How can we make Fantasy Football better?

More in-draft control

Commissioner should be able to pause the draft, make picks for someone, even be able to go back and change a pick if need be. Not everyone can be at the draft. And sometimes the circumstances are less than ideal. Wifi cuts out all the time. People have technical issues. We had to switch to ****** espn this year because of their in draft controls.

15th ranked
Vote
Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Bryce shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

54 comments

Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Twan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Completely agree. Give commissioners unlimited number of pauses and allow us to change the amount of time per pick. Because we don't have these options, we use a different draft board. Then, as commissioner, I have to manually enter the results.

• John Currie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why make it a limit of 15 minutes? Entirely too limiting. Other websites allow more flexibility for the biggest event of the fantasy year. This enables a bad foundation for the rest of the year. Please allow more flexibility!

• Sunil Gandhi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. We will definitely be switching to ESPN next year. The draft was super glitchy this year and the lack of commissioner controls was glaring.

• Joe Linderman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I couldn't agree more!!!! This is the weakest feature of this site. The commissioner should be able to do whatever is necessary to keep the draft moving smoothly weather it be drafting for a user, pausing the draft, or even restarting the draft if necessary. In this case you should take some pointers from ESPN.

• Dylan Jones commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

And let the commissioner change how much time each round of the draft gets after they have started. One year we realized there was too little time per round, after the first round, but we couldn't change it.

• Andre Bruno commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is no reason why this feature shouldn't be available. I can't imagine it being too hard to implement code wise.

• Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree 100%. Every year we have issues with the live draft and it starts fights cause guys don't draft who they want and guys are taken that shouldn't be. It's bad to the point we are looking at other means for football this year cause of all the bad experiences.

• Eric Bernacki commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In a public league, I fully understand that you cannot have unlimited pauses. For a private keeper league like mine, I should have the ability to pause the draft as much as I want.

• Sam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There should not be limits on the Commissioner's ability to pause a draft or rewind a draft pick.

The Commissioner is there to make sure everything goes smoothly, and when there are wi-fi issues or other conflicts, there shouldn't be a limit of 5 draft pauses. The commissioner is meant to be a trusted person who is looking out for the integrity of the league. There isn't a downside to allowing unlimited pauses.

Commissioner should also be allowed to make picks for a manager in the event that there are on-going connection issues.

It is silly that Yahoo implemented these limits. 5 or 6 managers ended up with players they didn't want this year, with no ability for the commissioner to rewind the pick or change it, due to continuous connection issues.

• Luke Williams commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally agree! Need longer breaks for people to recalibrate if the draft is going poorly for them and they need to reestablish key players to draft!

• ntq commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Commissioner should have the power to pause the draft as many times as necessary in private leagues. Our latest draft this season had more than several people losing their connections to Yahoo. As commish, I ran out of pause-timeouts and was forced, along with others, to use the Yahoo Fantasy Sports App to compensate. Please give the ability to have unlimited pause times for custom leagues. If this feature isn't added for next season, our league will have to move to another platform like ESPN which does offer this feature. The draft is the highlight of the season for many owners and connection issues are always going to occur, especially in a large league. Thank you.

• Michael Sandler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add a "pass" button for auction drafts. In the latter half of a draft it's infuriating having to sit there and watch the full 30 second clock tick down after just one or two bids and you know no one else is going to bid on that player. If everyone could hit a "pass" button to declare they are not interested in bidding further on that player, then we could just move on to the next player and save a lot of time. That would really add up.

• David commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Pausing the draft is a cool option, but don't punish me for having a great internet provider. I pay extra money for that. People with bad connections should set up and talk to your internet provider. I expect a draft with 1 min draft picks to last 45 minutes - 1 1/2 hours. Please pause only in emergency.

• Steph commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please limit the ability to pause the draft! I am getting punished for others bad connection.

• mike223 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having options to pause a live draft is good, but everything needs limitations especially when it comes to peoples time. You know the saying time is money. Limit how many times you can stop a draft please.

• Fred commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can you imagine calling a timeout indefinitely? wtf!?! What about the other teams that are waiting? Just ***** them over? Really need a pause limit.

• Jerry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There needs to a limit on the amount of times you can pause live drafts. Not everyone can spend 5 hours in one draft especially in private cash leagues open to the public. Needs a time limit too if your going to constantly pause it. If your doing a free private league then you can take as long as you want.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base