How can we make Fantasy Football better?

Jaylen Samuels should not be listed as a RB/TE

Yahoo needs to remove the TE designation from Jaylen Samuels. If he's allowed to be dressed as a TE for the playoffs and is in fact a RB it could break the playoffs for many leagues

26th ranked
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
DS shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Responded  ·  AdminProduct Support (Admin, Yahoo) responded  · 

He’s had RB/TE eligibility all season. If we remove TE eligibility today, it would not take effect until this evening, after most claims had been made. We felt it was not fair to change so late in the day or season.

Samuels will remain an RB/TE in our game.

110 comments

Comments are closed
  • Ryan Fields commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi good morning. I am messaging you because of a correction that has not been made. Jaylen Samuels is not a RB,TE. There needs to be an update. I realize it has been this way all year, but he has also been obsolete all year. Now it is playoffs - make the necessary change. Otherwise, my league along with many others will be leaving this platform. ESPN got it right, why not Yahoo

• Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

People … under any seasonal fantasy format, it is IMPOSSIBLE to take away a position designation from a player once it is assigned. The reason being is that (hypothetically) someone in a league could have drafted Jaylen Samuels, put him in the starting lineup at the TE spot for Week 1, and left him there throughout all this time.

The only reason this has become an issue on Yahoo! (and nowhere else) is because Yahoo! was the ONLY seasonal fantasy site that had Jaylen Samuels designated as a TE from WEEK ONE. If any of the other seasonal fantasy sites (such as ESPN) had Jaylen Samuels listed aa a TE from the first week, then those seasonal fantasy sites could not remove that TE designation from him either.

• troy kaumans commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Whoever is playing J.Samuels at TE is getting to play an extra RB this week. He is favored to score more than most any TE playing this week, so this is an unfair advantage for the team I am playing. And the winner will go to the playoffs. Please change this before tomorrow

• Erich Nussbaum commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yahoo, you need to explain how removing Jaylen Samuels tight end eligibility is unfair. In your response as to why you won't change this, you state "because it has been this way all year and would be unfair." How is correcting something that's been wrong all year unfair? If scoring was done on paper, would Jaylen Samuels' points count in the tight end position? Of course not. I am completely in disbelief that you think leaving this is the "fair" thing to do, and many others agree with me, as you can see from this idea popping up over and over again.

Guys, Yahoo has made up their mind on this and doesn't care about doing the right thing. Keep posting and voting for this though! They keep merging this idea and the comments for this idea and have shut down voting so it won't get to the number one spot, but I honestly think it will

Yahoo, let me ask this simple question. Would Jaylen Samuels be eligible for tight end if scoring was done on paper? Such a simple answer, yet you won't change it because "it's unfair".

Is Yahoo trying to censor people that believe this? They just merged several posts with the same idea and closed voting and commenting. What's up with that?

• Nick Mcmullin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For example, Jaylen Samuels of the Pittsburgh Steelers is officially listed on the teams depth chart as a Runningback. Yahoo has Samuels listed as RB, TE. This makes this player eligible to be played in either a RB, or a TE spot within the yahoo fantasy app. This is not right because according to NFL.com and Steelers.com (and pretty much everywhere else you look on the internet), Jaylen Samuels is a declared running back, not a tight end. Position eligibility of players should be regularly updated and kept consistent with official NFL and team reports.

I honestly don't know how anyone could start Samuels as a tight end in good conscience. I for one would not do it.

I feel like I'm in some kind of warped reality with you Dan. Take platform loopholes out for a minute. Would you allow a player to be started in a position he doesn't play if you were scoring on paper? Just answer that question and you'll realize that Yahoo is doing the wrong thing. They should be far more flexible with this and base it on the team's official websites. To me YOU are the one crying over spilled milk that Jaylen Samuels is no longer actually a tight end, not me. Just because he's always been listed that way, doesn't mean it wasn't wrong, and just because I was naive enough to trust Yahoo to do the right thing if this ever came up doesn't invalidate the argument because I "should have brought it up in August". Honestly, I don't even really care that much, since it doesn't effect me at all this week nor will it next week, but there are people that could lose this week because of how thin tight end is this year. As commissioner, I have actually made Samuels ineligible at tight end in my league, but what about all those others where there is disagreement? If someone wins by playing Samuels in tight end after he has two touchdowns and 60 yards rushing, that completely invalidates the victory in my humble opinion.

What makes this worse is that Matt harmon tweeted not long ago that people who complain about position changes are "the worst." How is it so horrible to want to require a player to start in his position and not in any position he doesn't actually play?

To be honest, I didn't raise this as a concern because I was sure it would be fixed if he ever became the starting running back. I had no idea how lazy Yahoo is in making position changes and I thought since they adjusted ty Montgomery before that they'd do it here too. I love this platform for a lot of reasons, but they are simply doing the wrong thing here in allowing a player to start in a position he doesn't play.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Feedback and Knowledge Base