How can we make Fantasy Football better?

Pre-Draft Rankings

I have been playing Yahoo Fantasy football for 15 years and I have never had this issue. For some reason our pre-rankings are quarterback heavy with the top 20 pics as QB's. Our point distribution has been the same every year, and this is the first time we have experienced this. Is there a way to have the defualt pre-ranking the same as the AVG draft pick. Has anybody else had this issue? If this is a league issue I think it should be corrected. I would just like to know why this has changed and what I can do to resolve this.

53rd ranked
Vote
Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Robert Mayer shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

16 comments

Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YES, the Yahoo so-called "OVER-ALL Rankings" List the QB's as Top Over-All Players ?? If someone does not attend Live Draft and does not "Pre-Rank" his Players and gets the 1st Draft Pick he will get QB Rodgers? QB Rodgers in ALL FANTASY OVERALL RANKINGS is going in the 50-54 pick range (5th Round!) YET YAHOO has him Ranked Overall as Number ONE ??? Then QB Brady 2? QB Watson 3 and so-on ???????

SAMETHING HAPPENED LAST YEAR and their were COMPLAINTS yet YAHOO has done NOTHING to CORRECT their OVER-ALL Rankings ??? ALSO their USE to BE a "FEEDBACK" icon on the Front League Page which could be EASILY FOUND...….now you have to go looking for it ???

Looking over these COMMENTS on the horrible "Over-All Rankings" which could indeed mess up the DRAFTS because Teams on "Auto-Draft" will snap up ALL the Top QB's in EARLY ROUNDS and force other Teams to Draft a QB WAY TOO EARLY when the Fantasy Football Experts are telling everyone to Draft QB's in Double-Digit Rounds. COME ON YAHOO......GET YOUR ACT TOGHETHER or YOUR OVER-ALL Fantasy Football Site Ranking will be DROPPING TOO !!

• Chuck Yates commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Have this exact problem (first 20 QBs), see post above is from 2017....will this be fixed soon?

• Brian Hoeger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Yahoo pre-draft rankings are horrible and create the potential to really mess up a draft. It takes at least an hour to fix the QB issue alone. With thousands of leagues out there Yahoo is wasting millions of hours of our time. Furthermore, some managers don't take the time to fix it, and if they have to rely on the auto-pick even for a few rounds during the online draft, they end up with a ****** team. And when they end up with 3 top QBs it messes up everyone's team potentially wrecking the entire season. The bad pre-rankings were there last year also and it wreaked havoc in my league. Get it together Yahoo!

The rankings are horrible. I autodrafted and had a kicker in early rounds and defensive players in rounds 5,6. Unless the free agents I picked up play way better than expected I'm in for a last place finish.

The default draft rankings for previous years were ok. Why has this changed to a ridiculous quarterback first list... and why hasn't yahoo fixed it yet? Rankings on the Players tab are correct.

• Joe Stats commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What is worse is that is that changing the rankings is cumbersome as all ****.

• Jeff Miller commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there a correction to this issue, or is this the way it is going forward? This sucks!

• Eric Bernacki commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We definitely had this problem in our league as well. The only way it seemed to be accurate is if you were on the desktop site viewing the player list from 2016 that for some reason had 2017 projected and 2016 actual rankings.

• Dave Peters commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree that the rankings need to go back to the regular default rankings. I can't even make my own rankings out of this mess!! WTF yahoo?? Worst fantasy decision y'all have ever made!!

• ted stern commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's never been like this in 10-15 years. Yahoo needs to go back to real top 200 ranking not ranks all qbs first. Live draft won't work either if all qbs come up ranked this way either.

• ace davis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What Verizon moron came up with this stupidity? I work on a cruise ship and have to use autopick, when I tried to change this moronic player ranking, I got booted over and over, you cant even save the average player draft position, it throws you right back to qbs listed first. Thanks Verizon for screwing my 1st 2 fantasy teams, and about to ***** my other 2. My season is already a bust thanks to you morons. I'm highly considering dropping my phone service.

• Rob Snyder commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am the Commish of my 2 Leagues. And I know I am going to hear it from all my managers about this. I have a few managers who use the Autopick when drafting. I have emailed them about the change. But I know I am going to have some unhappy Managers when they see their teams!!! This Issue Needs to be fixed A.S.A.P.

• Ken Moss commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There needs to be an option for each player to use default ranking, or league scoring modified ranking. This is my opinion of a simple fix. This is needed for people who will have to autodraft. If you are live online drafting you can still see the default ranking, I think it's called XRANK, but they need to clarify that at the top of the drafting menu for easier reference and understanding for people who are not experts.

• Bill Akins commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Yahoo default rankings are a total mess. All the top picks are QBs. A kicker ranked #40? What a mess. I always set my own order but it's usually fairly close to yours, at least for the top 50 or so. Anybody who autodrafts and doesn't set their rankings will be totally screwed.

Feedback and Knowledge Base