How can we make Fantasy Football better?

Stat Tracker With Chat 2010 and Stat Tracker Without Chat 2016

Stat Tracker Chat Feature- I know it was around in 2010 and I'm guessing the reason Yahoo! got rid of it was because they couldn't moderate the chats. If anyone remembers it was one of the best features of stat tracker because everyone in the league could participate in a live chat. I've always wondered why Yahoo! got rid of it, Smack Talk was a weak replacement. C'mon Yahoo!, what gives?

40th ranked
Vote
Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
P. Horan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

14 comments

Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • P. Horan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There used to be a live chat feature in the Stat Tracker before the 2012 season. The live chat was an integral part of the fantasy experience and for some reason it was taken away for the smack talk feature!?. The live chat in Stat Tracker was markedly better than the smack talk option. I was hoping that by 2016 we would already be talking about the ability to stream webcams, but instead it seems like Yahoo! is moving backwards when it comes to interacting with other managers. I know I'm not the only one who feels this way and I have made this suggestion ever year since to no avail. As a loyal member of Yahoo! fantasy for the last 6 seasons, the least you can do is address why this great feature was abandoned. Thank you for your service.

• Johnson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Isn't that neat support...DECLINED! ???? WT heck?

Just because we've been with Yahoo for a while doesn't mean well stay

• Phil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I suspect it took a ton of resources (database servers) that negatively affected other parts. So, understandable, as it's a free service. But fwiw, I also miss it :)

• Bobby commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My league consists of people spread all around the country, and we started on Yahoo FF as a way to stay in touch and smack talk live as a group. There's no acceptable reason why a fully functional and widely used feature should just be yanked out of nowhere. If it's not back this season, and I find it elsewhere our league is gone.

• Phil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I miss this. Live "smack talk" (and talk in general) is the best. Ideally it'd also work in the smart phone app but that might be too difficult to develop (and too resource intensive).

• Pat commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree 100%...if I can find another service that offers something like a StatTracker with live chat, I will move my league. I would be willing to pay a small amount to have this feature (live chat). Also, the add banner at the bottom of ST is blocking the view of my last bench player.

• Tim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Live chat needed!!! Smack talk useless with everyone on the app

• refry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ya'all really need to bring back the chat feature in StatTracker. Taking that down was the worst mistake you could have made. Half of the fun is talking smack live on StatTracker. Can I get a "C'MON MAN!" for YAHOO!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What's the point of logging-in to Stat Tracker if I can't chum it up with my league friends? Will be something we take into consideration when picking a Fantasy Football outlet next year, for sure. - Houston, TX

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is needed! If this doesn't comeback many will leave soon! Yahoo will have 75% less players and leagues! Bring back chat!

• Kevin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Fantasy Football Stat Tracker Chat?

Are you going to bring back the chat feature for the 2013 season? This is the #1 feature that my league members want, and we will move our league if it's no longer offered. Sunday activity/interaction by league owners significantly dropped from the previous year due entirely to the absence of the chat feature.

Feedback and Knowledge Base