How can we make Fantasy Football better?

Please make the team name option more than a 20 character max.

At least double the character max to 40. I know several people that have had to completely change their team names because of this 20 character limit.

5th ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • yahoo
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Tom AnderssonTom Andersson shared a merged idea: Expand team names to 22 letters.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Make team name longer than 20 characters  ·   · 
    JohnJohn shared a merged idea: Team Names...  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: I'd really like it if you expanded team names to 25 letters instead of 20. Several good ones I want to use are in the 20-25 range  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: 20 Characters for a team name is not enough.  ·   · 
    Matt S.Matt S. shared a merged idea: Increase Limit on Team Names  ·   · 

57 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • yahoo
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why can't my SA Gunslingers be the San Antonio Gunslingers? That's not a whopping amount of letters to ask for.

• Brady is a Lying Sack of sh!tBrady is a Lying Sack of sh!t commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why the **** hasn't Yahoo complied with this very simple fix?

Answer: Yahoo couldn't give a sh!t what its users want. We are all suckers for using this flea bitten terrible site for fantasy sports. There are better ones out there.

• jack boochiejack boochie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE INCREASE IT!!!! 40 would be great. I think this would make me significantly happier all year round.

• NY BozoNY Bozo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

the 20 letter limit is archaic. What is this? 1998? You need to at least DOUBLE that to 40. "The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen" would just get in at 37. So 40 sounds about right to me.

• Tom AnderssonTom Andersson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would normally consider a request like this to be impossible except for I might be winning again with Jay Cutler for a second year, so I pretty much believe nothing is impossible.

20 characters is too short for proper team name. Please increase to 30 or 40 characters limit.

• Tristan DuchartTristan Duchart commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

League Names as well! My league name of "The League of Extra Ordinary Gentlemen" had to be chopped down to just "Gents" and cut out The. Makes me less happy.

• A.C.A.C. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

aw...wah! wah! wah! it's a fkg team name not a novel for ****'s sake!

I agree. I had an awesome name but was just a few characters short of making it work. Stop being like twitter! Up the max!

• After the ReignAfter the Reign commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think 30 would be an acceptable number. If you can't come up with a clever name in 30 characters…Keep trying. Ross Bursey(After the Reign)

• Arik GordonArik Gordon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Come on Yahoo,

You've seen all the great team names. Increase the Limit, Its hard to be creative with the names with only a 20 character limit.

• MaveROCKMaveROCK commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed! It's probably more of a layout-based restriction than a technical limitation...still, Yahoo! could expand their tables to allocate 5-10 more characters!

This definitely needs to be fixed, it seems like a simple thing to fix. Yahoo needs to realize the blatantly obvious that one of the funnest things about fantasy sports is picking a creative team name. Yahoo, make this easy change please.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base