Fantasy Football

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Release draft order once league is finalized

Draft order should be randomly assigned when the league members are finalized, not 30 minutes before it begins. This would allow people to do mock drafts in their assigned draft position and prepare properly ahead of time.

87th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Draft Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Custom Draft Order

It was 56 minutes before the draft was scheduled to take place and I wanted to set a custom draft order, but Yahoo has an arbitrary rule where I can't change the draft order 1 hour before the draft. So I had to reschedule the whole draft. Thanks, Yahoo, for not giving me full control over my league.

103rd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Draft Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow setting of maximum # of players to be autodrafted at each position

Players should be able to set the "shape" of their lineup when they have to autodraft. For example, I want to draft 2 QBs, 3 RBs, 5 WRs, etc.

I was unable to participate in my league's live draft this year, but entered an extensive list of player rankings. I ended up with an A+ draft on paper, but it had a backup kicker and IDPs, and only 2 RBs and 3 WRs. As you might guess, that didn't work out so well.

It seems for players who have to autodraft, it should be possible to indicate the maximum number…

275th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Draft Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Create a "draft board" view for offline draft entry

For offline drafts, can you create a "draft board" view to enter draft picks. Our league would prefer to project the draft board during our draft and manually enter the picks. Currently the format is not very user-friendly and does not appear as a draft board, forcing us to purchase a paper board and then go back and enter draft results at a later time. This would save a lot of time and be an awesome feature for offline drafts!!

97th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Draft Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Let us draft a coach

The idea of drafting a coach has been floated in a couple long time leagues, and has been an overwhelming hit.

The idea is you’re able to draft a coach and assign a point value to a win or loss. For example if you draft Matt Nagy and the bears win it’s +1 and a loss would be -1

The coach position, if used would be a roster spot that you’re only allowed to put a coach in to prevent teams from not having a coach and filling it with a deeper bench of position players.

Every team needs a…

346th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Draft Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Auto draft stinks for Defensive players. Yahoo auto draft drafts the worst defensive players possible.

fix how you auto draft ranks defensive player. it always auto drafts guys that arent even playing or have a chance to play.... ranked 1500.

175th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Draft Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow for a longer draft clock time limit than two minutes for electronic drafts, and allow for no draft clock.

The two-minute draft clock limit is an arbitrary limitation on leagues that isn't conducive for leagues that meet to draft in person and like to take their time with the draft. Of course, there is the option to plug in the players manually, but that adds additional effort for the commissioner and sometimes can result in miscommunications without a live draft board. Allowing for us to use the software Yahoo! provides with a draft clock that is longer than two minutes, or even allowing for there to be no draft clock, would vastly improve the experience.

122nd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Draft Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. YAHOO - CHANGE YOUR "PRE-DRAFT" CHANGES CAPABILITY

Two issues I faced regarding "Pre-Draft" settings:

1ST ISSUE:
    1) 10 minutes before the draft time for one of my league, I realized that the time needed to be pushed by 30 minutes (I am the commissioner). Yahoo's pre-draft settings would not let me do this. The commissioner can only change the draft time UP TO one hour before the draft time begins. As per Yahoo, this is because that is when the draft room is created. This is ridiculous. You should be able to change the draft time ANYTIME before the draft begins, even if it's one second before…

160th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Draft Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Adding add/drop feature PRE-DRAFT

Adding add/drop feature PRE-DRAFT this allows dynasty GMs to add in offseason trades, then GMs can pick keepers with their proper players and we can then online draft, this would make dynasty leagues so much easier and better to use!

190th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Nomination time for auction drafts needs to be decreased

This is our 12th year playing together and the 6th year doing an auction draft. The time it takes for people to nominate players is too long. There should be an option for 15 seconds, because the lowest option right now of 30 seconds, is far too long. If guys are not paying attention and forget to nominate then a good player still gets nominated automatically. With a league of 12 guys drafting 15 players, that's an hour and a half spent just on nominations. The draft takes way too long. Adding the option (not making it a default by…

183rd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Draft Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow importing of Pre-Draft rankings via CSV or other means.

It is very tedious to update my rankings based on my spreadsheet. Please for the love of god let me import via CSV!

239th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Draft Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. filter mock drafts

I doubt it would be too hard to let people filter the rules, positions available, # of players for the mock drafts. The point is to practice for your real draft, so I'd like to be able to practice as close as possible to my real league settings.

I play in a 12 person, PPR leauge, with IDP instead of K and D/ST slots. I feel like adding a drop down filter menu that would allow you to only see the leagues you want with these options shouldn't be too hard.

421st ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. IDP rankings

I wasn't able to make it to my draft, a league with IDP - so yahoo auto-drafted for me. Yahoo rankings of IDP players is sooooo far off, that anyone who was on auto-draft ended up with NA, IR, or backup players. How are yahoo rankings of these players so far off? There doesn't seem to be any real ranking in place for IDP. Guys that score consistently are bypassed for inactive players. My first IDP was Jamal Agnew, then Nick Bellore!?! probably a combined career fantasy points of 10. While Avery Williamson was still on the board, Budda Baker,…

239th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Draft Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Draft Order in Keeper Leagues

In a keeper league, it would be nice to have the draft order update automatically and set in once we set the draft order for the first round, select it as a snake draft, then boom, it inputs all rounds of the draft after that, rather than us having to manually do each round. Just time consuming. Please can you make that adjustment?

421st ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Draft Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Commissioner access to enter all draft picks for players during a live draft.

There should be a draft setup where the commissioner can draft for most of the players during a live draft. An example of what I'm describing:
    My league has chosen to do an offline, in person draft this year. Only 11 of the 14 members can make it in person. It would be awesome if us 11 could still do our in person draft (with draft board and all) while the 3 stuck at home are able to follow along on the site (or app). If I, as commish, were able to input every pick at the in person draft…

275th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Draft Grading

I love the current additions you have made to your platform over the summer.
    However, I have been doing drafts for about 2 weeks now and I have noticed that your "fantasy points" category hasn't changed. I am now at the point where I can draft a 98 A+ team in a 12 man league by knowing which injured players will give me the best value. There is no way these teams would work in real life.
    Instead of giving predicted fantasy points (and never changing them), why don't you just rank the players by Tiers in the mock drafts. …

530th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Offline drafts should be able to submit and finalize rosters without having to draft a kicker and/or defense.

Offline drafts should be able to submit and finalize rosters without having to draft a kicker and/or defense. When drafts occur in week 1 or week 2, there are too many variable in starters, and it hurts rosters to have to draft a kicker and/or defense when they aren't needed for at least 2 weeks.

530th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Improve Auto-Draft

I have a number of simple suggestions to improve auto-draft. Obviously, the prevailing strategy for standard leagues is to load up on WR and RB and generally carry only one of every other position. Also, it's a waste to use an 8th or 9th round pick on a K or D instead of high upside bench RB/WR stashes.

So I propose the following auto-draft settings:
    1. Allow users to select the max number of players that auto-draft will select for each position group (ex. max 1 D, 2 QB, etc.)
    2. Allow users to set the minimum round for each…

346th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Draft Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Longer than 2 mins draft option

Some players are newer and need more time selecting. As commissioner we should have the option to set 3 or 4 minute draft times...been in yahoo for years. Would like to have this implemented

870th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Draft order incorrect on day of draft

I randomized the draft order on 7/16/2018 and on the day of the draft, the order was incorrect within the draft room. We ended up having to draft offline and I had to change the teams manually through the commish changes option. Can you please explain why the draft order was incorrect. Me and my league members would like an explanation in order to prevent this in the future. Thank you.

870th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base