How can we make Fantasy Football better?

Please keep original and live projections

Live projections suck. I want to only see the original projections so I can compare to see how my player did against that original stat. Now the live projections take over EVERYTHING... It doesn't leave much imagination and hope to it all. Also, the live projections are now shown next to the actual points as if it's what they projected. They change to match the actual points and you can't compare.... NOT A FAN AT ALL. Switching to ESPN next year.

2nd ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    MattMatt shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    trevtrev shared a merged idea: not a fan at all of the projected points changing during the game. That's part of fantasy football, to be able to out-smart the rest of your  ·   · 
    CTCT shared a merged idea: is there a reason why i cant see the original projected points on my view in matchups?now projected pts are the same as actual points  ·   · 
    TranscendedTranscended shared a merged idea: Live player projections are useless! Bring back the original projections so can compare.  ·   · 
    Sharon SimpsonSharon Simpson shared a merged idea: I do not like the "live" projections. Hind sight is 20-20. Useless numbers.  ·   · 
    MattMatt shared a merged idea: STOP DOING LIVE UPDATED PROJECTED STATS  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: When you show a player's projected points, stop adjusting them as the game goes on. We want to be able to compare.  ·   · 
    BenBen shared a merged idea: Live Projections Fix  ·   · 
    StaciStaci shared a merged idea: Keep the projected points at their original projections!!!!!  ·   · 
    chris pchris p shared a merged idea: On the matchup page, projected points are changing to actual fan points after the game ends. That's a little misleading don't you think?  ·   · 
    JohnJohn shared a merged idea: Any way to leave projected points the same and not change them once that respective player's game was played?  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: I do not like the projected points changed to actual points once the player is done. I would like to see the original projected points.  ·   · 
    MattMatt shared a merged idea: Don't change the projected stats after the game  ·   · 
    MelissaMelissa shared a merged idea: Projections Live  ·   · 
    **onetimer****onetimer** shared a merged idea: You can't compare projected weekly points to actual anymore? the projected changed to what the player actually scored. WTH!!!!  ·   · 
    CraigCraig shared a merged idea: Please don't give live projections if you're gonna remove the original projections.  ·   · 
    BradBrad shared a merged idea: Stop updating players projections after the game starts.....It makes you look like a holes  ·   · 
    JasonJason shared a merged idea: Why was Julius Thomas projected points for week1 altered after the game?  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: The projected points for players were changing, even while that player was on the field. What's the point of even having projections?  ·   · 
    AndrewAndrew shared a merged idea: Live Projections  ·   · 
    Riley BowersRiley Bowers shared a merged idea: Projections on league overview  ·   · 

145 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • KeithKeith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please provide an option to remove ALL projections when viewing the scoreboard - especially the pointless live projections.

The projections might be helpful (to amateur players) early in the week when setting lineups. On game day, they muddle up the screen with meaningless fake statistics. I only want to see the REAL points!!!

• ErnieErnie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like the live projections. Don't listen to these ********. Keep up the great work!

• SamSam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Live projections serve no purpose. Original projections are useful for determining which players will start or sit in a given lineup. But live projections don't help any players do anything and it adds nothing that the actual score doesn't already tell someone. I'm ****** that you guys had to ruin something that was so good.

• SamSam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

After playing Yahoo Fantasy Football for two years and never having any problems or feeling the need to complain I now had to figure out how to send feedback. Namely because many of the new features are major downgrades. Please get rid of 'Live projections'!! It is simply ruining the entire experience. It's just a really poor concept with equally poor execution.

• RobRob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

GO BACK TO THE OLD FORMAT YAHOO!!! PLEASE!!!!!!! YOU RUINED the pride and joy of the internet!!! YOU RUINED IT!!!

• RR commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I see the changes you made to projections. Thanks for the attempt, but I still think you are missing the mark. While you removed some of the ambiguity between pre-game and live projections, you introduce more now that you are overusing projection as a label. You have "original projection", "live projection", and just "projection". If we have to solely rely on font color for a clue on how to interpret them, then the color blind folks will be wanting. I suggest changing your labels to forecast for pre-game and projection for in-game. While I'm at it, this is a competition, why not treat it as such and label it score instead of points.

On another note, I am amazed that the "live projection" is not in the one place it is most directly applicable, the StatTracker.

• MicahMicah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Looks like changes were made to how this works within matchups. I like it better now.

The original projections are kept on each player, and on the matchup (like they used to be) and now there is an additional Live Projections on the matchup, which I really like.

Thanks.

• MercGHMercGH commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please vote for these changes!

http://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/206158-fantasy-football/suggestions/4416343-major-grievances-of-yahoo-fantasy-football-that-ma

Yahoo went from being a leader in Fantasy Football ease to a major annoyance to play. My league and others are seriously considering moving. It's simply just not enjoyable no more compared to the older format. All of the things listed below have changed and has really transformed Yahoo Fantasy Football to being extremely terrible to use compared to before.

A list of major grievances and annoyances that are highly important:

---- Week 1 scores should be on Tuesday and Week 2 match ups should begin on Wednesday.

Week 1 team match up scores are immediately gone on Tuesday. With football on Monday nights, and people being busy at work and stuff, the week 1 scores should remain on Tuesday. The older format did this. This was important for people in the league to see how the other match ups didbesides your own, and to scope out how other players/teams performed. Tuesday was the de facto day to do this. On Wednesday is when the week 2 match ups were shown. This is messed up.

---- Chat function should be in stat tracker.

There is no chat function in stat tracker. There used to be a chat box in stat tracker. This was really cool. On Sundays, people in the league will chat, make jokes, trade talk, discuss the games, talk sports, talk smack, etc. This is no longer there. This makes a big difference. The chat in stat tracker made it 10x more enjoyable with all the funny discussion.

---- Blow out of the week should be on the league page.

No blow out of the week displayed on the league. Should be displayed for bragging rights and making the league more fun.

---- There should be a way you can build a interactive smack talk graphic going across the screen.

Previous Yahoo displayed a cool feature where you can talk smack with an interactive graphic going across the screen. I think you only unlocked this feature when you got a blow out of the week. You should be able to earn the ability to use this feature by the number of blow outs, and can use it when you want. Not just that week.

---- Match-ups should show who voted right after the games begin.

The match ups no longer shows who voted. It is on separate page. This is crucial to see who voting participation, but also fun to see who voted on the match ups with favoritism, if you voted against yourself, etc. Add the voting percentage of the leage to the match up above near 'Original Projections'. Another suggestion is add the League Pick'em results to the match ups. You may not be able to show the entire thing but at least the top three in League Pickem standings. The League Pick'em is actually a great feature but overlooked and this will make it more important.

---- The standings and match ups should be shown on the same page, but better.

Great, they listened on this point but it is steal not intuitive and good enough. You have to scroll down to view the standings. You cannot view both in same peripheral vision upon logging in. Right when you log in, you should see both in the same vision. The previous format did this by having the standings in the front center and the match ups parallel to the right was much better. Replace 'Brandon's Big Board' with the match ups in vertical form, not side by side. Seriously did non-fantasy players build this new design?

---- Previous player scores and projections should be shown on the player notes.

This is extremely useful. Right now, it is cut off or whatever to the right. It's clearly not visible. Formerly, you will look at previous scores of players to look at patterns, see how he did on certain match ups, just to see if he's hot, etc., and for your own interest. This also showed projections of future games. Everyone uses this feature and is now not there.

---- The background is too dark.

I understand the concept of having a football field in the background and can be cool but it is not transparent or clear enough. The color scheme is bad. The Yahoo Weather App for iPhone actually does this extremely well (transparent field graphics) that may be able to be used as a reference to your aim.

I'm sure there is more but all of these changes are really a big deal. They make Yahoo Fantasy Football not enjoyable nomore. If your going to change your design, fine and cool, but at least transition the unique little features of the previous format to the new design. Who is designing Yahoo Fantasy Football now? Foreign peoplewho have no idea of how Fantasy Football is played or how the previous design worked? Sure looks like it compared to the previous Yahoo Fantasy Football build where it looked specifically targeted to Fantasy Football fans and use.

Please make these changes.

• Ron LawrenceRon Lawrence commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Cannot figure out what live projections are good for. Anyone who sees a live projection in the first quarter that is way above the original, and believes he will get that many points, is an idiot. And as others have already pointed out, live projections in the 4th quarter mostly mimic actual points. I am open to hearing your reasoning on why this was created.

The dark background is the biggest mistake. Unreadable. I would fire the usability team, and the moron who hired them.

A few of the new features are either okay or an improvement over last year, but not nearly enough to justify the major flaws that have also been included. There seems to be a lot of "if it ain't broke, fix it anyway". Would you care to post the feedback "scores", complaints vs. neutral or positive comments?

• jay wilsonjay wilson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

have to refresh my page don't know if the players I actually picked to play are playing, still see players I dropped on my team and playing! if it doesn't get fixed next year I wont be playing with yahoo

• MerrillMerrill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If there were a dictionary definition for "looks like a-holes" it would say Yahoo Fantasy Football.

• ChaseChase commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey Yahoos

Instead of working on something that is only relevant on Sundays on a Tuesday, why don't you work on the other numerous issues and deal with that one on Saturday.

And why don't you at least give us a time frame on the other issues so we know you are actually working on them.

• RickRick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely agree with the assessment of live projections.

It's frustrating when my players don't meet their projected points or fall flat on their faces. But they do leave some hope and imagination each week or as a matchup progresses.

Please return to keeping the projected point totals a static item.

Thank you!

• DennisDennis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's stupid that they would do this. Nothing like changing something that wasn't messed up to begin with. It's like they are trying to cover their "experts" predictions.

• MercGHMercGH commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Everyone PLEASE VOTE for these changes at: http://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/206158-fantasy-football/suggestions/4416343-major-grievances-of-yahoo-fantasy-football-that-ma.

Yahoo went from being a leader in Fantasy Football ease to a major annoyance to play.

A list of major grievances and annoyances that are highly important:

---- Week 1 scores should be on Tuesday and Week 2 match ups should begin on Wednesday.

Week 1 team match up scores are immediately gone on Tuesday. With football on Monday nights, and people being busy at work and stuff, the week 1 scores should remain on Tuesday. The older format did this. This was important for people in the league to see how the other match ups didbesides your own, and to scope out how other players/teams performed. Tuesday was the de facto day to do this. On Wednesday is when the week 2 match ups were shown. This is messed up.

---- Chat function should be in stat tracker.

There is no chat function in stat tracker. There used to be a chat box in stat tracker. This was really cool. On Sundays, people in the league will chat, make jokes, trade talk, discuss the games, talk sports, talk smack, etc. This is no longer there. This makes a big difference. The chat in stat tracker made it 10x more enjoyable with all the funny discussion.

---- Blow out of the week should be on the league page.

No blow out of the week displayed on the league. Should be displayed for bragging rights and making the league more fun.

---- There should be a way you can build a interactive smack talk graphic going across the screen.

Previous Yahoo displayed a cool feature where you can talk smack with an interactive graphic going across the screen. I think you only unlocked this feature when you got a blow out of the week. You should be able to earn the ability to use this feature by the number of blow outs, and can use it when you want. Not just that week.

---- Match-ups should show who voted right after the games begin.

The match ups no longer shows who voted. It is on separate page. This is crucial to see who voting participation, but also fun to see who voted on the match ups with favoritism, if you voted against yourself, etc. Add the voting percentage of the leage to the match up above near 'Original Projections'. Another suggestion is add the League Pick'em results to the match ups. You may not be able to show the entire thing but at least the top three in League Pickem standings. The League Pick'em is actually a great feature but overlooked and this will make it more important.

---- The standings and match ups should be shown on the same page, but better.

Great, they listened on this point but it is steal not intuitive and good enough. You have to scroll down to view the standings. You cannot view both in same peripheral vision upon logging in. Right when you log in, you should see both in the same vision. The previous format did this by having the standings in the front center and the match ups parallel to the right was much better. Replace 'Brandon's Big Board' with the match ups in vertical form, not side by side. Seriously did non-fantasy players build this new design?

---- Previous player scores and projections should be shown on the player notes.

This is extremely useful. Right now, it is cut off or whatever to the right. It's clearly not visible. Formerly, you will look at previous scores of players to look at patterns, see how he did on certain match ups, just to see if he's hot, etc., and for your own interest. This also showed projections of future games. Everyone uses this feature and is now not there.

---- The background is too dark.

I understand the concept of having a football field in the background and can be cool but it is not transparent or clear enough. The color scheme is bad. The Yahoo Weather App for iPhone actually does this extremely well (transparent field graphics) that may be able to be used as a reference to your aim.

---- Bring back drag and drop.

The new design auto saves makes it too easy to play. Drag and drop allowed you to tinker with your lineup and examine it before setting it. Now you can't do this. Also Fantasy Football is about accountability. You should be able to save your line up, and if you don't then you pay for it. The new feature makes this impossible.

I'm sure there is more but all of these changes are really a big deal. They make Yahoo Fantasy Football not enjoyable nomore. If your going to change your design, fine and cool, but at least transition the unique little features of the previous format to the new design. Who is designing Yahoo Fantasy Football now? Foreign peoplewho have no idea of how Fantasy Football is played or how the previous design worked? Sure looks like it compared to the previous Yahoo Fantasy Football build where it looked specifically targeted to Fantasy Football fans and use.

Please make these changes.

• JasonJason commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My original complaint has also been combined with this post. Mine had to do with the Prius Game Changer award and Julius Thomas. He was projected at 5 and scored 23. The award should have been given but instead they changed the projection to 6. Not Cool!!!

• MicahMicah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It looks like Yahoo merged two topics together here. I hope they realize they were different.

One was the Projections that used to be on League page, where it would project where each team in the league would finish for the season (12-1, 6-7, etc.). It also included what this was after the draft, and what it was currently.

The other had to do with Projections for Players each week in their matchups, and the new live projections for each player and matchup.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Feedback and Knowledge Base