How can we make Fantasy Football better?

Extend Decimal scoring to include Field Goals

Every yard is .1 points. So a 49 yard field goal is worth 4.9 points and a 50 is worth 5 points. Under the current scoring system that 1 yard difference is a whole point, not .1 of a point. ESPN figured this out years ago. Don't be slow to the game yahoo, this is an easy fix.

3rd ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • yahoo
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Mike BMike B shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    MikeMike shared a merged idea: Fractional Scoring for FGs  ·   · 
    Cole GreerCole Greer shared a merged idea: Field Goals  ·   · 
    johnjohn shared a merged idea: fractional scoring kickers  ·   · 
    MikeMike shared a merged idea: Fantasy Football: New Scoring Model for Kickers  ·   · 

51 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • yahoo
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • PaulPaul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please Yahoo!, make this happen! Make every yard count for something!

• Jax KearneyJax Kearney commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you're using anything smaller than .5 you're not playing real Fantasy Football...grow a pair...

• Andrew JohnsonAndrew Johnson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this STILL says gathering feedback...LOL...just FIX IT!!! give the CHOICE of making the points fractional or keeping it the way it is!!!! what feedback needs to be gathered?!?!?!?!?!?! dont listen to the idiots that think there should be a minimum score!!!!!! if its an easier kick, THEN IT MAKES PERFECT SENSE FOR THE KICKER TO GET LESS POINTS FOR IT!!!!! there are ONLY a HANDFUL of FGs shorter than 30 yards per kicker each season anyway!!!! WAKE UP GUYS!!!!!!!!!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a great idea. Anything past 30 should be worth it's yardage value. It's silly that a 39 yard field goal misses out on an entire point just because it fell one yard short. It's like telling a running back that he is only credited with a 10 yard rushing TD run even though he ran it from the 19 yardline. Kickers are fantasy players too.

• Ben KirbyBen Kirby commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dale. Read the OP. Right now all you can do is set a hard number for FG by distance (30-39, 40-49). The idea is to set a baseline point for range PLUS adding 0.1 a yard after certain yardage.

• Dale PendexterDale Pendexter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The scoring tool allows you to give whatever you want for points, really? Don't be so stupid, learn how to use the tools. Gees !!

• AndreaAndrea commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think they should allow commissioners to set their own fractional points if wanted for all scoring. Like 0.10 per yard which would be 1 point for 10 yards. I want to set sacks to 0.5 and completions to 0.25

• Jeff VJeff V commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's a good idea - point of clarification, though... I'd like to see all FG's up to 39 yards stay at 3 points, then start the fractional scoring at 40 yard field goals. I don't like the idea of a 25-yard field goal only being worth 2.5 points.

This is a great idea. Makes sense from a logical standpoint Makes sense from a competition standpoint. The math isn't difficult. I think this is a no-brainier.

• MattMatt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a stupid idea. So a 32 yr FG is 3.2? I'd rather make all FGs 3 points.

• WillWill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Good idea - this (as well as fractional DST scoring) should be an option, and probably default if a league uses fractional scoring for other positions.

• curtiscurtis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This should only apply to FGs over 30 yards. 3 pts is still the minimum score for a FG. It's so simple and was suggested to Yahoo for at least 4 years. Why does it take so long to get this done?

• BradBrad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I totally agree with this. In my league, we want to make it start at 40 yards. A 40 yard FG should not be worth the same as a 49 yard FG. With kickers making 60 yard FGs more and more, it would be nice to get rewarded for having a kicker with a big leg.

A sliding scale would be awesome.

My Formula:

For misses it could be -3 for 17 yards, -0 for 77+ yards, and for the 60 yards in between it could change by .05 points for every yard beyond 17.

For makes it could be +3 for 17 yards, +6 for 77+yards, and for the 60 yards in between it could again change by .05 points for every yard beyond 17.

They could have inputs for the range and the point values at each end and their computer could do the rest.

• I Don't CareI Don't Care commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't give a flying f**k about decimal scoring for FGs. All I want is Yahoo to fix the broken pore draft ranking system. My league now wants to move to another site because of it. We are giving Yahoo until the end of the month to get this mess fixed.

• DrewDrew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i TOTALLY agree!! they should have been fractional to begin with!! why make a stupid cut off on the points????? ive been making 50+ FGs 6 points in our league to account for this ridiculous oversite the past couple of years....all of the other yards are fractional EXCEPT the FG yardage...lol...der der der!!

• MicahMicah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think this would be a great option, especially if there is some kind of minimum score (3?) and/or a way to do points for the "make" separate from points for the distance.

Accepting this idea would also solve the problem that FGs of 60+ yards should count more than 50-59 yard FGs.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base