How can we make Fantasy Football better?

Dropping bench players after they play (REMOVE)

You need to remove the ability to drop bench players once they've played. This is the only platform that allows this and multiple analysts have spoke out about why this shouldn't be allowed.
If a player tears his ACL on Thursday Night Football, you should't be allowed to drop him for another player who has yet to play, even if he was on your bench.
At a minimum, you should add a setting for commissioners that locks all players to a team's roster once they have played, regardless of if they are starters or benched.

62nd ranked
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Rob Dirks shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Terry Jobbe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with the way yahoo has it set up.
    If you have a short bench and drop a player from your bench, it still hurts the team that had to drop someone. Thay can’t pickup the player they dropped until the dropped player clears waivers.

I would rather have it this way and not have to deal with the numerous situations where having an entire locked bench could cause. If a star player is a game time decision in a late game, I would rather have someone try and make a move than go with an empty set because that player is inactive and their entire bench is locked. Alternatively it stops a team in a must win situation from dropping a star player so they can fill a lineup, which would cause league chaos.

I do agree it should be an option, but I thought it was

• Jeremy Hayes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is unfair because someone could take a flyer on a player, see how they perform, then drop them if the underwhelm. Gives them multiple chances to hit on a player. Similar for “churning” players to block others from pickups.

• Chuck H commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just submitted a ticket about this BS rule! I had a guy with an empty QB and K position and Monday at noon this guy picks up SF QB and NYG Kicker and beats me by ONE point when the other players he dropped on his bench had already played. TOTALLY unfair!

• Glenn Wille commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree the rule needs to change to lock all players from being dropped after they have played.

• Kent Stephenson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How can a player drop a player from a team that has already started and played, say on a Thursday and then pick up a player who hasn’t played for the week.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a great "option." We currently enforce this setting manually, albeit painful. My league always asks the question, "Yahoo doesn't have a setting for that?" PLEASE add.

• Citizen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No, Yahoo is right about this. If a player was not in the starting lineup for you, you should be able to pick up another player if that player being picked up has not played yet this week.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

IMHO, any player that is NOT in your starting line-up (and played) should be waiver-wire eligible. Why should you have to keep him if you didn't use him? That makes no sense.

• Kyle Ferlic commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE fix this loop-hole!! Or, give the Commish the ability to lock individual rosters(bench)once the players game has kicked off for that week.

• Jonathan Silvermman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes fully agree 10000%. Its ludacris its allowed and even more ludacris that you cant change the setting!! If i have a player playing monday night who is a gametime desicion and i want to pick up the back and cant because another guy dropped his bum player who played on sunday night. He is cheating the system and the integrity of waiver claims is completely destroyed. So someone who picks up a bad player, they play and see they suck when he plays then gets rewarded the option to snake another player off of waivers who hasnt played yet!!! Outrageous!!!

Feedback and Knowledge Base