How can we make Fantasy Football better?

Mix Daily Fantasy and the Traditional League

Mix Daily Fantasy and the Traditional League
The league concept is essentially the same with 12 teams playing each other all season, nothing changes here…but my suggestion would be to integrate the daily fantasy model into this set up. Every team would have a budget and that team would have to “field a team” based on the that budget. Then the 12 teams would play each other as usual, with the same schedule and playoffs etc. So, there would be no drafting at the beginning of the season just a league set up and an established weekly budget for each team. The budget could be set by DraftKings or Yahoo or any other daily fantasy site. I think people would really like this concept, there is no need for a waiver wire, there is no need for a draft, there is no need for teams getting blown up over injuries, there is no need for trades for that matter, just who can field the best team based on a budget each week.

120th ranked
Vote
Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Brandon shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Scott Steward commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would like to start a league following Yahoo traditional fantasy football. A number of players who play head to head match ups each week, but with the ability to draft players weekly under daily fantasy scoring rules.

• Robert Arenas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the same idea as well and found this forum and saw that there are others who are thinking the samething hahaha. My friends and are going to setup a 10 team league this season and what i'm going to do is create FREE PRIVATE 10 team leagues each week and send the invites. I will be keeping track of the standings and stuff myself on an excel spreadsheet I've created. It will be a money league as well so they'll pretty much paypal me or hand me the league fee just as if we were playing a traditional fantasy football league so it should work out but I would like Yahoo to implement our ideas and create such a league to where i don't have to do too much work hahaha but I guess i'll be doing this until it happens. Just to make things clear to the Anonymous comment about Yahoo charging fees, we just want Yahoo to implement the Daily format into a traditional Fantasy league without the $ involved.

• Terry Houser commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, this. With full flexibility to adjust scoring categories and point values. Player cost each week should be based on weekly projected points relative to other players for that leagues scoring format.

I suspect Yahoo will be concerned it hurts their cash cow of traditional daily fantasy.

• Brandon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a very similar idea, lets get this added. The league concept is essentially the same with 12 teams playing each other all season, nothing changes here…but my suggestion would be to integrate the daily fantasy model into this set up. Every team would have a budget and that team would have to “field a team” based on the that budget. Then the 12 teams would play each other as usual, with the same schedule and playoffs etc. So, there would be no drafting at the beginning of the season just a league set up and an established weekly budget for each team. The budget could be set by DraftKings or Yahoo or any other daily fantasy site. I think people would really like this concept, there is no need for a waiver wire, there is no need for a draft, there is no need for teams getting blown up over injuries, there is no need for trades for that matter, just who can field the best team based on a budget each week.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

DFS leagues are run by Yahoo!, not individuals. Yahoo! charges a fee to play and takes a cut of the pot. They are not designed for private parties to create and run and I doubt seriously if they ever will, there are too many legal requirements and IRS regulations to make it viable for private parties.

This season they started private cash leagues where essentially Yahoo! held the league funds and did the distributions to the winners for no fee.

Another issue you will run into is the league max size is 20 teams.

• Jordan Lombaert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Me and some friends at the end of this season were talking about starting a Daily Fantasy League. We would invite about 30 friends and we would play each other all 17 weeks and keep track of wins.

During the last 5 weeks we tried and tried to set up something to test the waters in Yahoo Daily Fantasy. We were unable to invite friends and start DFL between us. It would be great if I could have all managers enter and then just set their line-up each week.

We basically decide we would see if yahoo had the kinks worked out by next pre-season. If they didn't we would use draft kings or something similar. We would all much rather use Yahoo, because we love the set-up and we all already have accounts.

Please help! Lol. Thanks for listening to your fans who use the site for free!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can do that now on Yahoo! by creating a new league every week as long as leagues can be created.

• Thomas Selby commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

League would re-draft every week on a fixed budget buying players. All teams have access to all players, like Draft Kings. Matchups are head to head each week, just like a standard yahoo league. Lineups would remain blind until that player's game starts. It brings the fun of weekly fantasy football together with being in a league. Your team isn't decimated by injuries for the whole season. You can pick a new team each week. You still get to play your friends and trash-talk. Playoffs stay the same. It puts more emphasis on being a good manager and less on luck. I know I would have a great time with my friends in a league like this, and I could be more interested than I am with my Draft Kings because I'm playing people I know. If you use this idea, Yahoo!, I want a cut...

Tom

Feedback and Knowledge Base