How can we make Fantasy Football better?

Nomination time for auction drafts needs to be decreased

This is our 12th year playing together and the 6th year doing an auction draft. The time it takes for people to nominate players is too long. There should be an option for 15 seconds, because the lowest option right now of 30 seconds, is far too long. If guys are not paying attention and forget to nominate then a good player still gets nominated automatically. With a league of 12 guys drafting 15 players, that's an hour and a half spent just on nominations. The draft takes way too long. Adding the option (not making it a default by any means) of 15 second nominations would be a great addition! Thanks!

147th ranked
Vote
Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Andrew Huechteman shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • jeff bowen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

But isn't there times you don't want a player nominated later in the draft because you want other people to spend money before he's nominated and you can get him cheaper? Educate your league on how to nominate players and it should speed things up, though I agree some people just don't do it consistently.

• Alex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've been posting about this for years as well. 30 seconds is far too long. ESPN let you go down to 10 I believe. And as commissioner you could change the time mid-draft. Maybe the first 3 or 4 rounds you want extra time, but as the draft winds down you should be able to speed up the time.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

100% Why would your minimum nomination time be 30 seconds when your minimum bid time is 10 seconds. Also, please allow for an option to lower the reset clock from 10 seconds to 5 seconds. That way each time someone bids it doesn't go all the way to 10 seconds.

Feedback and Knowledge Base