How can we make Fantasy Football better?

Commissioner Approval Rating

There should be a way for you to take a survey after your league has ended and rate your commissioner. For example, EBAY has feedback from positive-negative. We would rate the commissioner from 1-10 or 1-5 stars. We should be able to follow the commissioner for other leagues they have created. How many leagues they were commissioner in. Also have a final tally. This would make it much safer and build trust in the community between commissioner and teams.

27th ranked
Vote
Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Paul shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Stephen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yahoo, wake up and smell the coffee. You have a problem where some commissioners of private league takes it upon themselves to automatically "win" regardless of facts. They feel "entitled" to the championship just because they were the ones that setup the league and have the tools available.

I now make sure I am the commish in leagues I'm in. Not to blow my own horn but it doesn't happen in mine. However, it would be a great tools for all Yahoo users to see Commish Ratings prior to joining a league. The cheaters would never have enough joining blindly to run leagues and the good ones would have more than enough members.

As an end result the better commissioners would be running your server based leagues and the cheaters would move to other platforms until they are exposed there.

The game of fantasy (any sport) should be fun based and a level playing field for all. All you need is a rating system of the ones that control the environment - the commish.

Let's get on this asap!

• Clay Heinze commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have this same Idea, Something needs to be done about the cheating commissioners in private leagues.

• James Goode commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yahoo started collecting data for this idea a couple of years ago.
    What happened to it?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yahoo should police the actions of commissioners. It looks like Iam getting scammed in a league which I won, and immediately was removed by the commissioner as a manager. I can't even see the league any more. It appears I may get scammed out of the first place money. (about $400) The commissioner is David Drew Mckenzie. I paid through Paypal, and hope to at least get back my entry fee through them.

• JP commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A approval rating might not work because of bogus ratings and commish could just make an new email. All of this is true, but limiting the power of these commissioners would control the commissioners from getting a negative feedback. Because there is nothing available for them to do to change the outcome of the league. The settings are already set and the commissioners could not cause a negative or if even possible a positive result.

• [Deleted User] commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I definitely see your point, but if you do not have any rating at all then it will be much, much harder for you to get people to join. A commish that already has good feedback would attract much more players. But if 90% is negative then yahoo needs to find other ways to monitor commissioners. I suggest just limiting there control to edit settings after the draft. This will prevent a lot of unnecessary problems.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yahoo! used to have a manager rating system, but it was done away with because 90% of the ratings were negative and they were typically individuals who felt like the commish in their league dissed them somehow.

Another reason it was done away with if even if you penalized a manager for a bad rating, all they would have to do is create a new ID and they would be right back in business.

Feedback and Knowledge Base