How can we make Fantasy Football better?

Extend Decimal scoring to include Field Goals

Every yard is .1 points. So a 49 yard field goal is worth 4.9 points and a 50 is worth 5 points. Under the current scoring system that 1 yard difference is a whole point, not .1 of a point. ESPN figured this out years ago. Don't be slow to the game yahoo, this is an easy fix.

3rd ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • yahoo
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Mike BMike B shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    MikeMike shared a merged idea: Fractional Scoring for FGs  ·   · 
    Cole GreerCole Greer shared a merged idea: Field Goals  ·   · 
    johnjohn shared a merged idea: fractional scoring kickers  ·   · 
    MikeMike shared a merged idea: Fantasy Football: New Scoring Model for Kickers  ·   · 

62 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • yahoo
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You know, I liked having longer field goals with more but I moved my 50+ back to 4 since a long field goal shouldn't be worth a TD

Everyone write a comment on this until they're blue in the face and have no option but to change it. Please!! Those decimal points are huge in my league! Yahoo is the only league that does not have this that I know of...

It is 6 points for a 60 yarder Yahoo! not 5 or even 5.5!

If every yard counts for RB's, WR's etc. then it should this too. Totally makes no sense for a 40 yd FG count the same as 49 yards.

• PaulPaul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please Yahoo!, make this happen! Make every yard count for something!

• Jax KearneyJax Kearney commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you're using anything smaller than .5 you're not playing real Fantasy Football...grow a pair...

• Andrew JohnsonAndrew Johnson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this STILL says gathering feedback...LOL...just FIX IT!!! give the CHOICE of making the points fractional or keeping it the way it is!!!! what feedback needs to be gathered?!?!?!?!?!?! dont listen to the idiots that think there should be a minimum score!!!!!! if its an easier kick, THEN IT MAKES PERFECT SENSE FOR THE KICKER TO GET LESS POINTS FOR IT!!!!! there are ONLY a HANDFUL of FGs shorter than 30 yards per kicker each season anyway!!!! WAKE UP GUYS!!!!!!!!!

This is a great idea. Anything past 30 should be worth it's yardage value. It's silly that a 39 yard field goal misses out on an entire point just because it fell one yard short. It's like telling a running back that he is only credited with a 10 yard rushing TD run even though he ran it from the 19 yardline. Kickers are fantasy players too.

• Ben KirbyBen Kirby commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dale. Read the OP. Right now all you can do is set a hard number for FG by distance (30-39, 40-49). The idea is to set a baseline point for range PLUS adding 0.1 a yard after certain yardage.

• Dale PendexterDale Pendexter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The scoring tool allows you to give whatever you want for points, really? Don't be so stupid, learn how to use the tools. Gees !!

• AndreaAndrea commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think they should allow commissioners to set their own fractional points if wanted for all scoring. Like 0.10 per yard which would be 1 point for 10 yards. I want to set sacks to 0.5 and completions to 0.25

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base