How can we make Fantasy Football better?

having a stat correction 3 days later is ********. All stats or scores should be finalized no later than tuesday morning.

Stat corrections should be final no later than Tuesday mornings. Getting a stat correction on a Thursday afternoon, effectively costing me and many others a win is inexcusable. This could cost someone a spot in the playoffs. Or put someone who was knocked out of playoffs into the final spot. And if they missed the waiver wire because yahoo showed they didn't make the playoffs, that screws them once again.

91st ranked
Vote
Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Jordan Rock shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

13 comments

Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Dcat commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As much as you'd like stat corrections to be quicker, unfortunately the NFL itself makes the vast majority of stat corrections for the previous week on Wednesday night. Thats why Yahoo stat corrections hit on Thursday mornings. Yahoo can't change it until the NFL does. And the NFL is not.

• Voodoo Chicks commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Guys, every free platform operates like this. Yahoo software is integrated with official stats and stat corrections. They kick in in real time when they become official. It sucks if you lose a close game, but this isn't lazy employees not getting it done. Also, nobody is getting "screwed".

• texaskdog commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

And stat corrections don't cost team games in real life, nor should it in yahoo.

Listen I don't even blame them for doing that. I just want them to offer the option as a league to opt out of any stat corrections that occur after the MNF game. The NFL doesn't overturn games after they are final.

Well we're going to just end it after the MNF game. Having to wait 3 days to find out whether you won is BS. Of course the problem is I have to manually go back and undo meaningless stat corrections then.

• Bradley Mowery commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wow this just knocked me out of the championship game after being awarded the win Tuesday! Not cool yahoo! Should not change points this late for sure!

• Jim Oddo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

1000% agree - Completely screwed 2 of our team managers this week, as of right now we still are not sure who is playing in the championship game for $1,000. Just had the below exchange with YFS:

@YahooFantasyCC Guys not sure what is going on with your site but our league (ID# 96348), has had the final score from the Eagles/Rams game change the outcome of a semi final 4 times so far this week. Your HELP site is down, please look into this ASAP. Highly unacceptable!

1 reply 0 retweets 0 likes
    Reply 1 Retweet Like View Tweet activity

Yahoo Fantasy Care

Verified account

@YahooFantasyCC
    Follow Follow @YahooFantasyCC
    More
    Replying to @jim_oddo
    Stat corrections can occur up until Thursday. Once the NFL officially changes stats we do adjust points accordingly. -JC

9:16 AM - 20 Dec 2018
    Reply 1 Retweet Like Direct message
    Jim OddoTweet text

New conversation

Jim Oddo

@jim_oddo
    2m2 minutes ago
    More
    Replying to @YahooFantasyCC
    Thanks for the prompt reply! I get it, but we have a pretty significant prize pool for 1st and 2nd, so owners are very upset. Is there anything that can be changed going into next year? Not surprised the @NFL takes 5 days to finalize stats.

Reply 1 Retweet Like View Tweet activity

Yahoo Fantasy Care

Verified account

@YahooFantasyCC
    45s45 seconds ago
    More
    You can submit feedback here. https://goo.gl/69sgDk But if the official stats do change we do have to adjust no matter when those changes occur. -JC

• ben hughes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This exact thing happened to me costing me a playoff spot. Went from in the playoffs to out of the playoffs Thursday without anything from yahoo explaining. Screwed over myself and the person who got added to the playoffs since they thought they were eliminated. To all of the people saying the NFL changes stats on Wednesday, yahoo is a pretty big company I think they can either do a little more research of stats and have it set, 3 days is ridiculous. Say Drew Bree's passes a yardage record, do they come back 3 days later and say oh you know what that one pass was actually backwards we are taking away that record?

Can we get some action on this? Not saying it has to be a requirement just a league option. we had one game decided last night by less than a point yet it may not be final for 3 days. Insane.

• Dcat commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

NFL finalizes its own stat corrections on Wednesday night, which is why Yahoo processes it betweeen midnight and early morning Thursday. You are asking Yahoo to correct stats before the NFL does it itself. LOL. How stupid can you be? Stop being such a cry baby and grow up.

I lost a player two weeks ago over a Thursday stat correction and now another player has an issue, but the correction is not even listed on the list. I feel like I'm dealing with Florida ballots. There either needs to be a cutoff of, say Tuesday night at 11:59 pm or at least let each league decide these in the setting. It can be like bad ref calls, it is what it is. I just don't want to deal with this anymore. Stop killing my league.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The NFL reviews all stats on Wednesdays and sends out updates Wednesday evening.

That is why a week is not final until Thursday morning.

Feedback and Knowledge Base