How can we make Fantasy Football better?

OFFICIAL 2016 SMACK TALK PETITION

Not having smack talk for 2016 has been different. It certainly makes fantasy football players appreciate having smack talk as it is one of the best features of playing. We would like to see smack talk be brought back ASAP!

9th ranked
Vote
Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Mr. Manager shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

296 comments

Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • John Nusbaum commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Smack talk was the best thing about the whole fantasy league, there is no interaction of any type, unless you go to the message board which nobody does, Please give that option back to the commissioners
    Lions Pride

• garrett wake commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Who cares about smack talk? Of the top 30 ideas on here, ONE is "Planned" (whatever that means... absolutely nothing I think).

The one in planning is adding a text box to the page. WHOO HOO. It looks like Yahoo spends about 1-hour worth of budget towards its fantasy football scripting per biennium.

• Edward McCarthy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally agree. We need integration between app and desktop. We have gone back to email chains because this is so terrible. Ruins the chatter for everyone in the league.

• Mr. Manager commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ok, the season is starting in two days and still no smack talk. It is marked as "PLANNED" was this plan for the 2017 season?

• Mr. Manager commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just flagged my own post as inappropriate. Hopefully someone at Yahoo is even reading all of these posts because everyone here is spot on about how smack talk makes our fantasy football experience more interactive. Thanks everyone for the votes making it ranked 9th, but Yahoo is still gathering feedback with no Yahoo representative posting on here. I feel everyone's dismay, and THAT is what is inappropriate!

• Method Man of the Wu-Tang Clan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A group of friends and I run multiple fantasy keeper leagues. We have a 20 team hockey league, 12 team (with growth expected in 2018) baseball league and will be starting a second hockey league next season. All of our members used the chat/smack talk feature when it was available on both the desktop and app features, now half of our membership does not and they are upset it is not available on desktop as they either do not have smart phones or they do not want to use the app for chat purposes (talk about a battery killer).

It is pretty clear there is some monetary incentive for Yahoo to only offer this feature on the app, and because of this we are considering moving all of our leagues over to another site that offers a chat feature on both desktop and smartphone versions.

• William commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Basically everyone in our Fantasy Hockey league has agreed that there must be some sort of incentive for Yahoo to have people using the app, and this is the leverage they are using to make sure that people who wouldn't necessarily otherwise download the app do. Because, let's face it, it doesn't take this long to "make improvements to how leagues communicate with one another," especially when you didn't have to remove the old way in order to have 365 brainstorming sessions to work out a new way, and especially when you already have a perfectly good system on the app.

I think that's a ridiculous agenda, though. The whole league loves having an instant messenger system in the league, but the league is basically divided into desktop people and phone people, and the desktop people are ****** off and just about making a point of not downloading the app.

People are going to download the app if it's useful for them to check their matchup on the go, and there are plenty of people who will download the app for that reason. Is it really worth punishing everyone for the few people who might not download it?

• Scott Allen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our league communicates/smack talks via the Messenger tab on the mobile app. It would also be nice to be able to view this board on a web browser.

• Mark Schumaker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The chat on the app has created a LOT more interaction in my league, which is a good thing! But there are so many messages 90+ per day that some managers turned off the notifications, having a duplicate chat window on the website would help alot. The app is the best out there but sometimes you still need to use the site.

• John Terrell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

by the way, I hardly ever used "smack talk" for smack talk. It was just a very handy easy way to communicate with your friends about just your game or to swoop in and comment on someone else's game. It was a great visiting device. You don't put that kind of stuff on the message board. You guys blew it taking it away. You best get it back! Someone made a space/storage issue decision without thinking of what the users like to do.

• John Terrell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't believe you let the whole season go by without fixing this. Message board is for something you really want to share with everybody. It used to be fun to talk and visit with a friend during the games. even though everyone could look and see the smack talk, you usually were just writing to one person. It was a fun thing to do. We just don't take time to move to message board or send an email. It was great to just type in stuff in the smack talk area. I am in 4 leagues and it wasn't as much fun this year. We were "isolated". It just wasn't easy to communicate like we used to. You really need to bring it back.

• A commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just checking in to say I will absolutely not use Yahoo next year unless a league-viewable direct-message style smack talk feature that allows me to speak directly to one player exists. I prefer not to play fantasy football-lite on my phone so I don't care about what "lite" features you have planned for "mobile fantasy". I don't care about mobile features and simplified dumbed down mobile apps. Also, nobody uses the main forums in my league. Please reinstate smack talk or we are bailing.

• Aaron Moore commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

WHAT A MISTAKE!!! I knew nothing about fantasy or players. My brother years ago talked me into joining a league that had an empty spot. Now I love football and fantasy. I started a league in 2015 with the only point being it would be the most fun league with people that loved to have fun. HUGE HIT!!! Everyone said this is the best league I have ever been in. Everyone living far away messing with each other on smack talk so much it was great. This year everyone was hyped. We raised the price and most people quit other leagues to play this one. TOTALLY RUINED!! Managers that never paid over 20 for a league paid 100 and quit. Yahoo blew it. I told everyone in the league, either Yahoo brings it back, or we find another server. If this was a political move I will remove all Yahoo from myself. Stupid move

• Troy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

AGREED. Smacktalk helps to make our league much more engaged, selling quite a few ads for Yahoo in the process.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 14 15

Feedback and Knowledge Base