How can we make Fantasy Football better?

Automatic Substitutions Option for Players Ruled Out Prior to Game Start Time

An option that allows the team manager to auto sub for players ruled 'O' on game day only. Manager would create a 'prioritized sub list' for each position based on players already on the bench.

Example: If on game day a WR is ruled Out, the system would select the next WR on the auto sub list based on the team manager's sub order.

This makes it easier for managers to have contingencies for late scratches where the manager cannot practically access the FF app (driving, at work, running a 5K, especially for managers running a 5K)

The option could be commish-controlled and allow for a variable substitution window ranging from the beginning of game day (12:01am Pacific Time) up to Kickoff.

2nd ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • yahoo
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Badr KBadr K shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Brian MorganBrian Morgan shared a merged idea: Why have a bench if you can't substitute for injured players during a game. Once a player goes down it almost always a certain loss.  ·   · 
    FrankFrank shared a merged idea: Automatic Adjustments to "Holes" in Starting Lineup (Empty Roster Spot, IR, BYE)  ·   · 
    G.C.G.C. shared a merged idea: Including ACQuisition Cash option in trading block  ·   · 
    Winston SmithWinston Smith shared a merged idea: Allow teams to switch out their injured players even though their team has already started playing.  ·   · 
    Christopher GillenChristopher Gillen shared a merged idea: DEPTH CHART!!! allow managers to set a DEPTH CHART!!!!  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Why can't I change a player you just announced at the last minute was OUT!!!  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: How about when a player gets hurt in the first half and you have a bench player available you can substitute. Only with injury.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Substitution  ·   · 
    Mike PMike P shared a merged idea: Red Flag Change  ·   · 
    RockTravelerRockTraveler shared a merged idea: Halftime Adjustment  ·   · 
    ScottScott shared a merged idea: Roster Backups - Method to backfill injured player  ·   · 
    Ron GillisRon Gillis shared a merged idea: Automatic Inactive Player substitution  ·   · 

125 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • yahoo
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • winowino commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this whole suggestion and thread is R-E-T-A-R-D-E-D

If this is not politically correct enough for you, then you can kiss my hairy ****!!

• poopoo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this has to be the worst suggestion I have ever seen posted on the feedback board. It would undermine the integrity of the game and put decision making in the hands of Yahoo. Please dump this idea.

• DougDoug commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Make this an option for custom leagues since opinions seem to be mixed. Implement now, don't wait until next season!

• popeyepopeye commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Incredibly stupid idea. Astonishing. Really. How about we play the game for you?

Do you have someone hold your **** for you when you ***?

• AbcAbc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

hahahahahaha! Is this a joke? What a freaking DUMB idea. lame

• yahho yahooyahho yahoo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Oh my God. This has to be the dumbest idea I've ever seen posted on here. Wow. Just wow. Maybe you'd like us to hold your **** for you while you are peeing?

• Curtis ThomsonCurtis Thomson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If it can be set up on an individual basis, I wouldn't have an issue with it. Not everyone can check their rosters every Sunday prior to games starting, be it family outings, work, etc... So if it can be set up for specific players who are listed as doubtful or questionable that you can specify who the sub would be then that's fine. But a general auto-sub setting would suck.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No point in making it easier for people who don't want to put time in. It happens to all of us but some of us keep an eye on this sundays at 11:55

• Micah WyssMicah Wyss commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I personally don't like the idea, but as long as it is normally turned off, I have no issue with other leagues using it. ... but I won't be using it in any of mine.

• Sean SantiagoSean Santiago commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A lot of hate on this idea. I get what you guys are hatin on but I think the original poster was referring to a player he knew was questionable or game time decision and he had a player set up to take the players place if he was ruled out last minute. I don't think he was just thinkin auto substitute any time a player is injured during previous week. I think this could be implemented in a limited way. Maybe limit the number of times you can do this per season so that managers don't just set it up to constantly auto sub for injuries. That would make the managers conserve this function for the few game time decisions that come up during the season. Maybe limit it to players who are questionable and only allow it 3 times per year.

• D CohenD Cohen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the most idiotic idea ever presented. Somebody keeps voting for it using different user names obviously.

p.s. Jax Kearney: very funny. I LOL'd. But you are right on the money.

• Yahoo sucks assYahoo sucks ass commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What a BAD idea. If you are incapable of managing your own team competently, which includes monitoring injuries, then don't f'ing play at all. Useless thread

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Feedback and Knowledge Base