How can we make Fantasy Football better?

Extend Decimal scoring to include Field Goals

Every yard is .1 points. So a 49 yard field goal is worth 4.9 points and a 50 is worth 5 points. Under the current scoring system that 1 yard difference is a whole point, not .1 of a point. ESPN figured this out years ago. Don't be slow to the game yahoo, this is an easy fix.

6th ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • yahoo
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Mike BMike B shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    johnjohn shared a merged idea: Kicker Scoring Settings  ·   · 
    Lee BertramLee Bertram shared a merged idea: Fractional Scoring On Field Goals (37 Yards= 3.7 points)  ·   · 
    MikeMike shared a merged idea: Fractional Scoring for FGs  ·   · 
    Cole GreerCole Greer shared a merged idea: Field Goals  ·   · 
    johnjohn shared a merged idea: fractional scoring kickers  ·   · 
    MikeMike shared a merged idea: Fantasy Football: New Scoring Model for Kickers  ·   · 

73 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • yahoo
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Richard OlsonRichard Olson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This thread has now been "gathering feedback" for over a year and 2 months. It can't be that hard. Give the users the option to customize their league the way they see fit, yahoo!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We voted for this just this season and what do you know we can't do this for kickers. Com'n man!!

• Matthew HomapourMatthew Homapour commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My league and I request that you implement this change please. Fractional points for field goals makes as much sense as fractional points for Rushing/Receiving yards

for sure....for all 14 of the 60+ yard field goals made in NFL history over 3 decades, please give us that bonus!!!

• johnjohn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please offer fractional points for kickers. A 44yd field goal=4.4pts. Also field goal bonuses, extra point bonuses, and for gosh sakes how about a 60yd field goal category.

• BB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yahoo! is the worst at changing or adding new options, check out my Keeper post to be able to edit rosters due to off-site and off-season trades for keeper leagues. It was been over a year at #1 most popular... and still "gather feedback". That is Yahoo! code for "We're igonoring you", even though our competitors offer this this option.

I support this post as an option for commissioners to choose fraction/non-fraction kicker scoring.

• Lee BertramLee Bertram commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For example, a 35 yard field goal can be 3.5 points and a 36 yard field goal can be 3.6 points. Having a 30 yarder and a 39 yarder worth the same amount of points no longer makes sense. On top of that if a guy its a 62 yarder it's worth the same as a 50+ because Yahoo doesn;t go up that high? This needs to change!

You know, I liked having longer field goals with more but I moved my 50+ back to 4 since a long field goal shouldn't be worth a TD

Everyone write a comment on this until they're blue in the face and have no option but to change it. Please!! Those decimal points are huge in my league! Yahoo is the only league that does not have this that I know of...

It is 6 points for a 60 yarder Yahoo! not 5 or even 5.5!

If every yard counts for RB's, WR's etc. then it should this too. Totally makes no sense for a 40 yd FG count the same as 49 yards.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base