How can we make Fantasy Football better?

Lock bench players who have already played

Block any team owner from dropping a player that has played, regardless of whether they are in their active line up or on their bench. The owner in my match up did not set his lineup before the games started. After the Sunday night game when he saw that he had a chance to win if he had set his lineup correctly, he dropped two players from his bench that had already played on Sunday to add two players in the Monday night game. Now he stands a very good chance to get the win. Whereas, before he was going to lose.

Yahoo should make the change to lock all players that have already played regardless if the are in the active lineup or on the bench.

79th ranked
Vote
Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Steelr Que shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Michael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a major error that needs to be fixed. Comissioners need to be able to prevent this.

• David K commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

At least make some kind of option for commissioners to lock players from being dropped at game time!!

• Sawyer Schaef commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This really needs changed. Players are getting dropped who played Sunday and added players are playing Monday. OBJ might be out, Team A should be forced to plan for him being out by adding someone Sunday. If not, Team B sees 2 players on his bench plau terrible, they then drop them and add Shepard and Engram as flyers and block Team A from them. Also, they are using them as early waiver pickups, should 1 of those players have a huge game.

Please change this, or my leauge will be forced to go to a pay site that has this rule in place.

Or make it a comissionor option to set. PLEASE!!

• Kris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Searched first before posting, and it seems this issue has been raised before. The rule should change to any player that is on a roster is locked once that player's game begins. No dropping. I am tired of seeing managers play catch and release on Thursdays. Case in point: John Ross gets activated Thursday night. My opponent drops his kicker to pick him up just to see if he pans out. He flops, and my opponent is allowed to promptly drop him and add another kicker without penalty. Had he started Ross, obviously he'd have been locked. My argument is that for consistency, this should also be the case for bench players, as the OP states. This is how it works on other platforms.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"so players can NOT be picked up for Sunday and Monday games after the Thursday kick off" is what I should have typed.

This option exists today. For the Weekly Waivers setting, use First game of the week. That will lock all rosters and prevent players from Thursday from being dropped, however, it will also lock all free agents, so players can be picked up for Sunday and Monday after the Thursday kick off.

• Mark Zaloudek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Players should be on a manager's team for the remainder of the week after they have played their game. As it now stands, players can be dropped after they have played for the week, which enables owners to keep a player from being picked up by another manager without any drawback to their own team. I will most likely migrate my league to another provider if an option for this is not implemented for next year.

This is not an error, this is a planned behavior. Players in the BN position can be dropped at anytime regardless of when their team plays.

• Gordy Greve commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Roster stretching...there is a loophole in the system that allows owners to drop bench players who's games have already started for players who's teams have yet to play however starting players and free agents are locked at kickoff of those same games, this has the effect of giving owners the ability to stretch their rosters by holding some players om their bench and dumping them for others if they get injured or suck...please fix this issue

Feedback and Knowledge Base