SOS) column to show the difficulty or ease of a team's/person's opponent as compared to other teams/persons. This is especially important if teams in a league do not play each other the same number of times.

This column may also be used in the future as an alternative for determining which teams would be eligible for playoffs and tiebreakers.

The calculation would be SOS = 2(OR)+(OOR) / 3, where OR is the opponents' record, while OOR is the opponents' opponents record.

140th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Fractional Points for Field Goals

Clearly, there needs to be fractional points for kicking. It's criminal that kickers can bang through 5 FG's, but not get the fractional points they deserve. A field goal should be at minimum 3 points. starting from 31 yards, they should then go up in value, i.e. 3.1 pts for a 31 yarder, 5.2 for a 52 yarder. and there should be an option for 60+ yarders, considering that while they don't happen that often, should be recognized. could help steal a game for someone that would have otherwise lost. kickers are often over-looked, and thought of as not a…

154th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. More options with Type of Scoring

You need to add an option where the top 5 teams as far as points scored in a give week receive a Win and the bottom 5 teams receive a Loss. You could also add an element where you still go head to head for 1 W/L and then receive another 1 W/L with the top 5 scoring. So if there is a matchup with the 2 lowest scores the teams will end up being 1-1 and 0-2 for the week. Every other site has this I am surprised Yahoo doesn't - please implement!!!!

159th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9
  • Don't see your idea?

Fantasy Football

Feedback and Knowledge Base